Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

14 minutes ago, August4th said:

Lance played one full yr in a lower league and only played one game last yr. feel like QB prospects like that usually fall to the late 1st/early 2nd, but he's still being mocked into the top 15

I think his athleticism is going to shine through and get him drafted early. Lamar Jackson and Mahomes' success will see to that, I think. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

@Dcash4 I don't think Cam's signing is going to keep the Pats out of the QB hunt. 

If you have a good idea of what Bill Belichick is going to do in the draft, god bless you and your winning lottery ticket tonight. 

I agree they probably still aim QB...but BB has done weirder things in the draft. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think his athleticism is going to shine through and get him drafted early. Lamar Jackson and Mahomes' success will see to that, I think. 

yeah...I think the success of guys like that+ Josh allen/Kyler Murray and NFL teams more willing to embrace the "college" style of offense is helping his draft status...because I doubt this would be the case 5-10 yrs ago. He's probably a 2nd-3rd RD prospect. I bet their is no way Ben Roethlisberger falls out of the top 3, if the 04 draft was now, because the MAC stigma would be gone and teams would be salivating over his athletic talent. Hell, he probably goes number 1 overall above Eli

There is still a stigma for the schools not in the power 5.  Teams are more willing to gamble on some now.

In my rating, Lance has 2 of the 3 abilities looked for in a pro QB.  Arm Strength and decision making.  His accuracy is average at best but teams have seen that they can correct that given a year and good coaching.  But does he get time to correct it?  Depends on the team drafting him.  He is not as tall as they like so that will cost him a little in the grades. 

He is worth a gamble in the QB staved league but I can see him drop to the same range as Roethlisberger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

There is still a stigma for the schools not in the power 5.  Teams are more willing to gamble on some now.

In my rating, Lance has 2 of the 3 abilities looked for in a pro QB.  Arm Strength and decision making.  His accuracy is average at best but teams have seen that they can correct that given a year and good coaching.  But does he get time to correct it?  Depends on the team drafting him.  He is not as tall as they like so that will cost him a little in the grades. 

He is worth a gamble in the QB staved league but I can see him drop to the same range as Roethlisberger.

I really like him. He would have to sit out his rookie year, though. If I'm in charge, he sits out as long as Mahomes. I think he's a winning investment. If we could get him for only picks this year, I'd do it. Let Ben play out his last season bolster the run game through FA. Maybe we get hot and have a fun team with Ben for his send off, maybe we're average, but at least we have the QBoTF. Then next year we have tons of cap, potentially tons of picks, and a QB on his rookie deal.