Baltimore V Bills Who Wins?

mdonnelly21

Baltimore V Bills   

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

26 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I think Josh will torch mf in the snow tbh

Don't get me wrong. An inch on the ground and flurries in the air all day would be NICE

I just don't want whiteout type of impossible passing conditions like that one Browns game for example

Tough to gauge this game right now. I was underwhelmed with the Bills D on Saturday but also underwhelmed by the Ravens offense. The Titans played a great game on D but allowed 103 points in the last 3 games before the Ravens. The Bills had a good game plan for Lamar last year when we played them but it's a whole different year. 

I think it's going to be a great game, maybe the game of the weekend. I'll go 28-24 Bills for now.

• Like 1

Really excited for this one. I'm hoping that getting that first playoff win has a liberating effect on Lamar and the team - it's something that has clearly weighed on the team and came out noticeably tight yesterday as a result. Just need to come out swinging on Saturday and play like you've got nothing to lose. 

And sorry Bills fans, I will be eating my wings with a side of ranch come Saturday night. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

I expect it to be a close game, being a Bills fan I hope for the win but I am not a fan of this match up. They have the top run attack in the NFL and the bills struggle against the run, as well as covering TE. They matched up way better with the Steelers then the Ravens. I have been saying for weeks this is the team I least want to see, even more then KC. It has no knock on KC at all it just isn't ideal because they are coming in hot just like the Bills are and they have an underrated defense that can cause some issues, I expect Peters to shadow diggs which will be fun to watch and tre to be on Brown. I expect the ravens to go with the colts factor by running the ball on long drives killing the clock and limiting Allen and Co to be on the field. Edmunds will likely play qb spy and the bills will need to start expecting to stack the box forcing Lamar to throw it as I think he will struggle more so then him running. If bills come out on fire they need to make sure Ravens are playing down more then 10 points, if they can do that then the run game will slowly change. Roman will be out for blood as he was let go by the Rex Ryan Bills staff a few years ago so you know there is a chip on his shoulder in that sense.  It will be a good one and heartbreaking for the loser as both have been great over the last couple of months. 

Amazing what happens when one team rest players on week 17, saying it is meaningless to them but it clearly was proven wrong. Hopefully NFL teams see this moving forward. Had Steelers played starters, Browns may have not been in the playoffs as that game was more close week 17 then last night. 

19 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Really excited for this one. I'm hoping that getting that first playoff win has a liberating effect on Lamar and the team - it's something that has clearly weighed on the team and came out noticeably tight yesterday as a result. Just need to come out swinging on Saturday and play like you've got nothing to lose. 

And sorry Bills fans, I will be eating my wings with a side of ranch come Saturday night. 

Same can be said about the bills though with the whole Playoff 1st win since 1995 so the bills will be coming out feeling loose and nothing to lose either.

And how can you eat wings with Ranch, you probably drink Whiteclaws to wash that down..good luck

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

Same can be said about the bills though with the whole Playoff 1st win since 1995 so the bills will be coming out feeling loose and nothing to lose either.

And how can you eat wings with Ranch, you probably drink Whiteclaws to wash that down..good luck

I like what I like! 

Come to think of it, might have to whip up some Old Bay wings for Saturday so I'm not sleeping with the enemy 😆

Probably the biggest concern from this past weekend for the Ravens is that the offensive line wasn't actually particularly good (in the playoffs again). Don't know if the increased competition offsets the system enough to expose the fact that most of the line is not especially talented. The Titans were easily the worst pass rush in the playoffs and they sacked Lamar 5 times, a couple more hits/hurries, took away the Lamar sprint to the edge and the run inside very well, outside a couple plays where Lamar had to work very hard. Dobbins and Edwards were not able to take over the game, even with the lead, and they also got most of their productivity when they bounced outside. Optimistically, you could buy in on the idea that Titatns D is bad, but stronger in places to defend this offense, but probably it's not getting easier in terms of competition there.

The defense for the Ravens played as well as anyone could hope, maybe get a bit more pressure/sacks, but that was pretty much the effort they envisioned when putting together this defense. Only change I'd make for the Bills game is NOT leaving Humphrey on an island against Diggs. They did that against AJ Brown, and Brown made some star plays, but for the most part they got away with it. Hopefully without a Derek Henry to worry about, they can dedicate more safety help and add some more bracket coverage.

I like us to run for really big yardage again in this one. I hope we receive the kick and just start eating big rushes from the get go...

I feel good about this team in any matchup now. Our defence is the best remaining in the AFC by a good margin IMO

Good game this week and I just hope to contain the locomotive that is Josh Allen right now. It looks like snow too which is kind of cool, I'm not sure it grants one of us an advantage over the other because we are both pretty finesse on offence. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

10 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Not predicting anything, but from the early commentary, I don't think it's quite set in that WHEN HEALTHY the Ravens have THE best defense in the league. Maybe the Rams have an argument, but point is, don't sleep on what this defense can do. 

I would word that the other way around - the Rams defense is statistically better than the Ravens in almost every single way, so I'd say the Ravens would have to be the one to have an argument. But even then I don't see it as much of an argument. We've missed our starting S, backup S who took over for him and both ILBs who would have started - one all season, one for half the season - so it's not like we've been healthy all year.

I do think the Ravens defense shouldn't be slept on though, so this game will be interesting.

• Like 1