Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

Random and doesn’t have to do much with the current team, but it is Steelers talk:

Kordell Stewart wrote a story talking about the accusations of being gay back in the 90’s...and the evidence this morning is pointing that Mark Madden may have been the source of the rumor. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Random and doesn’t have to do much with the current team, but it is Steelers talk:

Kordell Stewart wrote a story talking about the accusations of being gay back in the 90’s...and the evidence this morning is pointing that Mark Madden may have been the source of the rumor. 

he's also been mentioned in a recent article about a former MNF side reporter who dealt with nasty criticism to the point it gave her suicidal thoughts. Their is no need for sports media like madden. These dudes should be left in the past. They're relics

Edited by August4th
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, warfelg said:

Mark Madden is one of the biggest POS out there.   He sucks at everything he does and everyone hates him, yet somehow the clown still has an audience.   He should've been a politician.

• Like 1

Man, I’m bummed for TJ. Not really sure what else you are supposed to do to win that award. I think he impacts the game across the board at a higher level, but Donald is lightyears better than anyone else at his position. Almost feels unfair. 

44 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Man, I’m bummed for TJ. Not really sure what else you are supposed to do to win that award. I think he impacts the game across the board at a higher level, but Donald is lightyears better than anyone else at his position. Almost feels unfair. 

I appreciate someone saying this. I think TJ is a monster. One of my favorite players to watch. Drives me insane that he’s still referred as “JJs younger brother” all the time lol I think if AD wasn’t in the league JJ would be the face of defensive players. It’s almost unfair what Donald had done since entering the NFL. Dude was doubled on 78% of plays and was still in the race for most of the defensive statistics. I imagine you guys feel the same way about TJ right now that I did about Robert Quinn when he had 19 sacks and didn’t win it. Or even AD last year.  But in my opinion 27 vs 20 votes was fair.. but that’s my opinion (hope this doesn’t ruffle feathers). TJ is getting one or two before he retires. Have a good offseason everyone!

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I appreciate someone saying this. I think TJ is a monster. One of my favorite players to watch. Drives me insane that he’s still referred as “JJs younger brother” all the time lol I think if AD wasn’t in the league JJ would be the face of defensive players. It’s almost unfair what Donald had done since entering the NFL. Dude was doubled on 78% of plays and was still in the race for most of the defensive statistics. I imagine you guys feel the same way about TJ right now that I did about Robert Quinn when he had 19 sacks and didn’t win it. Or even AD last year.  But in my opinion 27 vs 20 votes was fair.. but that’s my opinion (hope this doesn’t ruffle feathers). TJ is getting one or two before he retires. Have a good offseason everyone!

The hardest part for many of us to take was the reasoning after the fact last year was statistically Gilmore was better, and now this year that double team narrative is used as to why lesser stats are ok. So now TJ has been hit with the not good enough, and less is more, so exactly how much above is his stats going to need to be to win. Not only did he top most pass rushing numbers and TFL but he was also one of the better coverage EDGE guys too. I personally feel like he was robbed last year and this year feels like Donald got it because he’s better than the comp at his position and put up top 5ish stats and voters feel that’s good enough. 

AD is gonna get another 3-5 DPOY because voters will do for him what they should do for a LeBron in the NBA. He’s just that much better and if his stats are there it’s his to lose. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 8:43 AM, warfelg said:

That rumor started from the bottom up. Stewart's article even mentions that the Rooney's tracked down the source of the rumor and that it was in fact a Pittsburgh cop.

9 minutes ago, August4th said:

watching TB defense in the SB and thinking this was what the steelers defense would of looked like down the stretch with a healthy Bush/Bud 😥 offense would sabotage the season anyway tho

I really wanted to see our defense play the Chiefs this year (before the knees blew up).  I wasn’t going to predict we would win, but I actually liked the matchup. 

Hot take: I don’t think either of these teams make it back to the super bowl next year.