Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

I think I'm all in on ETN ... Give me 

ETN 

Liam echenberg / Ronnie Perkins

Quinn marinez 

CB 

Edge / Tackle

Tackles and centers are deep this year, I could see em maybe skipping tackle until the 4th especially if they bring back either fieler or AV

• Like 1

This is just FOMO on my part, but I am starting to get a little concerned that we have not announced any signings of our guys about to hit FA. There is still some time obviously, but I really expected us to see the plan at this point (probably my own dumb fault for thinking that). 

Letting guys like JuJu, Hilton, or even Sutton get to FA to test the waters and circle back kinda makes sense....but IMO letting EVERYBODY get there is a mistake. I just assumed by this point we would have heard about somebody, anybody signing. Banner has seemed like a foregone conclusion since the end of the season....can we just check that box?

14 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

This is just FOMO on my part, but I am starting to get a little concerned that we have not announced any signings of our guys about to hit FA. There is still some time obviously, but I really expected us to see the plan at this point (probably my own dumb fault for thinking that). 

Letting guys like JuJu, Hilton, or even Sutton get to FA to test the waters and circle back kinda makes sense....but IMO letting EVERYBODY get there is a mistake. I just assumed by this point we would have heard about somebody, anybody signing. Banner has seemed like a foregone conclusion since the end of the season....can we just check that box?

I’m assuming the big 3 are all gonr(Juju/Bud/Hilton) but they are wrapping up a few of the lower tier guys like Alalu/Dangerfield etc.

Im more surprised they haven’t restructured Tuitt and/or extended Haden or Nelson for more cap room.

Yeah I'm disappointed by the lack of extension to open cap room 

And disappointed by the reports they had discussion with AV ... I'd much rather bring back Feiler (cheaper and plug in starter at RT and brings more versatility with ability to play guard if needed)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AFF said:

Im more surprised they haven’t restructured Tuitt and/or extended Haden or Nelson for more cap room.

I didn't mention it but glad you did. That's been another piece that has been bothering me. Just seems like a lack of urgency at this point -- and that's not fair to say from the outside looking in, but it feels that way. 

It could just be waiting to see who else gets cut. Maybe they wanted to wrap up Banner and Fieler but then see Mitchell Schwartz hits the pool and want to inquire about him first and spend a little more for a better player. I ultimately don't know....but my fomo is in highdrive right now. 

I thought one of Sutton or Hilton would be done right now. We can't lose both. 

33 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I didn't mention it but glad you did. That's been another piece that has been bothering me. Just seems like a lack of urgency at this point -- and that's not fair to say from the outside looking in, but it feels that way. 

It could just be waiting to see who else gets cut. Maybe they wanted to wrap up Banner and Fieler but then see Mitchell Schwartz hits the pool and want to inquire about him first and spend a little more for a better player. I ultimately don't know....but my fomo is in highdrive right now. 

I thought one of Sutton or Hilton would be done right now. We can't lose both. 

I think the 'lack of urgency' isn't that so much to speak as much as Colbert understands what's about to happen.  Some top end guys are going to sign some HUGE money deals very early on, the money will dry up, then there's going to be a huge chunk of players that can be had cheap.  So wait for that, free up only the space you need, and get those guys, rather than freeing up space you won't end up using and impacting future cap.

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

just hope he does not sign with Ravens now

The way some media and fans are celebrating him leaving really makes me wish I were a more violent person at times.  Dirtbags of the fandom.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I think the 'lack of urgency' isn't that so much to speak as much as Colbert understands what's about to happen.  Some top end guys are going to sign some HUGE money deals very early on, the money will dry up, then there's going to be a huge chunk of players that can be had cheap.  So wait for that, free up only the space you need, and get those guys, rather than freeing up space you won't end up using and impacting future cap.

I agree with that. I'm just concerned that I viewed one of Hilton/Sutton and one of Banner/Feiler to be immensely important to our off-season and not having made any marks on either front at this time has me concerned about the possibility we actually lose all 4. 

I agree patience will probably uncover a lot of value this year, but I am worried that our patience in hoping we retain guys with value could backfire completely. I thought we would have our desired re-signings by now, then play the waiting game. Feels like we are waiting on a lot. 

• Like 1

AHAHAHAHAHA

Mark Madden just blocked me because he yet again said the older Steelers cared about winning, and I responded with "Yeah I too miss the days when my players were coked out alcoholic roided up womanizers that the media swept under the rug because of one feel good commercial."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm glad I don't have a twitter lol

I've been crap talking him so long I was wondering when it was gonna happen.  And we found his line.  Imply that the 70's Steelers weren't choir boys.

Anyways....twitter is a fine spot to pick up some news faster than other ways.

• Like 1