Baltimore V Bills Who Wins?

mdonnelly21

Baltimore V Bills   

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

So uuuuh....lost in the shuffle of this game, Josh Allen has look...okay? fine? not all that great? Definitely has to step his game up against the Chiefs

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but I think the wind may have played a factor in his accuracy tonight.

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I agree, my main argument is Lamar as a passer, and the overall risk/reward of handcuffing your salary cap for 5-6 years. I 110% agree he's gonna get paid whatever he wants, because that's what happens in todays NFL with even half decent QBs.

I think Lamar is extremely dangerous, but I do think his inability to be consistent when throwing is a big chink in the armor that can be consistently exploited by good opponents.

i agree, but i also think that's true of any QB outside of the top 5 or so- they're all going to have weaknesses that you're going to need to cover up. with lamar they already do that to an extent with their offensive scheme, but are going to need to invest more heavily in receiving threats to make it actually work. hitting on a QB is tough enough that when you get a good QB who maybe isn't a consistent top 5 kind of guy, most teams will still want to keep them around and try to build a team around them that's good enough to win with. 

the question becomes whether lamar gets some kind of insane deal that hamstrings their ability to build around him. that's what would make things much tougher, but i also don't know if they're going to need to do that to keep him around.

• Like 1

Just now, Xenos said:

Wasn’t the first match up based on weird COVID scheduling? Things should hopefully be more normal now.

I think it was also another poor weather and windy game. Mahomes didn’t do much but KC ran for over 200 yards IIRC. Was the difference maker considering the weather.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but I think the wind may have played a factor in his accuracy tonight.

Seemed to play a factor with everybody's accuracy tonight. But still, that begs the question....dude, if the wind really is blowing that much, maybe dial it back on the deep bombs? And someone with his arm strength should be able to slice the ball through the wind on the intermediate routes. I dunno, he was fine today, but not to the level of the second half of this season. Some nice throws, but inconsistent.

• Like 1