Baltimore V Bills Who Wins?

mdonnelly21

Baltimore V Bills   

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

So we agree a bills blowout win is best for both sides correct?

Either that or you guys can come out, at home, like the Steelers did... and let us get up to a quick 28 on you... let us salt away the game with a good rushing attack.

Heck, Allen doesn’t even need to throw the interceptions... I like him and would want to spare him from such, sacrifice someone else... Diggs is from MD, so not him... maybe Cole Beasley. He’s hurt... people would understand if he had a couple fumbles. We’d get over it, right?

Is a 28 point head start where we win by 11 points, too much to ask for? Allen could set playoff passing records too.. would build his storied legend. Win/win. Deal? 🤓😂

13 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Either that or you guys can come out, at home, like the Steelers did... and let us get up to a quick 28 on you... let us salt away the game with a good rushing attack.

Heck, Allen doesn’t even need to throw the interceptions... I like him and would want to spare him from such, sacrifice someone else... Diggs is from MD, so not him... maybe Cole Beasley. He’s hurt... people would understand if he had a couple fumbles. We’d get over it, right?

Is a 28 point head start where we win by 11 points, too much to ask for? Allen could set playoff passing records too.. would build his storied legend. Win/win. Deal? 🤓😂

I love everything about this...:but let’s flip it. Lamar can kill any narrative about him not being able to throw 30+ times or that he won’t do well in bad conditions or any other misguided thoughts fans and media have.

I couldn’t put this evil on Cole Beasley....Dallas stans would come out of the woodwork and be unbearable. But I would be okay putting this on Marquis Brown. His cousins bad karma probably rubbed off on him a little right?

Lets shake on it!

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

This may be the first time in NFL History that a team gave up 30+ points 8 times in a season but the team that put up 20 on them in the playoffs has arrived as a real power.

Arrived from where? They were slightly favored against Tenn and are slightly underdogs to the Bills which in line with where their resume says they should be by most metrics.

The Ravens defense was one of the most impressive units last week. The offensive performance wasn't amazing but it was at least solid. Track what they did on a drive by drive basis, there was one TO and 2 punts. Missed FG (by the GOAT) and the last drive kneeling at the Tenn 15 were successful offensive drives. I'd certainly take that over what the Steelers did putting up 37 in 14 complete drives.

The Bills put up 16 against the Titans if we are going to index against that one defense. But, this is a new game and we know from the whole season that both offenses are capable of taking over.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I love everything about this...:but let’s flip it. Lamar can kill any narrative about him not being able to throw 30+ times or that he won’t do well in bad conditions or any other misguided thoughts fans and media have.

I couldn’t put this evil on Cole Beasley....Dallas stans would come out of the woodwork and be unbearable. But I would be okay putting this on Marquis Brown. His cousins bad karma probably rubbed off on him a little right?

Lets shake on it!

We’ve already had Hollywood turn into ‘Soulja Boy’ with drops and bad play. That would be unbearable, this strikes too close to reality. 😂

The deal sounded enticing until you said all of that. Perhaps if you had suggested Skura had to last minute sub in for Mekari at center and snapped a few fumbles away, I might’ve gotten on board. Now, no deal. 😆

Edited by diamondbull424

On 1/11/2021 at 6:05 PM, Magnifico said:

One score game not sure which way. Ravens D-Line will take out the Bills run game and make it solely about Allen. He's a stud and is talented enough to do so but the Ravens secondary is their strength, Humphreys, Smith and Peters is a horrendous CB trio to have to face. Get the feeling Allen will be scrambling more than the past weekend.

• Interesting matchup will be Queen versus whoeever the Bills TE is in coverage, and how much Daboll tries to get Beasley matched up on him. As that will be ugly.
  • Hollywood Brown is going to have to show up again. I doubt White bothers shadowing him?
  • Edmunds versus Andrews will be interesting also. As he's very much Lamar's security blanket (not a bad thing before someone takes this the wrong way)
  • Do Ravens play someone aside from Queen on passing downs?

