Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

1 minute ago, August4th said:

I've seen people call out villa being a bad teammate in the past...so this is not all that surprising

Yea. I’ve heard some things and not shocked to hear the things he said. 

Bottom line....AV (and Pouncey) is not much of a loss at this point.   The biggest obstacle will be getting this OLine to gel together with several new starters.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I missed it, what did he say about DDC?

like war said, it’s most likely in jest and it’s hard to tell tone on text rather than through spoken word...but just a strange thing to say. 

He said he appreciated pittsburgh and everything but then often sounded like a spurned Ex-girlfriend. 

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Bottom line....AV (and Pouncey) is not much of a loss at this point.   The biggest obstacle will be getting this OLine to gel together with several new starters.

thankfully we'll have a real TC/preseason to work this out and not the shorten covid offseason

26 minutes ago, 43M said:

This and Klemm/Canada influence with be the two biggest factors to an improved o-line IMO. 

Quite honestly he could have said the Steelers were a pile of crap and I wouldn’t think any less of him. This is a man who served his country overseas, received a Bronze Star for saving the lives of his wounded soldiers, and then walked onto a team in the NFL and made himself into a pretty decent player. Sometimes we forget football is just a game. He has my respect. Also, just like most things in the media nowadays they don’t report the news, they create sensational stories- his interview wasn’t near as bad as what popped up on Twitter. 

• Like 1

quietly optimistic about this season!! improved runblocking from the o-line and a largely returning defense - maybe maybe this year can be the year the defense doesn't **** themselves in the playoffs, because all the pieces are there plus a healthy dbush

14 hours ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Quite honestly he could have said the Steelers were a pile of crap and I wouldn’t think any less of him. This is a man who served his country overseas, received a Bronze Star for saving the lives of his wounded soldiers, and then walked onto a team in the NFL and made himself into a pretty decent player. Sometimes we forget football is just a game. He has my respect. Also, just like most things in the media nowadays they don’t report the news, they create sensational stories- his interview wasn’t near as bad as what popped up on Twitter. 

Separate the man from the football player though.  I do the same with Ben, where I think he's a pile of crap as a person, but root for him as a player.  I can think the world of Big Al because of his service to this country; but as a football player, I've heard about some problems where this might be better for the locker room.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We can’t rule out a trade before the season. It seems like Colbert is kind of keen on trades for vets.

I doubt it would happen but I wouldn’t mind seeing us pull off the rare player-for-player trade with J Wash. I think he’s a underrated player who could put up good numbers on a team like the Titans, Packers, or Lions.

Just doesn’t really have a role here with JuJu, DJ, Claypool, and Ebron as the de facto WR4 in a lot of situations. Also in a contract year. Would be awesome if we could flip him for a vet pass rusher or corner on an expiring contract. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I doubt it would happen but I wouldn’t mind seeing us pull off the rare player-for-player trade with J Wash. I think he’s a underrated player who could put up good numbers on a team like the Titans, Packers, or Lions.

Just doesn’t really have a role here with JuJu, DJ, Claypool, and Ebron as the de facto WR4 in a lot of situations. Also in a contract year. Would be awesome if we could flip him for a vet pass rusher or corner on an expiring contract. 

If they woulda drafted somebody I could have seen that...I thought it was a mid round possibility with juju and Washington FAs at end of season.

I expect at least 1 FA signing at either edge or in the secondary.

Im big on the James Washington trade train. He is very nice depth to have, but i view injury replacement as 1/4th of the season, because anything more than that is more the catastrophic side and I believe you should not actively plan for that. 

Can we survive 4 games down JuJu, Claypool, or Johnson? I think that answer is overwhelmingly yes. Renewed concentration on the run game, Freiermuth allowing Ebron to expand into more of a receiving role, use of 2TE in general, etc. Yes, I think we can survive with Ray-Ray being target #5 in the passing game for a quarter of the season. 

Player to player would be a nice trade, but I would even take a future draft pick - provided it's in the 4 to 5 range. You are not likely to get any comp for him and he isn't likely to have any real role. I would to get an asset for a player we drafted 60th overall. 

• Like 1