Baltimore V Bills Who Wins?

mdonnelly21

Baltimore V Bills   

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

good points. So would some snow be a problem or would it have to be a bit on the melting side  as well? The weather will be important in this game then . Is the surface in Buffalo decent most of the time? 

I can’t answer that question. Probably a question for the Bills fans. The last time we played there this time of year it was within 20mph+ winds IIRC. So field concerns weren’t the problem, but the inclement weather was an impact on the game for both offenses.

Snow itself I don’t think will be the problem as much as the melting that takes away from the grip of the cleats.

——

Either way, it should be a good game. Two Andy Reid tree coaches going at it. So I expect them to have great familiarity and respect for one another. Very evenly matched squads in talent. Though I do think they’ve got a slight coaching advantage with Brian Daboll over Greg Roman.

Will be interesting to see how they choose to defend Josh Allen this game. Definite problem. Wink will certainly have his hands full. Great battle all around.

44 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Is it though?

I do think it is. Not incredibly significant, but certainly matters.

Moss was your best RB. Easily better in pass protection and while he doesn’t have the same contact balance as Singletary, he has more power to break tackles IMO. But that’s probably not a huge difference in that respect. Also downgrading from Moss to Yeldon as the other back in your rotation, I do feel is a big enough downgrade. Could force Allen to once again have to be both your run and pass game.

But in the event of handling the blitz, Moss was at worst an above average pass blocker, over the course of a game I’d expect the difference there to add up.

Unless the Bills go absolute 4 WR, 1 TE more often than not. Which they might do, they did that a lot vs the Colts as their adjustment to the Colts defense IIRC.

But in a game against two closely talented squads, I think every tool in the proverbial tool shed will be critical.

I’m very surprised by the poll results. I see this game as a one possession finish.

As for Moss. It definitely hurts. The Bills trusted him more than Singletary in short yardage and gosling work. I like Singletary but Moss, especially on a snowy day, would have been great. If Yeldon plays, that could be a sneaky play for Buffalo. He’s another weapon out of the back field and could help against Cover 0 blitz.

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

thats significant

Yeah not really... Both Moss and Singletary have been pretty big disappoints this year. They have been ok but theyre just sprinkled in every now and then. Antonio Williams was giving a shot in week 17 and he played better than any of our RBs all year.

And TJ Yeldon isnt much of a fall off from Moss. Either. There are some options that we can go to with very little fall off.

One score game not sure which way. Ravens D-Line will take out the Bills run game and make it solely about Allen. He's a stud and is talented enough to do so but the Ravens secondary is their strength, Humphreys, Smith and Peters is a horrendous CB trio to have to face. Get the feeling Allen will be scrambling more than the past weekend.

• Interesting matchup will be Queen versus whoeever the Bills TE is in coverage, and how much Daboll tries to get Beasley matched up on him. As that will be ugly.
  • Hollywood Brown is going to have to show up again. I doubt White bothers shadowing him?
  • Edmunds versus Andrews will be interesting also. As he's very much Lamar's security blanket (not a bad thing before someone takes this the wrong way)
  • Do Ravens play someone aside from Queen on passing downs?
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

Do Ravens play someone aside from Queen on passing downs?

Tyus Bowser will probably see some nickel LB looks. His usage (45%) went down against the Titans because they’re heavy run, but could be in the 60% range this game. Probably rotates in for both Yannick as a rusher occasionally while also playing plenty NLB for either Fort and/or Queen. The team may give Queen an opportunity to prove himself vs these RB however. Though LJ Fort and Tyus Bowser’s experience will likely supplant him in enough circumstances.

• Like 2