Jump to content

Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...


43M
 Share

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Having said that I hope they let Feiler walk

I've seen some people talk about re-signing him and I'm just left scratching my head as to why. They have two RT's on the roster already, so he isn't an option there. He was out played by the rookie and shouldn't even have started the playoff game. With the cap issues, it makes zero sense to even think about keeping him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I still think a deal with Juju gets done.

Having said that I hope they let Feiler walk

I know we disagree on signing juju but Feiler seemed solid at RT 2 years ago...I’m guessing they’ll lock up Banner and move Chuks to LT but ya never know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I still think a deal with Juju gets done.

Having said that I hope they let Feiler walk

I know we disagree on signing juju but Feiler seemed solid at RT 2 years ago...I’m guessing they’ll lock up Banner and move Chuks to LT but ya never know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AFF said:

I know we disagree on signing juju but Feiler seemed solid at RT 2 years ago...I’m guessing they’ll lock up Banner and move Chuks to LT but ya never know.

I agree that he seemed solid at RT, but he was SO BAD at LG. Id prefer to save the money and even if it isn't being spent on Juju, spend it elsewhere 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AFF said:

As of right now, Steelers are $3.3 mill UNDER a $180 mill cap.

Tuitt restructure/maybe a Nelson extension/Williams cut and maybe even a Haden surprise cut are all possible.

I suspect they may extend DeCastro, Nelson, and Haden, with a Restructure for Tuitt to save a considerable amount of money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

They have two RT's

Feiler is better that Chuks. Banner is still a question mark. We have nearly 2 seasons of watching Feiler be a + player at RT. We have about 3 quarters of seeing Banner. 

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

He was out played by the rookie

He clearly wasn’t a guard. That shouldn’t play a role in his potential to be your starting RT for the next 3-4 years.

And just an aside, but I think that’s a damn good rookie. 

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

With the cap issues, it makes zero sense to even think about keeping him.

Not to me. He most likely would be a very cost effective player after this season. With all the unknowns we have on this roster if you told me you could get Feiler for $5M-$6M per year with a first year cap hit at or under $3m. Sign me up and check that box off the list of needs. 

Im good with signing Feiler to be our RT and having banner and Chuks compete for LT. Or adding a rookie to that mix too. I am pro Chuks, but nothing he did should demand forgetting about the RT spot. The way Banner has talked about betting on himself and after his ACL makes me question his long term life on this team. So give me Feiler and let me feel good about 3 of the spots on our OLine instead of questioning 3 spots. 

I won’t be torn up if they don’t or he takes a deal somewhere else... But I think it makes all the sense in the world to do it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I suspect they may extend DeCastro, Nelson, and Haden, with a Restructure for Tuitt to save a considerable amount of money. 

I’d try not to extend Haden or cut him unless they take his $8 mill they would save and give it to Sutton and Hilton.

Decastro is weird...31 and didn’t play well last year but I think he was dinged up all last year....hard to tell.

I’d be all for a Nelson extension.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, AFF said:

I’d try not to extend Haden or cut him unless they take his $8 mill they would save and give it to Sutton and Hilton.

Decastro is weird...31 and didn’t play well last year but I think he was dinged up all last year....hard to tell.

I’d be all for a Nelson extension.

I’d rather extend Vince than cut him. I think we’ll see how much better he is than Spillane if we lose him. He was leading the league in TFL when Bush was healthy. He was also on pace for 6 sacks for the season. I don’t think we see anywhere close to that level of play with Spillane. I thought he looked pretty bad for most of the year last year. Minus that one monster hit on Henry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’d rather extend Vince than cut him. I think we’ll see how much better he is than Spillane if we lose him. He was leading the league in TFL when Bush was healthy. He was also on pace for 6 sacks for the season. I don’t think we see anywhere close to that level of play with Spillane. I thought he looked pretty bad for most of the year last year. Minus that one monster hit on Henry. 

Spillane played well for a backup.   He had numerous positive plays for us....but he isnt long term starter quality.   Thing is, VW isnt either.  He has stretches he plays great, but stretches where he is below average too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 43M said:

Spillane played well for a backup.   He had numerous positive plays for us....but he isnt long term starter quality.   Thing is, VW isnt either.  He has stretches he plays great, but stretches where he is below average too.

Those stretches where he plays great are when he has a hyper athletic ILB next to him. We have that in Bush. If Bush stays healthy all year, I'm positive the discussion of cutting Vince isn't one we're having. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...