Jump to content

Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I thought we would have our desired re-signings by now, then play the waiting game. Feels like we are waiting on a lot. 

I'm no cap expert, but when I look at what the Bucs are doing getting creative with their contracts I'm left wondering what the team pays Omar Khan for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

Im pretty comfortable with that list. I wanted all the DB's back and to at least knock out 1 Tackle spot. 

I'm still wondering about Banner though...

I rather see them keep Banner over Feiler.  Feiler was meh as a OG, plays only RT.  At least Banner can give some LT/RT flexibility if needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

seeing the pats go big day 1 on FA today has me wondering if the steelers would do the same next yr since we'll the most cap space in the NFL. I expect a lot of that to be eaten up paying our own tho

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, August4th said:

seeing the pats go big day 1 on FA today has me wondering if the steelers would do the same next yr since we'll the most cap space in the NFL. I expect a lot of that to be eaten up paying our own tho

They won't. And I don't expect a single noteworthy FA signing this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to think the interest in Feiler is about him playing tackle, but he's not really a guy you want starting. Especially if you are putting some big emphasis on fixing your ground game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I rather see them keep Banner over Feiler.  Feiler was meh as a OG, plays only RT.  At least Banner can give some LT/RT flexibility if needed.

Id like to keep both. Takes care of RT and it potentially shores up LT (if Banner can translate), if it doesn't, it at least provides solid competition. 

Im too worried about relying on Banner longer than this year. He is really doing the "bet on myself thing", so I dont think he is a long term solution unless it's at LT where we might open up the pocket book for him. So I would rather have the peace of mind with Feiler at RT for 3 years and only worry about 1 tackle spot - Banner or not. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the banner love ,maybe I'm wrong but when did he ever show LT potential? he was an extra TE , then beat out chuks for the RT spot (not exactly a giant victory and it was very close) ... Unless your talking maybe the price savings being a major plus 

But I'd rather have feiler at RT where he played very well for 1.5 years before being kicked inside by the coaching staff (mistake on their behalf)

Edited by Cbrunn
Link to post
Share on other sites

free-agent-spending.png

 

Annual reminder as spending FOMO kicks in. Teams that pay A+ money for B+ players tend to not do that well. Pays to be smarter in FA than it does to actually pay. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I have to think the interest in Feiler is about him playing tackle, but he's not really a guy you want starting. Especially if you are putting some big emphasis on fixing your ground game.

If he is starting at RT, I have less of an issue. If he is the LG, I have a major problem with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

I don't understand the banner love ,maybe I'm wrong but when did he ever show LT potential? he was an extra TE , then beat out chuks for the RT spot (not exactly a giant victory and it was very close) ... Unless your talking maybe the price savings being a major plus 

But I'd rather have feiler at RT where he played very well for 1.5 years before being kicked inside by the coaching staff (mistake on their behalf)

He’s looked very solid when on the field whether at RT or 5th O-Lineman. Also the fact that he beat out Chuks and then Chuks went on to have a really solid season should say something. Banner’s strength is run blocking and he’s certainly a better run blocker than Feiler. He’s got size and is a mauler and that’s exactly what we need on the right side. Combine all that with him being a fan favorite, a huge fan of Pittsburgh, being know for being a very hard worker, and being cheap and it’s not hard to see why people want him back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...