Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

23 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'll be honest, I'm thankful for all Pouncey has done for this team but I'm also glad he is retiring.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-roethlisberger-wants-to-play-next-season-and-he-wants-his-center-with-him/ar-BB1d5lME

not only will ben intend to return , he also might talk pouncey into returning as well 👏

16 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-roethlisberger-wants-to-play-next-season-and-he-wants-his-center-with-him/ar-BB1d5lME

not only will ben intend to return , he also might talk pouncey into returning as well 👏

This is a situation where Ben needs to be told to leave well enough alone. Ben is a part of the problem and Pouncey needs to be done. By Ben demanding the guys HE wants, remain, he is continuing to hold the team back.

51 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

This is a situation where Ben needs to be told to leave well enough alone. Ben is a part of the problem and Pouncey needs to be done. By Ben demanding the guys HE wants, remain, he is continuing to hold the team back.

thats the problem, ben running this team. Keep punchy and ben , but lose DDC and Hilton or someone else to cap issues. Of course, also miss out on Stafford or maybe  Rodgers in the process (Watson will be too pricey) . Ben hasn't been good since he was 35, surrounded with talent and a legit OC.   

By holding the team back going into THIS offseason, the steelers will miss out on good QB's. Ben had his time, but he is done, everyone knows this. I spoke with a few people the other day (bills fans) and they all said that ben is done. Obvious to fans but not  colbert/rooney 👏

I don’t understand why people like or follow that guy. I won’t even say his name or type it into Twitter because it will provide a search stat for him.

Its not about being right or wrong, it’s about causing a reaction. Now Mark will play like TJ is not telling the truth and the Twitter mob will be out and he will Retweet and laugh all the way to the bank while showing his bosses how many interactions he had. 

People need to ignore him, Skip Bayless, and (unfortunately) new age Colin cowherd. It’s how those people go away, or revert back to actually having takes. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I don’t understand why people like or follow that guy. I won’t even say his name or type it into Twitter because it will provide a search stat for him.

Its not about being right or wrong, it’s about causing a reaction. Now Mark will play like TJ is not telling the truth and the Twitter mob will be out and he will Retweet and laugh all the way to the bank while showing his bosses how many interactions he had. 

People need to ignore him, Skip Bayless, and (unfortunately) new age Colin cowherd. It’s how those people go away, or revert back to actually having takes. 

I “shadow follow” him. So when he gets quote tweeted I see it which doesn’t impact his views. 

Anyways, you know it’s bad when even respected media insiders like La Canfora, Schefter, Fowler, Mortenson, Glazer, Aditi (sorry can’t spell her last name), Rapaport are all taking the players side. 

A side note: I do know one former player who was a FA at one point who was an ok, not great player. Anyways he’s from PA and always dreamed of playing for the Steelers or Eagles. He ended up signing with the Eagles, because he agent said for the amount offered, the local media was going to roast him if he wasn’t great (he was a 3rd safety). Additionally he was advised if he didn’t do this clowns show within a few days, this clown was going to make it a priority to ruin the players reps with fans. 

Basically long story short: he wants to complain about the Steelers and the players, but fails to see he’s part of the problem even being an outsider. (Did you know the Steelers, Pirates, Pitt, Duquesne have all banned him as a media member?)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

I know the positional value isn’t there...but if he’s at 24, I would have a really tough time passing on him.

Positional value is there for late 1st RBs. The positional value isn’t there for second contracts to RBs. 

Basically if I were a GM I’d have the rotation of this drafting strategy every 3 years:

Year 1: Round 1-3 RB to be my lead back. 
Year 2: Round 3-5 RB to be a rotational/change of pace type RB. 
Year 3: Round 4-7 RB who’s a Jack of all trades, not stellar in anything, set to be a ST contributor. 
Sprinkle in an UDFA in there for injury/depth reasons. 

Id almost never offer a second contract to this, and if I did I would skip the mid-round RB still drafting one somewhat high. Maybe take a year off here and there from the cycle. But this basically sets you up to draft the replacement for the same level back right as his contract is about to expire. 

Edited by warfelg

Just now, warfelg said:

Positional value is there for late 1st RBs. The positional value isn’t there for second contracts to RBs. 

In a weird way, having that 5thyear option kinda eases pressure on going to that 2nd contract...you have that RBs prime years on his 1st deal(til roughly 27-28)

I know the OL needs work but a 1st Rd OL probably doesn’t help the Steelers in 2021 as a stud RB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AFF said:

In a weird way, having that 5thyear option kinda eases pressure on going to that 2nd contract...you have that RBs prime years on his 1st deal(til roughly 27-28)

I know the OL needs work but a 1st Rd OL probably doesn’t help the Steelers in 2021 as a stud RB.

They really help each other. I think Eichenberg will be there in Rd 2, which is why I’m for Eteinne or Harris in Rd 1.

26 minutes ago, AFF said:

This is why I am pro late 1st round running backs. Even when you consider the 5th year option and the RB Tag price, its very reasonable to keep a player 6 years at a good cost. 

Use 'em and lose 'em. 

End of the first round you will have your choice of top back. You don't have to play with the leftovers later.