Chris Board, Tyus Bowser and Fort are the Ravens preferred coverage linebackers. Queen and Harrison are their run stopping guys. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 1:19 PM, The BILLievers said:

The bills have been one dimensional all season long so i don't get that comment lol they've been the most pass happy team in the league. 

I'd say the Bills have a better defense than the Titans and the Titans held Lamar to 20 points. Get me to Saturday, excited to see how this plays out!

The same Titans defense held Josh Allen to 16...granted it was like Week 5 or 6, but the point stands...

1 hour ago, DeathonWings96 said:

The same Titans defense held Josh Allen to 16...granted it was like Week 5 or 6, but the point stands...

Not really imo, that game was played 3 months ago on a Tuesday while the Bills were gameplanning for (2) teams (Titans & Chiefs) cause of COVID while Josh was playing injured lol. Bills are a totally different team now. Ravens just played them 4 days ago in a playoff matchup. The only reason I replied with that is because the OP said the Bills are going to get smacked and I said based off what lol.

Obviously every team matches up different but I don't think there's any comparison. 

Just like I think the Ravens O was underwhelming last week, it's the same thing with how the Bills D. I don't think they looked that great last week and it makes me somewhat nervous going into this week. 

I find if intriguing/funny that this matchup is so even that Bills/Ravens fans aren’t even trash talking. This feels like a game where either team could win by 2 scores or either team could win by a single point.

Edit: Like all the other GDT are over 10 pages by now, whereas this one.. we all acknowledge and respect the greatness of the opposing squad. I like it.

Edited by diamondbull424

Another interesting stat I saw that proves this game is going to be awesome.

• Ravens blitzed more often (263 plays) than any other team this season.
  • Allen (228 plays) saw more blitzes than any QB in the NFL, leading the NFL in TD passes, 1st downs, passing yards and completions of 20+ yards.

If many don't remember back in 2019, the Ravens/Bills played and the Ravens blitzed 24/7 and really disrupted Allen. Allen went for 150 yards, 1 TD and a completion % below .500. 

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

I find if intriguing/funny that this matchup is so even that Bills/Ravens fans aren’t even trash talking. This feels like a game where either team could win by 2 scores or either team could win by a single point.

Edit: Like all the other GDT are over 10 pages by now, whereas this one.. we all acknowledge and respect the greatness of the opposing squad. I like it.

This lol. I was just talking to my brother who's a die hard Panther fan and he was like "I can see the Bills winning by 2 TDs but I can also see the Ravens in the SB" lol. Such a toss up of a game.

3 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

This lol. I was just talking to my brother who's a die hard Panther fan and he was like "I can see the Bills winning by 2 TDs but I can also see the Ravens in the SB" lol. Such a toss up of a game.

Yup. I think this game will depend on how the ball bounces. Key fumbles that a team recovers vs the opposing team. Tipped balls at the LOS that go up in the air and become dropped interceptions. Wide receiver drops a catchable pass- that becomes an interception.

If anything bizarre happens, I think the football gods will have spoken. Kind of like the Cleveland game... only they were yelling very loudly in that one. 😂

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think the respect is there on both sides because both fan bases have been questioned: can Lamar be the guy and overcome a multi posession deficit, can he win a playoff game. Then you have Allen will he be a winning qb, can he throw the ball accurately, can the bills win a playoff game...This is all we have head for 2 years as fanbases from National Media, so IMO I think both fanbases have no hatred towards each other so I dont see the smack talk being necessary. Both teams have been coming in hot since bills on bye week and Ravens when Lamar came off Covid. So to me this is a toss up it will be close and I still am unsure on who will win it. While bills rush d has struggled Bills offense has shown they can easily march down the field and score with in 2 minutes from their own 4 yard line. I think it may come down to mistakes whether it is 1 or 2 turnovers, a missed fg, penalty stopping drives. I think the team that wins is based on the opponent's mistakes. I think both fan bases can agree they will be rooting for Browns this weekend.

• Like 1