2020 Divisional - 6) LA Rams @ 1) GB Packers

notthatbluestuff

2020 Divisional - LA Rams @ GB Packers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Los Angeles Rams
    • Green Bay Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2021 at 09:35 PM

7 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

Packers Home Field Advantage a bit mitigated if it only gets down to the Mid-20's and no snow. Given there could be turnovers given the harder ball (watch out for Packers terrible Special Teams), I think Vegas line of +7 for Packers is a tad high. I'd say more like +4. The running offense/defense will be key for both teams--the game will be won not in the air but on the ground, in the trenches. I'd be shocked if either team scores 30+. I think A.J. Dillon might be a sleeper here in 2nd half if the Packers somehow get up by 10 by mid-3rd quarter. Then again, stopping Cam Akers gonna be tough.  I dare not predict a final score and jinx things. Just think it will be a close game, and enjoyable to see a cold weather game at Lambeau. 

You have a great point. People only point to the Bears game when they talk about the Rams. How about the Broncos game? It was snowing and the high altitude. The difference in both games was the Broncos game the Rams ran the ball 35+ times. Gurley had 28 carries 208yds rushing and 2 tds. The Bears game the Rams ran 13 times. Gurley only had 11 carries. In both games no team scored more than 23pts. The Rams beat the Broncos running and playing defense and lost to the Bears because they didn’t run. Defense played well. 

So I don’t think the Packers or Rams will score 30+ pts. The weather, the defense, and for the Packers I think like most teams coming off a BYE could start off slowly. Think last year the Chiefs was down 24-0 early because they looked off making bad mistakes. The Steelers sorta had a BYE because they rested their starters Week 17. They started their game with a snap over the head of Big Ben. Then went the entire first quarter down 28-0. The Ravens last season coming off the BYE looked bad against the Titans. So for me this game will be a close low scoring game for most of the game if not all of the game. It will come down to Rams running the ball and being physical on both sides of the ball. That’s the one thing the Packers have shown they couldn’t handle last season and couldn’t handle this season when they go up against teams that get physical on offense and defense.

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Still really cold.

I can't find overall stats, but I'm sure I heard he's winless in games below 30. I only found this;

In 25-degree weather at Denver, Goff completed 14 of 28 passes for 201 yards with an interception. The Rams got 208 yards rushing from former Rams running back Todd Gurley in a 23-20 victory. Later in the season at Chicago’s Soldier Field, with the temperature 29 degrees at kickoff, Goff completed 20 of 44 passes with four interceptions in a 15-6 defeat.

The sample size is too small to know if Goff completely sucks in cold weather. Especially because his really awful game was against the best defense he's faced in his career. Impossible to know how much that was weather and how much it was Fangio's defense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Sounds like we should just save time and not waste fuel flying to Wisconsin. 

HaHa !
You don't wanna miss that trip to Titletown and not sure that will do the trick anyways
The Rams didn't use any Jet fuel vs the Jets and still lost at home to the worst team ever.

Where were Jalen Ramsey and Aaron Donald on that fine day ?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202012200ram.htm

Good luck and enjoy the game

30 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

HaHa !
You don't wanna miss that trip to Titletown and not sure that will do the trick anyways
The Rams didn't use any Jet fuel vs the Jets and still lost at home to the worst team ever.

Where were Jalen Ramsey and Aaron Donald on that fine day ?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202012200ram.htm

Good luck and enjoy the game

Okay, but we also beat the Bucs. What happened when Green Bay played TB? I seem to have forgotten. 😂

• Like 2

I think this game doesn't come down to GB's offense vs the Rams defense, I think it comes down to the Rams offense against the Packers defense.

Can the Packers slow down Cam Akers? If he is slowed down, will the Rams get enough production out of whoever starts at QB to score points.

If Cam gets going and starts shredding the Packers defense, the game is over IMO. If the Packers defense slows down Cam and forces the Rams QB to throw, it could be a long day for whoever is at QB. Either way I think it'll be a nail biter. 

Crosby nails a game winner as time expires:

Packers 21 

Rams 20

3 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I think this game doesn't come down to GB's offense vs the Rams defense, I think it comes down to the Rams offense against the Packers defense.

Can the Packers slow down Cam Akers? If he is slowed down, will the Rams get enough production out of whoever starts at QB to score points.

If Cam gets going and starts shredding the Packers defense, the game is over IMO. If the Packers defense slows down Cam and forces the Rams QB to throw, it could be a long day for whoever is at QB. Either way I think it'll be a nail biter. 

Crosby nails a game winner as time expires:

Packers 21 

Rams 20

Hopefully the Pack can slow down Akers like they did Henry 3 weeks ago.

Ramsey gets all the press.....but Alexander holds his own.......

Jaire Alexander

Targeted: 69
REC: 35
REC %: 50.7%
YDS: 337
Y/Rec: 9.6
YAC: 101
TD: 2
INT: 1
PBU: 13
Penalties: 1

Jalen Ramsey

Targeted: 64
REC: 32
REC %: 50%
YDS: 309
Y/REC: 9.7
YAC: 127
TD: 3
PBU: 8
Penalties: 6

28 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

This game is extremely hard for me to gauge. Seems pretty well even for the most part. AD not being at 100% is a big deal.

I see it as much more in GB's favor, and yes I have a pair of green and gold lenses.  That's not to say LAR can't win, even the Jets won a couple this year, but you can't ignore how each team played in December and the injuries.  Both sides have injuries but I think GB can weather that storm better and starting QB might not be out but definitely not healthy for the Rams.

It won't be a cakewalk but GB outclasses LA this Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ramsey gets all the press.....but Alexander holds his own.......

Jaire Alexander

Targeted: 69
REC: 35
REC %: 50.7%
YDS: 337
Y/Rec: 9.6
YAC: 101
TD: 2
PBU: 13
Penalties: 1

Jalen Ramsey

Targeted: 64
REC: 32
REC %: 50%
YDS: 309
Y/REC: 9.7
YAC: 127
TD: 3
PBU: 8
Penalties: 6

At one point Darious Williams was even better than Ramsey with these numbers, but not sure if it lasted.