Baltimore V Bills Who Wins?

mdonnelly21

Baltimore V Bills   

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Early thoughts I think the weakest unit that will be on the field is the bills defense. They are solid, but have regressed from last year and as evidenced against the Colts, you can run on them which Baltimore is the best in the league at. I like Baltimore if Lamar doesn't have to be the Raven's entire running game. Dobbins and Edwards have to be more productive this week, imo. Hollywood Brown was able to get his against a weak Titans secondary, I think that will change against the Bills with White covering him. Think Andrews will be the go to guy for Lamar this week. Buffalo surrendered the most catches and second most yards vs TEs this year, if the stats I looked at were correct. Jack Doyle tore them up this weekend, as well.

Josh Allen is an elite talent and even against a great defense like Baltimore, I expect him to play well. I just think Baltimore will easily stop their average run game and force them to become pass happy, which in potential bad weather isn't a good thing. Allen is a phenomenal player but if he has to play hero ball, he has shown he is prone to making a mistake at critical times. 

I say Ravens 27 Bills 23

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hopefully the Bills, followed by the Browns. Love to see 

Browns @ Bills AFCCG 

NFL, wouldn't but I would!

in a snowstorm ,  may as well add that.  The bills will have a tougher opponent this week if the Ravens stay committed to the run and their defence continues to play well. It should be quite a game. 

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Not predicting anything, but from the early commentary, I don't think it's quite set in that WHEN HEALTHY the Ravens have THE best defense in the league. Maybe the Rams have an argument, but point is, don't sleep on what this defense can do. 

this is what people keep forgetting for some reason. Will the NFL and the officiating crews allow defences to play though. Humphrey got pushed on that one TD by Brown, maybe that should have been called. More missed calls like that makes it even more difficult for defenders. 

Bills mid quality run defence vs the Ravens will be the matchup I am most interested in

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Not liking the weather. Will certainly give the Bills an advantage. Andrews consistently seems to have his worst games in inclement weather conditions. Lamar’s danger factor goes down in inclement weather because he can’t get the elite footing to consistently finish runs (case and point, in this game he probably slips right after he gets the first down when he makes that cut to the right).

The Buffalo weather is far more likely to nerf our offense than there’s IMO, as they can practice in those conditions and Allen is a power scrambler.

Oh well, the inclement weather should certainly help to make this game a potential ‘classic’ considering that 2018 QB class looks like it has the potential to overtake the 2004 QB class down the road if these young QBs keep it up... and with Jackson and Allen both ascended and the old timers going away soon, a snow game is probably just what the NFL’s doctor ordered.

run games travel well especially if the opponent is middle of the league in run defence. Maybe not 400+ yards on the ground, but 200+ is a good start isn't it?

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

run games travel well especially if the opponent is middle of the league in run defence. Maybe not 400+ yards on the ground, but 200+ is a good start isn't it?

Run game travels but the Bills run defense just held Jonathan Taylor to under 4 YPC rushing, if you can remove part of what makes Lamar as dangerous as he is (his ability to make guys miss in tight spaces) because of his exceptional agility and speed, you’re putting a muzzle on the rushing and thus offensive output.

Imagine the Titans game if Lamar runs for 60-70 less yards because he slips and loses his footing a few times... do the Ravens still win the game?

Throw in the fact that the Ravens rely a lot on pulling lineman and misdirection, bad terrain will effect their ability to reach their blocks . So in a vacuum, run games travel well, but in this instance, it’s certainly not ideal.

Epic matchup. Two of the hottest teams in the league going to war. The two best QBs from the 2018 draft class going head to head. I'm excited for the this game, but I know Baltimore is a damn good team with an elite defense and a QB who is one missed tackle away from a huge play. It's going to be a tough game for my boys, but damn it- I'd be lying if I said I preferred Pitt, and that's solely based on entertainment factor.  

5 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Not predicting anything, but from the early commentary, I don't think it's quite set in that WHEN HEALTHY the Ravens have THE best defense in the league. Maybe the Rams have an argument, but point is, don't sleep on what this defense can do. 

An incredible secondary and a d-line that can dominate the trenches? Yeah, I agree- they're an elite unit. Some Bills fans were saying we played the best defense in the AFC on Saturday and I was perplexed. Indy's defense is pretty good, but Baltimore is on another level, imo.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Please snow a lot lol.

I'm a little torn here - do we REALLY want that?

If that prevents Josh from being able to pass effectively and we get stuck on run game vs run game, I do NOT think that favors us

I know we are Buffalo and everything, and a little bit of inclement weather favors us and Josh's arm is going to be a benefit, but TOO MUCH inclement weather might actually backfire

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'm a little torn here - do we REALLY want that?

If that prevents Josh from being able to pass effectively and we get stuck on run game vs run game, I do NOT think that favors us

I know we are Buffalo and everything, and a little bit of inclement weather favors us and Josh's arm is going to be a benefit, but TOO MUCH inclement weather might actually backfire

I think Josh will torch mf in the snow tbh