Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

17 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

How do you guys even care about this since knowing ben will be here for a few more years is beyond me.   

The cool thing about this forum is you can pick the threads you want to read and the ones you don’t want to read.

Ben staying beyond this year isn’t guaranteed by any means. And if he is here past 2021 it means he had a damn good season. If you expect anyone from the team, including Ben to come out and say “this is Ben’s last year, regardless of results, even if he wins a SB we are moving on in 2022” it’s not going to happen.

If you’re just a constant “the sky is falling” Yinzer and think we are so doomed feel free to head over to the Browns forum. I heard they have a promising team this year. 

11 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

The cool thing about this forum is you can pick the threads you want to read and the ones you don’t want to read.

Ben staying beyond this year isn’t guaranteed by any means. And if he is here past 2021 it means he had a damn good season. If you expect anyone from the team, including Ben to come out and say “this is Ben’s last year, regardless of results, even if he wins a SB we are moving on in 2022” it’s not going to happen.

If you’re just a constant “the sky is falling” Yinzer and think we are so doomed feel free to head over to the Browns forum. I heard they have a promising team this year. 

just wait a few years and hope for the best. I just can't see the ben of recent years getting better or making this team compete vs the better teams. OL issues won't help either but on the good - fichner is gone

58 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I would love to snag Wade with one of our 4th round picks. He’s got a ton of talent just don’t ask him to play outside. I think he could start in the slot or at worst gives us good safety depth. 

I like Wade a lot too. If we don't get ASJ early, I'd love to get Wade in the middle rounds. 

• Like 1

+ On Dobbs: I was hopefully, though didnt expect much, for Haskins as a dart throw...but signing Dobbs makes me think they already don't like what they see. That's kinda scary considering they probably haven't done much of anything football related yet. 

+ Vince: Meh. Nice depth, but I think we were fine with Spillane. Kinda hope Spillane is the starter. 

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

+ On Dobbs: I was hopefully, though didnt expect much, for Haskins as a dart throw...but signing Dobbs makes me think they already don't like what they see. That's kinda scary considering they probably haven't done much of anything football related yet. 

+ Vince: Meh. Nice depth, but I think we were fine with Spillane. Kinda hope Spillane is the starter. 

I'm pretty sure the way they paid Spillane and cut Bince shows he is the starter. This is not a comparison between these 2 but Bince vs Gilbert or Allen. That is our current depth on the inside. He has never be even average at coverage but he is a plus run defender and a plus Blitzer. Not sure how this move can be disliked.