Baltimore V Bills Who Wins?

mdonnelly21

Baltimore V Bills   

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

6 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Personnel-wise, Baltimore matches up against us as well as any team in the league.

Schematically, they have no chance. Their OC and DC have done the same things against us for 3 years, and they've failed in the same ways each time. If they played conservatively on both sides of the ball they'd be fine. But each time, they insist on blitzing on D, and eventually they panic on O and stop running long enough for our D to get enough stops.

The Bills had a horrible time with us the first go round. The only team I can remember this year that got completely pushed around by our OL. And the way to stop our O is by beating our OL.

I should probably clarify my post. The reasons you posted about the Ravens are why I’m glad that it’s the Bills facing you. At least there’s some air of mystery even if the last game went bad for the Bills. I think both teams are different since that point. But we’ll see if McDermott and company learned anything since then. I agree about being conservative on defense at least against the Chiefs. I feel that was one of the few things that Gus Bradley did well when he was the Chargers DC. He limited the Chief’s explosive plays and kept the game close. If the Bills can do that on defense, they got a fighting chance especially if the offense is not limited by the weather.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I don't think you beat KC being one dimensional like Buffalo is.

What is KC’s defensive DVOA versus Baltimore’s? And what will the weather forecasted be?

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is your OL any healthier?

A little bit. Obviously LDT opted out, so still down him. At this point I'm not convinced Schwartz isn't just going to retire. Osemele won't be back. But some of the initial replacements that were hurt are back. Remmers, Fisher, and Rankin are all off the injury report. So its at least better than when we had Yasin Durant in there. We'll at least have the kind of garbage OL we did around mid-season, instead of the really garbage one we had near the end of the year, when Remmers and Fisher were also having back problems.

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Personnel-wise, Baltimore matches up against us as well as any team in the league.

Schematically, they have no chance. Their OC and DC have done the same things against us for 3 years, and they've failed in the same ways each time. If they played conservatively on both sides of the ball they'd be fine. But each time, they insist on blitzing on D, and eventually they panic on O and stop running long enough for our D to get enough stops.

The Bills had a horrible time with us the first go round. The only team I can remember this year that got completely pushed around by our OL. And the way to stop our O is by beating our OL.

Their Defense is healthier this time around, I think they were using PS players at DT last time 

9 hours ago, 43M said:

Do you not remember the Ravens QBs history BEFORE Lamar?   And some of you are saying they should move on or put the job up for grabs?

Flacco went 10-5 in the playoffs.

You could really lean into it and make up some agenda based story that he was carried early  (he was) but Lamar has been great when he beat the Titans (yeah, right) and competent in the other 3 games (not even close)

Either way from 2010 to 2014 Flacco did this in the playoffs:

• 7 wins 3 losses
  • 1 Lombardi with an 11 TD 0 pick playoffs (that's called the Joe Montana run)
  • 24 TDs 4 picks in those 10 games
  • 6 games of 100+ rating and 3 of 90+ rating in 10 playoff games.
    • Let me know when Lamar hits 80.

Overall he was 2-2 against the Brady Belichick Patriots. How did everyone else do?

How about level of competition?

EVERY TEAM THAT BEAT FLACCO IN THE PLAYOFFS WENT TO THE SUPERBOWL

• 2005 Steelers
  • 2008 Steelers
  • 2009 Colts
  • 2011 Patriots
  • 2014 Patriots

Jackson lost to 2 teams that lost the next week.

If your point is that Jackson was an improvement on a 33 year old Flacco who has been sacked 350+ times and suffered a bunch of injuries then wow, that really puts Lamar up there in elite company. 🤣

Every other QB that the Ravens could even consider must be the equivalent of a washed up Joe Flacco is some truly staggering flawed logic. 

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Bills mafia being.....classy? Sorry my brain is still trying to work this one through.

I'm pretty sure they did the same exact thing a few years ago for Andy Dalton's charity when the Bengals won on the final week and put the bills in the playoffs

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Greg Roman has never been good at scheming pass concepts, but the way he schemes the run is probably the best in the NFL. We need a new passing game coordinator because Steve Smith is absolutely right, our passing game is so elementary it's a joke.

No. We need a new offensive coordinator. If Roman wants to continue, HE needs to be downgraded to run game coordinator or fired.

You’ve got to think about this as a business. If I’m a talented/creative mind on a staff, why would I come to an offense where Roman has final say on implementation on concepts? My ideas and the player performance are what will make me a HC, a dude with more clout potentially holding me back isn’t an enticing proposition.

... and honestly, unless Roman is willing to really look to intern under said young creative mind in the implementation of the plays overall, the formations used and their could be some ego friction... then he needs to go entirely.

You don’t attract the best talent by giving them the least opportunity. An offensive coordinator role for an up and coming member of another staff would be our ONLY chance of acquiring such talent.