Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

I wonder if it’s less Haskins hasn’t been good in Zoom meetings (IIRC they can’t really do that right now) and more they don’t want to hand him a spot. Of the 3 backups I think Mason is the only one without anything to worry about. 

Close to a dream draft by the Steelers at their pick JOK or Fields.  I would happily take Fields or JOK at 24.  I just do not think you could pass on fields.

• Like 2

This stuff about Fields dropping is so stupid. He's been clearly the #2 in this class for a long time. He throws less dinky passes than Lawrence. He goes through his progressions more too. He's accurate. He's got a rocket. He's crazy athletic. He's a winner. The only knock I have about him is his loopy throwing motion, but that's not the worst thing in the world. If he's there, we'd be foolish to pass. He's a star. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

This stuff about Fields dropping is so stupid. He's been clearly the #2 in this class for a long time. He throws less dinky passes than Lawrence. He goes through his progressions more too. He's accurate. He's got a rocket. He's crazy athletic. He's a winner. The only knock I have about him is his loopy throwing motion, but that's not the worst thing in the world. If he's there, we'd be foolish to pass. He's a star. 

He is going to go 2 to the Jets and the media is going to revert back to the "oh, well yeah he always this guy". 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, jebrick said:

He is going top 10.  Lance is more likely to drop than Fields.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jones go to Pats at 15 and Lance go to the Skins or Bears. Or one of those two teams trades ahead of the Pats for Lance. 

My gut says Atlanta, Detroit, Carolina, Denver all pass on QB if/when Fields goes at 3. It wouldn’t completely shock me if New England did too just because it’s New England.

Edited by bigben07MVP

Trey Lance is gonna go 3. Fields and Jones are far more day one ready, and if they were gonna take one of them they would have traded Jimmy G and gotten the value. 

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Trey Lance is gonna go 3. Fields and Jones are far more day one ready, and if they were gonna take one of them they would have traded Jimmy G and gotten the value. 

I don't think anyone wants Jimmy G on that contract. I could see them taking Fields and cutting Jimmy. 

I've been thinking a little about our RB position. I'm becoming a little more comfortable with our RB room as it is. Snell looked great in week 1, albeit against a bad team(though they did have some big nasties up front). Chuks was pretty bad as a run blocker. I think his finesse game did not mesh well with Decastro's finesse game. Chuks looked good with Dotson next to him. If we can get a center that can run block, and another talented OT(or hope for Chuks improvement) I think we can do well with Snell and McFarland. I also think Fitchner was really bad which is far from a hot take. I think a full year for Dotson, Banner, and maybe Chuks will be really beneficial. Obviously, if we draft a RB that would be great. I guess I'm just preparing myself for if we don't. If the game slows down for McFarland, he can probably be a pretty good back. Snell has proven that if you feed him the rock consistently, he'll produce. 

Interesting article on BTSC

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/4/16/22386345/which-nfl-team-has-drafted-the-best-since-2000-pittsburgh-steelers-patritos-saints-packers

So the final results are as follows:

1.) NO: 18; 32.59%
2.) PIT: 15; 27.54%
3.) GB: 15; 27.51%
4.) NE: 15, 27.42%

As I have kept telling people, Colbert is one of the best GMs in the business.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Interesting article on BTSC

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/4/16/22386345/which-nfl-team-has-drafted-the-best-since-2000-pittsburgh-steelers-patritos-saints-packers

As I have kept telling people, Colbert is one of the best GMs in the business.

Colbert is just as good as a GM as Ozzie Newsome, who got way more media praise for his work.

• Like 1

8.5 feels like a good line to bet against. I still think the ceiling is 12, fairly easily (not that 12 wins will be easy). Consider the bottom falls off might be like 6. Eh, talked myself out of it 9.5 is probably a better line, so right now I like the over. 

See there was a NFL.com’s Charlie Casserly's mock draft where Justin Fields falls to #24!

Can you imagine a more perfect scenario that is the least bit plausible?  

Not only is there a chance this will happen but I GUARANTEE it will happen!  Take out a second mortgage and put it all on Fields at #24!