2020 Divisional - 6) LA Rams @ 1) GB Packers

notthatbluestuff

2020 Divisional - LA Rams @ GB Packers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Los Angeles Rams
    • Green Bay Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2021 at 09:35 PM

6 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

My Rams colleagues are a hell of a lot more confident than I am.

Predictions: Wolford starts, first to 21 wins.

I'm not remotely confident. I have no idea what our QB position will look like. But I trust our defense not to get shredded. That will give us a chance.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not remotely confident. I have no idea what our QB position will look like. But I trust our defense not to get shredded. That will give us a chance.

Wolford was DNP today, but granted it's a walk through. AD and Kupp DNP also. Goff was full.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Is there any history/stat buffs that know what the outcomes have been in the past when the number 1 offenses have meet the number 1 defenses?

Four times the #1 scoring defense went up against the #1 scoring offense. Three of those four times the #1 scoring defense won. 

19 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I like those odds

Same here. Its funny to because Im such an offensive guy but right now Im glad that we have that defense. Feels like as long as I can remember the Rams have been that offense going up against that defense and everyone picks us because we can light up the score and then we get shutdown. Its time to turn the tables lol. 

Edited by stl4life07

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Crazy nugget I just heard. In their career together meaning ARod and Adams seven times they have faced first team all pro cornerbacks for that particular season (Sherman, Norman, Peterson twice, Fuller twice, and Gilmore) the Packers are (1-6) in those games. 

Now that might not mean anything in this game even though Ramsey is a first team all pro cornerback this season but I like trends and 7 games is a good sample size. I’d just keep that in the back of my mind. Also Ramsey only went up against Adams once it was the first game of his career in 2016. Held Adams to 1 catch for 5yds. Impressive.

It means a LOT.  Rodgers loves throwing the ball to Adams - even to the point of staring him down on his routes or forcing it to him into coverage from time to time.  Now, it has probably gotten better, but he never used to trust any of the other receivers too much, and if he couldn't get the ball to Adams, he would become a completely different player.  For this reason, I could never understand why more defensive coordinators didn't just put double coverage on Adams in a lot of situations.  The Rodgers-to-Adams connection is very good, but if that is taken away, their passing game isn't too scary at all.   I expect Jaylen Ramsey to be able to do that.  After that, you just need to stop their running game, and they do have a decent running back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It means a LOT.  Rodgers loves throwing the ball to Adams - even to the point of staring him down on his routes or forcing it to him into coverage from time to time.  Now, it has probably gotten better, but he never used to trust any of the other receivers too much, and if he couldn't get the ball to Adams, he would become a completely different player.  For this reason, I could never understand why more defensive coordinators didn't just put double coverage on Adams in a lot of situations.  The Rodgers-to-Adams connection is very good, but if that is taken away, their passing game isn't too scary at all.   I expect Jaylen Ramsey to be able to do that.  After that, you just need to stop their running game, and they do have a decent running back.

You are right. I think the stat is ARod has thrown the ball to Adams 86 more times than the next target and Adams missed 2 games. So ARod won’t be shy throwing to Adams a lot. I think it’s going to come down to just how well McVay knows LaFleur scheme to be able to counter guys being schemed wide open to make ARod either hold the ball longer or have to make those tight window throws constantly. That’s another story within itself. 

• Like 1