Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Am I missing something? Why do people keep calling Alex Highsmith “Hightower”? I’ve seen numerous posters on here and at least one person on Twitter do this. 

I’m pretty sure it’s an autocorrect

• Like 1

I really appreciate Al and his career here with us, his story, his play -- all of it. 

But... Im kinda excited about this move as a rival of the Ravens. You are either expecting Al to be a quality run blocker for you to keep your elite level ground game going or you view his need on your team while you transition to more of a pocket based passing attack to appease people calling for you to throw more. 

Either way works for me. You are either making your scary ground game weaker or adapting to something you won't be nearly as scary at. Good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

I really appreciate Al and his career here with us, his story, his play -- all of it. 

But... Im kinda excited about this move as a rival of the Ravens. You are either expecting Al to be a quality run blocker for you to keep your elite level ground game going or you view his need on your team while you transition to more of a pocket based passing attack to appease people calling for you to throw more. 

Either way works for me. You are either making your scary ground game weaker or adapting to something you won't be nearly as scary at. Good!

Watch Lamar come out and look like Steve Young next year lol 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

As for the outside of the field stuff, I’m low key glad to be done with the “controversies” surrounding him. The flag thing, the helmet plate thing, his somewhat weird military dealings. I know none of them are really “on him” but things happened the last few years have taken a toll of defending these things. 

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

As for the outside of the field stuff, I’m low key glad to be done with the “controversies” surrounding him. The flag thing, the helmet plate thing, his somewhat weird military dealings. I know none of them are really “on him” but things happened the last few years have taken a toll of defending these things. 

There is no need to "defend" it.   He did nothing wrong.   He was the only one with balls to not just to blindly support false narratives.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Everybody good with him leaving? 

Yup...yup, I think I’m good. 

I was cool with him leaving on bad terms to go play for a division rival because he was garbage last year but this is just straight unnecessary pettiness from AV. I hope Highsmith/TJ make him look like the fool he’s acting like right now. Good riddance.

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I was cool with him leaving on bad terms to go play for a division rival because he was garbage last year but this is just straight unnecessary pettiness from AV. I hope Highsmith/TJ make him look like the fool he’s acting like right now. Good riddance.

I do feel like he is forgetting when he plays us...he goes against the most elite player on our team and one of the more elite players in the NFL. 

For a smart guy...he didn’t think that part through. 

Also, throwing shade at Decastro seemed really strange.