mdonnelly21

Baltimore V Bills   

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 minute ago, paraven said:

No one is allowed to bad mouth jackson, he is the almighty jesus christ himself

I guess so. 
Dude threw Tannehill at me like that was supposed to hurt my feelings. LOL
And can throw last weeks win at me...throw year's pas wins at me...don't matter.

Ravens, Titans Colts, Steelers...and every other team not named the Bucs, Saints, Packers, Browns, and Chiefs are sitting at home right now. 
No trophies for making it to the divisional round. 

When your offense scores 3 points in a divisional round playoff game. Questions about the QB are fair game. 

162 yards passing 1 INT (Pick-6) gets you questioned.

If we talking bout Tanny. He was QB of a winning team last year and got questioned.  So yeah Lamar gets questioned for playing poorly and losing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

If you think Lamar doesn't have enough help now, wait until he gets $40 million a year.

Back to back years having the best point differential in the NFL and can't get out of the divisional round, and now Jackson's contract incoming - monumental failure.

And let's just think for a second. Not even talking about Lamar.

Does a top WR want to go to an offense that throws the ball less than any team in the league? 
Are they not throwing it because of the lack of weapons? 
Or
Is it because they feel like their QB isn't built to throw it like that?

7 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Still waiting for someone to tell me if Eric DeCosta is good or not 

The Ravens drafted the 2018 NFL MVP at the end of round 1.

They turned a back up kicker into Calais Campbell.

They got Marcus Peters for somebody named Kenny Young.

They got Yannick for a 3rd and a 5th.

They are 31-8 since their young QB took over.

Do we really need to answer this for you?

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Ravens drafted the 2018 NFL MVP at the end of round 1.

They turned a back up kicker into Calais Campbell.

They got Marcus Peters for somebody named Kenny Young.

They got Yannick for a 3rd and a 5th.

They are 31-8 since their young QB took over.

Do we really need to answer this for you?

Decosta didn’t draft Lamar. Yannick was essentially given away by Minnesota after it didn’t work out there for him. Peters was a good move as was Campbell. They’ve also failed to build any sort of offense around the QB he didn’t draft. His early draft returns have not been very good. There’s a conversation to be had here.

Edited by Rodjahs12

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And let's just think for a second. Not even talking about Lamar.

Does a top WR want to go to an offense that throws the ball less than any team in the league? 
Are they not throwing it because of the lack of weapons? 
Or
Is it because they feel like their QB isn't built to throw it like that?

It will be telling if Greg Roman is let go. In my opinion hes tied to jacksons success for better or worse. If they do let him go, then they feel jackson can develop as a passer (again im skeptical as its going on year 4) If they keep him, then it shows they are committed to this type of offense and never really intend on developing jackson as a passer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Meh, Didn't think either QB played well, tbh. I thought both made one catastrophic mistake - Lamar's INT obviously, and Allen's sack fumble. Buffs defense was able to take advantage of the mistake, Baltimore's wasn't. 

I was watching hoping to be impressed enough by either team to get my hopes up of them challenging KC and that didn't happen. Good to see Buffalo in the AFC championship game but yeah KC is going to roll to the SB, unfortunately.

I think the Bills match up better against the Chiefs than the Ravens do. Barring another weird weather condition, it should be a better game.

47 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Decosta didn’t draft Lamar. Yannick was essentially given away by Minnesota after it didn’t work out there for him. Peters was a good move as was Campbell. They’ve also failed to build any sort of offense around the QB he didn’t draft. His early draft returns have not been very good. There’s a conversation to be had here.

DeCosta did not come from another team. He was part of the team that drafted Lamar even if he was assistant to the guy walking out the door. They had the 1/2 offense last year. It was 7/19 this year. The Packers were 15/18 and 1/5 the last 2 years. Did they fail to build any sort of offense last year?

As for the draft, I would not call Brown or Dobbins bad picks. Its fair to say Queen did not have a great rookie year. I don't see any late round studs yet, but I'm not an expert on the Ravens DL.

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

DeCosta did not come from another team. He was part of the team that drafted Lamar even if he was assistant to the guy walking out the door. They had the 1/2 offense last year. It was 7/19 this year. The Packers were 15/18 and 1/5 the last 2 years. Did they fail to build any sort of offense last year?

As for the draft, I would not call Brown or Dobbins bad picks. Its fair to say Queen did not have a great rookie year. I don't see any late round studs yet, but I'm not an expert on the Ravens DL.

This is kind of the point I’m trying to make overall. He inherited a very good team when he took over. I don’t see how he’s really improved it and if he continues to lag behind in draft returns and can’t get the same kind of value in trades, this team is going to be in a very bad spot in a hurry. Something to keep an eye on anyway even if it turns out to be nothing. 

1 hour ago, paraven said:

It will be telling if Greg Roman is let go. In my opinion hes tied to jacksons success for better or worse. If they do let him go, then they feel jackson can develop as a passer (again im skeptical as its going on year 4) If they keep him, then it shows they are committed to this type of offense and never really intend on developing jackson as a passer

Lamar showed progress last year in Roman's system when he caught defenses off guard by running a heavy based offense with 3TEs and it worked out. This year not so much.  

So was last year a case of Lamar benefitting from Romans system and Lamar showing his true colors this year? Or did Roman just forget how to further develop Lamar? 

Great game. Even with the low scoring, I was entertained. Nice to see Buffalo in the AFC title game again. Ravens had a good season even if they're going home early. I would like to see Lamar progress more as a passer though. I don't think that style of offense is sustainable. He's only 24, but he won't be able to rely on his legs forever. Roman needs to change things up. They do need to get a good receiver for Lamar to lean on.