Baltimore V Bills Who Wins?

mdonnelly21

Baltimore V Bills   

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I have no idea how far Lamar can progress - but BAL is going nowhere if they stick it out with Greg Roman as OC.

I get it, he's exploited some D setups with BAL's run-based O to leverage Lamar - and it works well overall for the regular season.  But time and again, when facing playoff-caliber teams - Roman fails to adapt.   Against LAC 2 years ago - literally zero change from the same game plan used less than 1 month prior - and the Chargers pulled off the mega-upset.   Against TEN last year, Roman rolled out the same plan as the regular season formula - and had no answer for TEN's adjustments.   

Fast forward to this season - against KC, perhaps the worst game-calling of the season for the Ravens O.   And this 1H, after gashing the Bills run D - they became uber-predictable.   3rd and short?   2 plays - RB dive, or QB sweep.    BUF took 1-2 drives, but then they could guess the play call, and it made a massive difference.  That's on Roman.

I'm not excusing Lamar's deficiencies - but to me, the biggest weakness BAL faces is a complete lack of in-game, and frankly, pre-game adjustment.   Upgrading WR will certainly help - but IMO, the scheme is too easy to predict plays, with Roman's tendencies very easy to read.   Until they decide to move on, I think we'll see a lot of regular season success overall - but a lot of "what-if" games vs. the top teams, and a lot of playoff frustration.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The Ravens drafted the 2018 NFL MVP at the end of round 1.

They turned a back up kicker into Calais Campbell.

They got Marcus Peters for somebody named Kenny Young.

They got Yannick for a 3rd and a 5th.

They are 31-8 since their young QB took over.

Do we really need to answer this for you?

Honest question. That's not a good value in retrospect, is it? Admittedly I'm box score scouting here, but it doesn't seem as though he was all that productive, and it doesn't seem likely that they'll be able to retain him, so he winds up just being a fairly pricey rental in a season that didn't go far enough to justify that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

I think the Bills match up better against the Chiefs than the Ravens do. Barring another weird weather condition, it should be a better game.

Personnel-wise, Baltimore matches up against us as well as any team in the league.

Schematically, they have no chance. Their OC and DC have done the same things against us for 3 years, and they've failed in the same ways each time. If they played conservatively on both sides of the ball they'd be fine. But each time, they insist on blitzing on D, and eventually they panic on O and stop running long enough for our D to get enough stops.

The Bills had a horrible time with us the first go round. The only team I can remember this year that got completely pushed around by our OL. And the way to stop our O is by beating our OL.

Lamar is a bum.   So is Justin Tucker.  Ravens should trade both of them to the Steelers for Mason Rudolph and a conditional late round draft pick.    Its time to move on.   

Seriously though....You clowns trashing Lamar do realize he just turned 24, right?

Im not saying he is going to get much better or become a clutch performer, but he still has room to grow.     Lamar is a bonafide franchise QB, playoffs or not.   

Do you not remember the Ravens QBs history BEFORE Lamar?   And some of you are saying they should move on or put the job up for grabs?

Im not even Lamar's biggest fan....he certainly needs to up parts of his game....but the dude is still super young.    If he were late 20s or early 30s, I could at least see the argument.    

Fans are laughable with these kneejerk reactions. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Honest question. That's not a good value in retrospect, is it? Admittedly I'm box score scouting here, but it doesn't seem as though he was all that productive, and it doesn't seem likely that they'll be able to retain him, so he winds up just being a fairly pricey rental in a season that didn't go far enough to justify that.

They will get a 3rd round comp for him, likely. So not horrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Personnel-wise, Baltimore matches up against us as well as any team in the league.

Schematically, they have no chance. Their OC and DC have done the same things against us for 3 years, and they've failed in the same ways each time. If they played conservatively on both sides of the ball they'd be fine. But each time, they insist on blitzing on D, and eventually they panic on O and stop running long enough for our D to get enough stops.

The Bills had a horrible time with us the first go round. The only team I can remember this year that got completely pushed around by our OL. And the way to stop our O is by beating our OL.

Is your OL any healthier?

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Lamar is a bum.   So is Justin Tucker.  Ravens should trade both of them to the Steelers for Mason Rudolph and a conditional late round draft pick.    Its time to move on.   

Seriously though....You clowns trashing Lamar do realize he just turned 24, right?

Im not saying he is going to get much better or become a clutch performer, but he still has room to grow.     Lamar is a bonafide franchise QB, playoffs or not.   

Do you not remember the Ravens QBs history BEFORE Lamar?   And some of you are saying they should move on or put the job up for grabs?

Im not even Lamar's biggest fan....he certainly needs to up parts of his game....but the dude is still super young.    If he were late 20s or early 30s, I could at least see the argument.    

Fans are laughable with these kneejerk reactions. 

He's just not a good thrower of the football. Experience won't solve that.