2020 Divisional - 6) LA Rams @ 1) GB Packers

2020 Divisional - LA Rams @ GB Packers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Los Angeles Rams
    • Green Bay Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2021 at 09:35 PM

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I expect the goal in this game is for the LAR QB to not have to win it, kind of like when the Broncos made the run with the ghost of Peyton Manning a few years back. Run the ball, play defense, and do your best not to have to rely on your QB's arm.

Yeah so in that case basically just need to hope you guys are able to run the ball well enough to where even when you do the PA game off of it, Goff isn't having to throw down the field very much and he can use those quick underneath routes for easy throws.

Aside from that, Jalen Ramsey is gonna have to put on an absolute show.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah so in that case basically just need to hope you guys are able to run the ball well enough to where even when you do the PA game off of it, Goff isn't having to throw down the field very much and he can use those quick underneath routes for easy throws.

Aside from that, Jalen Ramsey is gonna have to put on an absolute show.

The whole defense will have to ball out. Staley has his work cut out for him. The good news is that he and McVay are very familiar with GB's scheme. Although, you can say the same thing with GB and our scheme too. Having Whitworth back is huge, though. He transforms our running game.

Just now, jrry32 said:

The whole defense will have to ball out. Staley has his work cut out for him. The good news is that he and McVay are very familiar with GB's scheme. Although, you can say the same thing with GB and our scheme too. Having Whitworth back is huge, though. He transforms our running game.

Also helps that Cam Akers seems to be hitting his stride right at the best possible moment. The good news for you guys regarding the defense is that aside from Davante Adams, I don't really trust any other GB pass catcher to win their 1's against anyone. So as long as Jalen balls out against DA, I think you guys should be okay.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Also helps that Cam Akers seems to be hitting his stride right at the best possible moment. The good news for you guys regarding the defense is that aside from Davante Adams, I don't really trust any other GB pass catcher to win their 1's against anyone. So as long as Jalen balls out against DA, I think you guys should be okay.

MVS will absolutely win 1v1s. But then there's a 50/50 shot he'll drop a wide open TD.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

DVOA Matchups

GB Pass Offense (1) vs LAR Pass Defense (4)

GB Rush Offense (5) vs LAR Rush Defense (3)

LAR Pass Offense (20) vs GB Pass Defense (15)

LAR Rush Offense (4) vs GB Rush Defense (18)

so Rams should run , then run and play solid defence and keep the score close. Then a TO could decide the game

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Exactly :) lol

That being said, MVS against Darious Williams seems like a pretty noticeable size mismatch.

Yeah, but Williams will almost certainly have safety help. And we don't play a ton of M2M. We run a zone-heavy scheme, outside of Ramsey.

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Agreed. I was trying to determine if Hill or Williams is the slot DB.

Hill is the slot CB in games where Ramsey is blanketing the #1 WR.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Ramsey vs Adams is a good one. Donald needs to be healthy or the defence will lack the pressure it usually has. Missing play like what Donald has is a major loss.  

Floyd vs the reserve LT for the packers could also be a matchup to observe. 

Rams defence is the best or right up there with he best. It should be a solid game. I would pick the Packers but I still think a dominant defence can win big games, and the Rams have that.  it might come down to the Rams running game and if Goff can be good enough.  It should quite a game, glad the Rams made it and not the seahawks

The backup Lt is going to be Billy Turner, who has been playing really well at rt/rg all year (and Lt last week vs the bears and Khalil mack) so while he's no bakhtiari GB are much better set there than most teams wouk be in this scenario. 

Edited by Billy86
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

Anyone have the GB Rush Defense DVOA for the last six weeks of the season or so? Because they look miles better defending the run than they did in the first part of the season.

i doubt this is available to anyone other than FO internals - I've never seen something like this published by them.

4 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

The backup Lt is going to be Billy Turner, who has been playing really well at rt/rg all year (and Lt last week vs the bears and Khalil mack) so while he's no bakhtiari GB are much better set there than most teams wouk be in this scenario. 

Is Lucas Patrick the starting RG with Bakhtiari out? If so, I imagine he's going to see a lot of Aaron Donald.