2020 Divisional - 6) LA Rams @ 1) GB Packers

notthatbluestuff

2020 Divisional - LA Rams @ GB Packers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Los Angeles Rams
    • Green Bay Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2021 at 09:35 PM

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Rams fans, are confident are you in establishing the run?

Packers fans, how confident are you in stopping the run?

Far more confident with big Whit back. The dude brings our line back to an elite level no question. I could even tell the difference in his first game back last week. He even elevates the other linemen around him.

19 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Rams fans, are confident are you in establishing the run?

Packers fans, how confident are you in stopping the run?

with the limited QB play the Rams have, I've very confident in Pettine's ability to call a game focused on stopping their rushing attack (like we did vs Tennessee a couple weeks ago).

Last 5 games vs rush we've given up under 4 ypc

31/108 - 3.5 ypc vs CHI

23/98- 4.3 ypc vs Henry (Tannehill had a long scramble)

27/115 - 4.3 ypc vs CAR

15/51 - 3.4 ypc vs DET

17/70 - 4.1 ypc vs PHI (RBs)

Additionally, our defense has done this vs the pass:

Packers defense allowed a passer rating of 75.3, had 20 sacks and intercepted 6 passes over the final 6 games of 2020.

Our defense is coming together at the right time.

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Here's AD's presser from yesterday. You can judge this from his own words and reactions.

thx for posting. He says no pain, no problem. But then when they ask him if he's had other injuries in his career, he slips up and says " no, nothing serious like this one"

He refused to answer the question about a flack jacket ( he will likely be wearing one). He said exactly what they told him to say multiple times in hopes of putting it to rest, but he was rather unconvincing if you watch him critically.

He will play, but his and McVay's attempts at downplaying this injury = no sale.
Per the MDs there's little chance to make the injury worse, so he'll get pre-game pain meds, wear rib protection and give it his best... Good luck to him.

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

thx for posting. He says no pain, no problem. But then when they ask him if he's had other injuries in his career, he slips up and says " no, nothing serious like this one"

He refused to answer the question about a flack jacket ( he will likely be wearing one). He said exactly what they told him to say multiple times in hopes of putting it to rest, but he was rather unconvincing if you watch him critically.

He will play, but his and McVay's attempts at downplaying this injury = no sale.
Per the MDs there's little chance to make the injury worse, so he'll get pre-game pain meds, wear rib protection and give it his best... Good luck to him.

He is like Darth Vader. The pain will make him mad and fuel. AD rarely gets mad...but when he does....

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

with the limited QB play the Rams have, I've very confident in Pettine's ability to call a game focused on stopping their rushing attack (like we did vs Tennessee a couple weeks ago).

Last 5 games vs rush we've given up under 4 ypc

31/108 - 3.5 ypc vs CHI

23/98- 4.3 ypc vs Henry (Tannehill had a long scramble)

27/115 - 4.3 ypc vs CAR

15/51 - 3.4 ypc vs DET

17/70 - 4.1 ypc vs PHI (RBs)

Additionally, our defense has done this vs the pass:

Packers defense allowed a passer rating of 75.3, had 20 sacks and intercepted 6 passes over the final 6 games of 2020.

Our defense is coming together at the right time.

You wouldn't have happened to have picked the last 5 games because y'all gave up 8.5 yards per carry to the Bears HBs 6 games ago, right? As for your pass defense over those 6 games, you played:

Mitch Trubisky (x2)

Carson Wentz/Jalen Hurts

Matt Stafford

Teddy Bridgewater

Ryan Tannehill

Granted, Goff hasn't been good this year, but your defense "coming together" might have more to do with the weak schedule than anything else. The Titans game was impressive. Beyond that, the results aren't particularly impressive.

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

That's because AD has never missed a game due to injury in his career. The last time he had an injury that led to him missing snaps was when he tweaked his ankle in the preseason of his rookie year. It's not a slip up. I hope the Packers think like you do. 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

and his legs, and his other arm, and can't breathe.  Really Vader is a bit of a mess.

And will still force choke the hell out of you prior to him doing the sack dance over your lifeless corpse. Honestly I hope the Packers players are as dismissive about AD and the Rams defense as their fans are.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You wouldn't have happened to have picked the last 5 games because y'all gave up 8.5 yards per carry to the Bears HBs 6 games ago, right?

Correct. I didn't even look. Was planning to do just 4, but then decided last second to look at PHI too. Ignored first game against CHI since we had another one after it.

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

Honestly I hope the Packers players are as dismissive about AD and the Rams defense as their fans are.

I don't see one single person being dismissive of Donald's play in this thread. I'm being dismissive of the dog & pony show about his injury.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

your defense "coming together" might have more to do with the weak schedule than anything else

or...it might not!

GB defensive DVOA improved by 6% (from 6.5% to 0.5%) over those weeks. This means GBs defense has played at about a -10.5% DVOA for the final 6 weeks to drop our DVOA from 6.5% to 0.5% over that span (6.5% x 12 weeks) + (-10.5% x 6 weeks) = 0.5% over 16 weeks.

That -10.5% Defensive DVOA over the last 6 weeks ranks 6th in the league.

So GB has had a top 6 DVOA defense to finish out the season. It depended on their play, more than the schedule, clearly.

15 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

And will still force choke the hell out of you prior to him doing the sack dance over your lifeless corpse. Honestly I hope the Packers players are as dismissive about AD and the Rams defense as their fans are.

where on earth are you getting the idea that fans are dismissive about AD!?  Look through our forum and everyone is terrified about him, even injured.  

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'm not sure any Packers fans are dismissive of the impact that Aaron Donald can have on an OL.  But you also need to be realistic in your expectations with him as well, especially given the weather conditions and his health.  I still anticipate him being a monster defensively, but I don't think he's going to be vintage Aaron Donald either.