2020 Divisional - 6) LA Rams @ 1) GB Packers

notthatbluestuff

2020 Divisional - LA Rams @ GB Packers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Los Angeles Rams
    • Green Bay Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2021 at 09:35 PM

Packers Home Field Advantage a bit mitigated if it only gets down to the Mid-20's and no snow. Given there could be turnovers given the harder ball (watch out for Packers terrible Special Teams), I think Vegas line of +7 for Packers is a tad high. I'd say more like +4. The running offense/defense will be key for both teams--the game will be won not in the air but on the ground, in the trenches. I'd be shocked if either team scores 30+. I think A.J. Dillon might be a sleeper here in 2nd half if the Packers somehow get up by 10 by mid-3rd quarter. Then again, stopping Cam Akers gonna be tough.  I dare not predict a final score and jinx things. Just think it will be a close game, and enjoyable to see a cold weather game at Lambeau. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Packers Home Field Advantage a bit mitigated if it only gets down to the Mid-20's and no snow. Given there could be turnovers given the harder ball (watch out for Packers terrible Special Teams), I think Vegas line of +7 for Packers is a tad high. I'd say more like +4. The running offense/defense will be key for both teams--the game will be won not in the air but on the ground, in the trenches. I'd be shocked if either team scores 30+. I think A.J. Dillon might be a sleeper here in 2nd half if the Packers somehow get up by 10 by mid-3rd quarter. Then again, stopping Cam Akers gonna be tough.  I dare not predict a final score and jinx things. Just think it will be a close game, and enjoyable to see a cold weather game at Lambeau. 

i think packers score 30+ and they easily cover here.

Rams are the worst team in the playoffs right now

1 hour ago, DWhitehurst said:

Packers Home Field Advantage a bit mitigated if it only gets down to the Mid-20's and no snow. 

Still really cold.

I can't find overall stats, but I'm sure I heard he's winless in games below 30. I only found this;

In 25-degree weather at Denver, Goff completed 14 of 28 passes for 201 yards with an interception. The Rams got 208 yards rushing from former Rams running back Todd Gurley in a 23-20 victory. Later in the season at Chicago’s Soldier Field, with the temperature 29 degrees at kickoff, Goff completed 20 of 44 passes with four interceptions in a 15-6 defeat.

10 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Sometimes you'll hear some fans say:

"Take away Davante Adams and they have nothing else in the passing game !"

Its been a popular meme since the draft ( GASP !) and its oft repeated.
My suggestion is: "Don't listen to those fans"

Packers have flitted around as either number 1, 2, or 3 offense all year- and if all a DC had to do was double Davante, then why did the Packers continue to win 13 games and earn the number 1 seed in the NFC ? So easy a cave man could shut them down...

" Fine, those are general production stats - how about something a little more specific, smarty pants ? "

Glad you asked. The Mighty Green Bay Packers went on a road trip to see the Saints-  in their Dome of Doom. Unfortunately, Mr. Adams was unable to participate vs this Top 5 defense, boasting Lattimore, Janoris Jenkins and Malcolm Jenkins in their talented secondary.

So...how did that work out ? Well...the poor talent-deprived Packers managed to beat the Saints in the Dome of Doom while Rodgers threw 21/32 for 283, 3 TDs, 0 INTs and a 124.9 rating despite missing his one and only  WR - Davante Adams

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202009270nor.htm

So the next time somebody tries to sell you that story, ignore them

none of those teams had Jalen Ramsey. For those think his talents are relegated to locking down only NFCWest #1 receivers (Hopkins & Metcalf), he's also locked up Stefon Diggs, Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper, and Mike Evans.

Davante Adams vs Ramsey: 4 receptions 75 yards. no TD.

8 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

none of those teams had Jalen Ramsey. For those think his talents are relegated to locking down only NFCWest #1 receivers (Hopkins & Metcalf), he's also locked up Stefon Diggs, Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper, and Mike Evans.

Davante Adams vs Ramsey: 4 receptions 75 yards. no TD.

Also how did Ramsey do against Julio last season? Ramsey didn’t even have a full week with the Rams because he just got there and played on Sunday shadowing Julio. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pugger said:

Even tho our defense isn't the best around I think that group can perform well against the Rams' offense.  Their defense is another matter entirely and the right side of the OL has a daunting challenge ahead of them with our starting RT having to move over to the left.

Our offense has looked both unstoppable and horrific against similar defenses so who knows

• Like 1