Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

52 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Having said that I hope they let Feiler walk

I've seen some people talk about re-signing him and I'm just left scratching my head as to why. They have two RT's on the roster already, so he isn't an option there. He was out played by the rookie and shouldn't even have started the playoff game. With the cap issues, it makes zero sense to even think about keeping him.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I still think a deal with Juju gets done.

I know we disagree on signing juju but Feiler seemed solid at RT 2 years ago...I’m guessing they’ll lock up Banner and move Chuks to LT but ya never know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I still think a deal with Juju gets done.

I know we disagree on signing juju but Feiler seemed solid at RT 2 years ago...I’m guessing they’ll lock up Banner and move Chuks to LT but ya never know.

4 minutes ago, AFF said:

I agree that he seemed solid at RT, but he was SO BAD at LG. Id prefer to save the money and even if it isn't being spent on Juju, spend it elsewhere 

1 minute ago, AFF said:

As of right now, Steelers are $3.3 mill UNDER a $180 mill cap.

Tuitt restructure/maybe a Nelson extension/Williams cut and maybe even a Haden surprise cut are all possible.

I suspect they may extend DeCastro, Nelson, and Haden, with a Restructure for Tuitt to save a considerable amount of money. 

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

They have two RT's

Feiler is better that Chuks. Banner is still a question mark. We have nearly 2 seasons of watching Feiler be a + player at RT. We have about 3 quarters of seeing Banner. 

He was out played by the rookie

He clearly wasn’t a guard. That shouldn’t play a role in his potential to be your starting RT for the next 3-4 years.

And just an aside, but I think that’s a damn good rookie. 

With the cap issues, it makes zero sense to even think about keeping him.

Not to me. He most likely would be a very cost effective player after this season. With all the unknowns we have on this roster if you told me you could get Feiler for $5M-$6M per year with a first year cap hit at or under $3m. Sign me up and check that box off the list of needs. 

Im good with signing Feiler to be our RT and having banner and Chuks compete for LT. Or adding a rookie to that mix too. I am pro Chuks, but nothing he did should demand forgetting about the RT spot. The way Banner has talked about betting on himself and after his ACL makes me question his long term life on this team. So give me Feiler and let me feel good about 3 of the spots on our OLine instead of questioning 3 spots. 

I won’t be torn up if they don’t or he takes a deal somewhere else... But I think it makes all the sense in the world to do it. 

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I suspect they may extend DeCastro, Nelson, and Haden, with a Restructure for Tuitt to save a considerable amount of money. 

I’d try not to extend Haden or cut him unless they take his $8 mill they would save and give it to Sutton and Hilton.

Decastro is weird...31 and didn’t play well last year but I think he was dinged up all last year....hard to tell.

I’d be all for a Nelson extension.

54 minutes ago, AFF said:

I’d try not to extend Haden or cut him unless they take his $8 mill they would save and give it to Sutton and Hilton.

Decastro is weird...31 and didn’t play well last year but I think he was dinged up all last year....hard to tell.

I’d be all for a Nelson extension.

I’d rather extend Vince than cut him. I think we’ll see how much better he is than Spillane if we lose him. He was leading the league in TFL when Bush was healthy. He was also on pace for 6 sacks for the season. I don’t think we see anywhere close to that level of play with Spillane. I thought he looked pretty bad for most of the year last year. Minus that one monster hit on Henry. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’d rather extend Vince than cut him. I think we’ll see how much better he is than Spillane if we lose him. He was leading the league in TFL when Bush was healthy. He was also on pace for 6 sacks for the season. I don’t think we see anywhere close to that level of play with Spillane. I thought he looked pretty bad for most of the year last year. Minus that one monster hit on Henry. 

Spillane played well for a backup.   He had numerous positive plays for us....but he isnt long term starter quality.   Thing is, VW isnt either.  He has stretches he plays great, but stretches where he is below average too.

9 hours ago, 43M said:

Spillane played well for a backup.   He had numerous positive plays for us....but he isnt long term starter quality.   Thing is, VW isnt either.  He has stretches he plays great, but stretches where he is below average too.

Those stretches where he plays great are when he has a hyper athletic ILB next to him. We have that in Bush. If Bush stays healthy all year, I'm positive the discussion of cutting Vince isn't one we're having.