2020 Divisional - 6) LA Rams @ 1) GB Packers

notthatbluestuff

2020 Divisional - LA Rams @ GB Packers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Los Angeles Rams
    • Green Bay Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2021 at 09:35 PM

Crazy nugget I just heard. In their career together meaning ARod and Adams seven times they have faced first team all pro cornerbacks for that particular season (Sherman, Norman, Peterson twice, Fuller twice, and Gilmore) the Packers are (1-6) in those games. 

Now that might not mean anything in this game even though Ramsey is a first team all pro cornerback this season but I like trends and 7 games is a good sample size. I’d just keep that in the back of my mind. Also Ramsey only went up against Adams once it was the first game of his career in 2016. Held Adams to 1 catch for 5yds. Impressive.

Edited by stl4life07

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Crazy nugget I just heard. In their career together meaning ARod and Adams seven times they have faced first team all pro cornerbacks for that particular season (Sherman, Norman, Peterson twice, Fuller twice, and Gilmore) the Packers are (1-6) in those games. 

Now that might not mean anything in this game even of Ramsey is a first team all pro this season but I like trends and 7 games is a good sample. I’d just keep that in the back of my mind. Also Ramsey only went up against Adams once it was the first game of his career in 2016. Held Adams to 1 catch for 5yds. Impressive.

I saw that, but it's pretty meaningless. A majority of those games were before Adams became elite. I think the last one was from 2018. I'm looking for straws to grasp as well. Trying to talk myself into a way we can win on Saturday, but this aint it lol

• Like 1

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

I saw that, but it's pretty meaningless. A majority of those games were before Adams became elite. I think the last one was from 2018. I'm looking for straws to grasp as well. Trying to talk myself into a way we can win on Saturday, but this aint it lol

I’m not trying to talk myself because it’s cut and dry for me. I think in order for the Rams to have a chance to win is they have to be physical on both sides of the ball. They have the best defense, a top 10 rushing offense with a young back in Akers who is every bit of the back that can do what Mostert did to the Packers last season and what Taylor and Rojo did to the Packers this season. If the Rams defense doesn’t play up to the level of which they are capable and the running game isn’t there the Rams have no chance. 

33 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

vs Rams defense in 2020   (opponent offensive ave)

Bills offense scored 35   (31.3)
Cards put up 28              (25.6)
Dolphins scored 28         (25.3)
J-E-T-S scored 23          ( 15.2)

The Dolphins and Cardinals scores are misleading. The Cards scored 7 following a PR fumble deep in our territory and had another score in garbage time with the Rams defense not trying hard to stop them. (Plus, their first TD of the game occurred on a coverage bust, but that can happen, so I won't protest that one.) The Dolphins had a defensive and special teams TD (and scored both their other TDs off of turnovers, including a turnover that gave them the ball at our 1 yard line).

The Bills offense got the better of us, but that was before Staley had fully implemented the scheme. Allen was able to take advantage of some mistakes from defensive players still figuring things out. I won't make any excuses for the Jets game. We sucked that day.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Now that might not mean anything in this game even though Ramsey is a first team all pro cornerback this season but I like trends and 7 games is a good sample size. I’d just keep that in the back of my mind. Also Ramsey only went up against Adams once it was the first game of his career in 2016. Held Adams to 1 catch for 5yds. Impressive.

That stat goes back to 2014.  7 games over 7 seasons is not a good sample size.  

27 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm looking for straws to grasp as well. Trying to talk myself into a way we can win on Saturday, but this aint it lol

Believe McVay has never lost a game to anyone in his coaching tree. I think he's 1-0 with last year's Bengals win. That's a pretty good percentage. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

How is Goff's thumb doing? Is he expected to be healthier in a significant way this weekend compared to the Seattle game? 

Nobody knows. McVay isn't saying much. One would assume that another week of healing will lead to improvement, but I can't say how much improvement that'll be. It wouldn't surprise me if Wolford starts (if he's able), and we try to hold Goff out in hopes we get past GB to get him healthy for the NFCCG.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nobody knows. McVay isn't saying much. One would assume that another week of healing will lead to improvement, but I can't say how much improvement that'll be. It wouldn't surprise me if Wolford starts (if he's able), and we try to hold Goff out in hopes we get past GB to get him healthy for the NFCCG.

I mean, even if he's healthy enough to go there's going to be concerns about his ability to grip a football.  Especially in the cold.  I would assume he'd have a glove on?

On 1/11/2021 at 12:23 PM, Coffee & Contemplation said:

I haven't watch a Rams game all year except this one. That defense is pretty concerning, not gonna lie, but that was also against the Seahawks' O-line so...

Losing our All-Pro LT for the rest of the season has caused some shuffling on that line so we will have our hands full with LA's Defense.

On 1/11/2021 at 3:51 PM, SteelKing728 said:

It would be cool to see the Rams prove everyone wrong, but I think GB got this, unfortunately.

Even tho our defense isn't the best around I think that group can perform well against the Rams' offense.  Their defense is another matter entirely and the right side of the OL has a daunting challenge ahead of them with our starting RT having to move over to the left.