Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

Just now, warfelg said:

I can see them not signing RB since they thing McFarland and Snell are good depth and seem to like Etienne in the draft. 

There is no guarantee Etienne will be there, and they clearly view RB as a major need....and they typically dont go into the draft like that.

7 minutes ago, 43M said:

There is no guarantee Etienne will be there, and they clearly view RB as a major need....and they typically dont go into the draft like that.

Historically...lately though they have. Etienne or that UNC back will be there and they are both great fits. 

43 minutes ago, 43M said:

With the stigma against drafting RBs in the first I seriously doubt both Harris and Etienne will be gone at our pick. 

Jets at 23 and Phins at 18 would both have to go RB and I just don’t see that happening. Dolphins had plenty of opportunities to take a RB high last year and passed. I mean MAYBE the Cardinals at 16 if they lose Drake but they have too many holes to take a RB that high.

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

would this be a good yr to trade back?

Every year is. 

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

These players know damn well Ben's championship talk is exactly that, talk. So they might as well chase the money.

Yup. And not having the cap space. 

Just now, August4th said:

usually when teams keep their old QB for one last ride, they load up to help him. feels like we're doing the opposite lol

See above. 

Part of me wanted the Steelers to somehow be aggressive in FA especially since they have a ton of cap room next year(even with Watt and Minkah deals factoring in) so they coulda put some guaranteed $$ in the 2nd year of deals.

Adding a long term piece on the OL or another weapon like Golladay or Henry  woulda been really nice.