2020 Divisional - 6) LA Rams @ 1) GB Packers

notthatbluestuff

2020 Divisional - LA Rams @ GB Packers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Los Angeles Rams
    • Green Bay Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2021 at 09:35 PM

56 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Regarding the defenses, I had an interesting debate the other day with some friends. Who has the better secondary?

Rams
CB1: Jalen Ramsey
CB2: Troy Hill
CB3: Darious Williams
FS: John Johnson
SS: Jordan Fuller

Packers
CB1: Jaire Alexander
CB2: Kevin King
CB3: Chandon Sullivan
FS: Darnell Savage
SS: Adrian Amos

hard to do this.  The rams secondary benefits from the 2nd best pass rush in the league.  

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

It's actually closer than many probably think, but LAR probably have an edge due to CB2/CB3. 

CB1 is a push

GB's safeties are better (especially since Savage has climbed from like a 50 rating at beginning of year, he's playing like a 90 the 2nd half of year).

If this is PFF's grading system, I'll just say their grading sucks. (I'm assuming it is, and I have held this opinion for a long time.) I won't get into the issues with the CB rankings. They vastly underrate Jordan Fuller (and it sounds like they're underrating Savage in your mind too).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If this is PFF's grading system, I'll just say their grading sucks. (I'm assuming it is, and I have held this opinion for a long time.) I won't get into the issues with the CB rankings. They vastly underrate Jordan Fuller (and it sounds like they're underrating Savage in your mind too).

they aren't gospel, but it's a starting point and the GB scores reflect very well (except for underrating King, probably). 

Savage wasn't very good to start, but has been ELITE to finish, so his grade for the season seems about right. Posting a bunch of 85+ scores to end the year to climb from mid 50s to mid 70s.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

they aren't gospel, but it's a starting point and the GB scores reflect very well (except for underrating King, probably). 

Savage wasn't very good to start, but has been ELITE to finish, so his grade for the season seems about right. Posting a bunch of 85+ scores to end the year to climb from mid 50s to mid 70s.

I can say that the Rams' scores do not. Ramsey is far and away our best CB. Darious Williams is a ballhawk, but he isn't anywhere near the cover CB Ramsey is. Same with Troy Hill. That's why Ramsey often gets locked in man on the #1 WR, while Hill and Williams are often in zone. And Fuller is far, far better than his score. Very disciplined player who is consistently where he's supposed to be. 

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I can say that the Rams' scores do not. Ramsey is far and away our best CB. Darious Williams is a ballhawk, but he isn't anywhere near the cover CB Ramsey is. Same with Troy Hill. That's why Ramsey often gets locked in man on the #1 WR, while Hill and Williams are often in zone. And Fuller is far, far better than his score. Very disciplined player who is consistently where he's supposed to be.

I mean, this is how the scoring works though. It's additive so a ballhawk getting a pick is gonna be more valuable in this system than a guy who doesn't get thrown at (I suspect). Both have value, however, and there's no adjustment for quality of WR lined up across from. 

It seems like a good reflection to me. Being a 90 against #1 WRs is much better than being an 85 against 2/3 WRs - but it's an accurate (enough) measure of how they perform in that role.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I mean, this is how the scoring works though. It's additive so a ballhawk getting a pick is gonna be more valuable in this system than a guy who doesn't get thrown at (I suspect). Both have value, however, and there's no adjustment for quality of WR lined up across from. 

It seems like a good reflection to me. Being a 90 against #1 WRs is much better than being an 85 against 2/3 WRs - but it's an accurate (enough) measure of how they perform in that role.

But the grades are intended to rank the players with their position groups, so that's a failure of the system.