Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

20 minutes ago, jebrick said:

TE class is a bit thin so it pushes it to a day 2 pick. 

Dear Colbert,  Please trade back and get some more 2nd or 3rd round picks

Or trade some of those later round picks to get back into the 2nd or 3rd. Either way, I'm with you. We need more early to mid rounders in this draft. 

55 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Or trade some of those later round picks to get back into the 2nd or 3rd. Either way, I'm with you. We need more early to mid rounders in this draft. 

Nah. Trade back, especially if there’s no top OT or QB available. OT is deep and if you can move back 10-13 picks, still get Harris/Eteintee, and The ND LT along with a future 2....you do it. 

The issue is Colbert values BPA far too much to take the added value of trading back. Trading back this year could provide value and ammo to trade up next year when we will definitely need a QB. I wish he would start thinking like this and understanding that a slight hit on BPA is worth the movement to gain extra value, especially in a year that you need that extra potential picks that will come with moving back. 

Edited by warfelg

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Nah. Trade back, especially if there’s no top OT or QB available. OT is deep and if you can move back 10-13 picks, still get Harris/Eteintee, and The ND LT along with a future 2....you do it. 

I agree. The ideal is trading back. I just think it's far more realistic we trade back up, though. Seems like we never trade back with our first. 

off topc

I just recently lost my grandma. this women raised me and my bro since we were kids and is the main reason I became a steeler fan. She got me hooked watching the steelers in the late 90s. This past week has been hard. Coming on here to discuses the steelers with you guys has helped me keep my mind out of the 24/7 sadness I'm in ATM.I like to thank you guys for putting together a good community to discuss the steelers and the NFL.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, August4th said:

off topc

I just recently lost my grandma. this women raised me and my bro since we were kids and is the main reason I became a steeler fan. She got me hooked watching the steelers in the late 90s. This past week has been hard. Coming on here to discuses the steelers with you guys has helped me keep my mind out of the 24/7 sadness I'm in ATM.I like to thank you guys for putting together a good community to discuss the steelers and the NFL.

I'm sorry to hear that, man. You're in my thoughts, my friend. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, August4th said:

off topc

We are a family here.

A wildly dysfunctional, slightly slow and incredibly odd family....but a family nonetheless.

Sorry for your loss, homey.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, August4th said:

off topc

Im sorry to hear this. Tonight as I start my cigar I will raise my glass to her for being what sounds like a great person and fellow member of the steelers family.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 3:46 PM, August4th said:

off topc

sorry about your loss, get well. Now that Stafford will be traded, it's about time ben retires and helps all this get better🤘

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'll be honest, I'm thankful for all Pouncey has done for this team but I'm also glad he is retiring.

I'm with you. I think this O-line will improve if we get the right rookie in the building. I think Pouncey has been largely a detriment to the offense the last couple seasons. I hope we sign a vet and draft a center early. 

• Like 1

There are 4 pretty decent centers in this draft.

Slater - Northwestern

Dickerson - Bama

Trey Hill- Tenn

Josh Myers - Ohio State

Next tier would be

Humphrey - Oklahoma

Alec Lindstrom - Boston College

Jimmy Morrissey - Pitt

I would be happy with any of the tier 1 centers.  the Tier 2 would be 3rd or 4th round ( with the possible exception of Humphrey ).  I like Humphrey and he has the size but needs some work.  Far from a finished product which is why I put him at tier 2 ( YMMV)