Baltimore V Bills Who Wins?

mdonnelly21

Baltimore V Bills   

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

I think the respect is there on both sides because both fan bases have been questioned: can Lamar be the guy and overcome a multi posession deficit, can he win a playoff game. Then you have Allen will he be a winning qb, can he throw the ball accurately, can the bills win a playoff game...This is all we have heard for 2 years as fanbases from National Media, so IMO I think both fanbases have no hatred towards each other so I dont see the smack talk being necessary. Both teams have been coming in hot since bills on bye week and Ravens when Lamar came off Covid. So to me this is a toss up it will be close and I still am unsure on who will win it. While bills rush d has struggled Bills offense has shown they can easily march down the field and score with in 2 minutes from their own 4 yard line. I think it may come down to mistakes whether it is 1 or 2 turnovers, a missed fg, penalty stopping drives. I think the team that wins is based on the opponent's mistakes. I think both fan bases can agree they will be rooting for Browns this weekend.

9 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think both fan bases can agree they will be rooting for Browns this weekend.

I know it’s stupid... but I want the Chiefs. I mean, I’m most confident in our matchup with the Browns- as is the reason to want them- but I want the most difficult path for this team. That way no one can take anything away from this squad if we win it all.

No one can say, “well the Chiefs were coming off rest and played poorly against the Browns... that’s the only reason your team made the SB” or something crazy.

Same with the Bills. Though I wanted the Steelers, only because I don’t like the fact that they beat us twice this season. I wanted to be the team to sink their playoff hopes and send Big Ben out to his retirement party.

I least wanted to play your team because I both like you guys (for the reasons you’ve listed), you guys are just as difficult to beat as the Chiefs (IMO), as well as it presented a path that least provided a potential sense of gratification in sending the opposing team home.
——

Again, I know it’s not “logical” to want the Chiefs, but the only proper way to silence the haters is by giving them less to talk about.

Stephen Colbert Idk GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

6 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I know it’s stupid... but I want the Chiefs. I mean, I’m most confident in our matchup with the Browns- as is the reason to want them- but I want the most difficult path for this team. That way no one can take anything away from this squad if we win it all.

No one can say, “well the Chiefs were coming off rest and played poorly against the Browns... that’s the only reason your team made the SB” or something crazy.

Same with the Bills. Though I wanted the Steelers, only because I don’t like the fact that they beat us twice this season. I wanted to be the team to sink their playoff hopes and send Big Ben out to his retirement party.

I least wanted to play your team because I both like you guys (for the reasons you’ve listed), you guys are just as difficult to beat as the Chiefs (IMO), as well as it presented a path that least provided a potential sense of gratification in sending the opposing team home.
——

Again, I know it’s not “logical” to want the Chiefs, but the only proper way to silence the haters is by giving them less to talk about.

It is funny you say that and I see your point but same can be said last year with the Chiefs playing the titans instead of the Ravens. When it comes down to it people will hate just to hate and the only thing people would truly remember is the Chiefs beating the niners. So I dont care where the road goes at the end of the day everyone will remember who is in the superbowl not who they played in the playoffs and put an asterik next to it just cause the #1 seed fell to an unlikely #6 seed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

——

Nahh I'm all for whatever is the easiest path lol. If the Chiefs lose to the Browns thats on the Chiefs and proved the Browns were the best team that day. If the Bills or Ravens won the Super Bowl because the Chiefs lost to the Browns, i don't think anyone in 2 years will have an asterisk on the Super Bowl because the Chiefs weren't in the AFC Conference Championship. 

It's hard to believe as fans of any other AFC teams but there will be years when the Chiefs don't make the AFC Championship/Super Bowl and that doesn't discount other teams if they win it all.

But I do get what you're saying, you want no if's ands or buts about it. Respect that. But the Bills have never won a SB so IDC how they come!!!! lol

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DeathonWings96 said:

The same Titans defense held Josh Allen to 16...granted it was like Week 5 or 6, but the point stands...

Josh Allen played with a injured shoulder that week.... im pretty sure that was his first game he played with the shoulder pad on. He wasnt the same for weeks after he injured himself im Raiders game. It wasnt his throwing shoulder but injury definitely impacted him for awhile

18 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

——

18 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

It is funny you say that and I see your point but same can be said last year with the Chiefs playing the titans instead of the Ravens. When it comes down to it people will hate just to hate and the only thing people would truly remember is the Chiefs beating the niners. So I dont care where the road goes at the end of the day everyone will remember who is in the superbowl not who they played in the playoffs and put an asterik next to it just cause the #1 seed fell to an unlikely #6 seed.

17 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Nahh I'm all for whatever is the easiest path lol. If the Chiefs lose to the Browns thats on the Chiefs and proved the Browns were the best team that day. If the Bills or Ravens won the Super Bowl because the Chiefs lost to the Browns, i don't think anyone in 2 years will have an asterisk on the Super Bowl because the Chiefs weren't in the AFC Conference Championship. 

It's hard to believe as fans of any other AFC teams but there will be years when the Chiefs don't make the AFC Championship/Super Bowl and that doesn't discount other teams if they win it all.

But I do get what you're saying, you want no if's ands or buts about it. Respect that. But the Bills have never won a SB so IDC how they come!!!! lol

Right. It's not like anyone goes in the reverse direction either. Nobody thinks back to the 2012 playoffs and gives extra credit to that Ravens team for beating the Andrew Luck Colts, then going on the road to Denver (Manning) and New England (Brady) to eventually beat the 49ers in the SB. 

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

Right. It's not like anyone goes in the reverse direction either. Nobody thinks back to the 2012 playoffs and gives extra credit to that Ravens team for beating the Andrew Luck Colts, then going on the road to Denver (Manning) and New England (Brady) to eventually beat the 49ers in the SB. 

I am nobody then because I definitely do. Maybe it's because my team got torched in said playoffs. But that was an impressive run.

• Like 2

Another matchup I'm really interested to watch is the Bills WR's vs Ravens CB's. The Ravens like to play very physical and have their hands on the opposing WR's.. that works really good against big bodied WRs that can't get in and out of cuts quickly. The Bills revamped their offensive identity 2 years ago and now have Diggs/John Brown/Beasley; all quick shifty WRs that are tough to stick on. 

Josh Allen has been incredible against the blitz this year so I'm interested to see if Martindale blitzes as much as they have this year. If they do that'll leave alot of 1 on 1 matchups with our WRs and they have been winning those all season long. 1 more day!