Baltimore V Bills Who Wins?

mdonnelly21

Baltimore V Bills   

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

17 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Meh, Didn't think either QB played well, tbh. I thought both made one catastrophic mistake - Lamar's INT obviously, and Allen's sack fumble. Buffs defense was able to take advantage of the mistake, Baltimore's wasn't. 

I was watching hoping to be impressed enough by either team to get my hopes up of them challenging KC and that didn't happen. Good to see Buffalo in the AFC championship game but yeah KC is going to roll to the SB, unfortunately.

Would that have been a catastrophic mistake tho? I mean the following punt was lile 20 yards due to winds... it wasnt much of a change in the game. The Ravens would have saved like 25 yards but thats about it.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Jackson is the new era Vick. Fun, exciting, will make a great show during the regular season and highlight reels, but won't take you anywhere in the playoffs.

He'll be able to remain more relevant than your boy Tannehill, that's for sure. You know, that guy he out-passed last week?

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

I don't get why the Ravens don't motion Brown around so that Lamar can see if it's zone and then run fake jet sweeps (and real ones) off that. Lamar clearly didn't see the zone defender on the endzone pick, and Boykin was open on the right third of the endzone (but if I am not misremembering that's the side the wind was pushing balls further maybe?). If the defender gets lost a bit on the motion Brown going into a screen or a deep shot should be the first read, like in the Packers game TD to Adams where Jalen Ramsey got lost a bit covering ground.

2 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

He'll be able to remain more relevant than your boy Tannehill, that's for sure. You know, that guy he out-passed last week?

Oh no doubt, Jackson is only 24 while Tannehill is 32. I would certainly hope that Jackson remains more relevant, as he's got 8 more years before he's Tannehill's current age, and I'm not holding my breath that Tannehill will even be playing 8 years from now.

But I'm not sure what argument you are trying to make. I never argued he wasn't going to be relevant lol.

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Take this statement as a general comment or "No kidding sherlock" because it really applies to a lo of QBs.

If you have to have a top WR, top defense and a running game to make it to the Super Bowl, that is likely not going to happen. To get that combination is rare for even the best teams.
If you lucky you get two of those. 

You need team balance if you have a QB that can't uplift a squad.

Your QB has to be able to function successfully without those things and get you the win consistently in the playoffs. 

Specifically about Lamar: Last year he had the Top offense, top defense. Top running game: Came up short.
This year he had the top running game and top defense: Came up short.

Why are we penalizing Lamar for his accomplishments?

Aint nobody out here saying “Derrick Henry had the best running game at his disposal yet he came up short”

Baltimore has a top offense and a top running game BECAUSE of Lamar

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Why are we penalizing Lamar for his accomplishments?

Aint nobody out here saying “Derrick Henry had the best running game at his disposal yet he came up short”

Baltimore has a top offense and a top running game BECAUSE of Lamar

Conversation is about Lamar so I was addressing Lamar.

QB gets the glory. QB gets the blame. 

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Oh no doubt, Jackson is only 24 while Tannehill is 32. I would certainly hope that Jackson remains more relevant, as he's got 8 more years before he's Tannehill's current age, and I'm not holding my breath that Tannehill will even be playing 8 years from now.

But I'm not sure what argument you are trying to make. I never argued he wasn't going to be relevant lol.

Yeah....ok. 
Post asked legit questions about him. Wasn't like it just said "he sucks." lol
Questioning his ability to make throws. 

I get it. Just lost. Defensive. Lamar is perfect?   

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah....ok. 
Post asked legit questions about him. Wasn't like it just said "he sucks." lol
Questioning his ability to make throws. 

I get it. Just lost. Defensive. Lamar is perfect?   

No one is allowed to bad mouth jackson, he is the almighty jesus christ himself

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Still waiting for someone to tell me if Eric DeCosta is good or not 

I mean personally I think he's a little overrated. In a practical sense, he was basically gifted an MVP QB and has done very little to support that QB. His big bet this past offseason was that he could keep giving Lamar scraps while focusing on the defense, and I think that has been proven by now to be the wrong move.

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

23 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Jackson is the new era Vick. Fun, exciting, will make a great show during the regular season and highlight reels, but won't take you anywhere in the playoffs.

Vick won by 20 in Lambeau against a 12-4 Packers team with Favre.

He won by 30 over the Rams.

He did lose twice to HoF coach Andy Reid and his Eagles dynasty-lite that went to 4 NFCCGs in 4 years.

His other loss was to Rodgers when Rodgers won the Super Bowl.

I'm not sure I buy the Vick could not take you anywhere unless the Super Bowl is the only judge of QB worth in a 32 team league. Jackson took the Ravens to a place where only 8 teams could go 2 years in a row. Its not the goal, but its not nothing.

• Like 2