Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Free Agency as a Steelers fan is always frustrating but this year, after Ben played like absolute garbage in the playoffs its more frustrating than its ever been. We apparently have no cap space, he just signed an unproven Tackle to a "small wealth" contract and we are currently losing several players that helped get us to the playoffs in the first place with no likelihood of signing replacements that'll move the needle in any way. 

So far we lost a $16.5M OLB that we have 1 that is on the team better than him anyway (TJ) and his $15.5M cost savings replacement on roster (Highsmith).

A slot Corner, who I love, but is far more jack of all than a stud at any one thing whose replacement was signed to a deal that will probably see him re-upped as our starting LCB next year. Let's see what the contract is. 

A solid, not great RT who's replacement was already on roster and got paid really well for his skill level. 

Our starting NT who will play 30% of the snaps and will be 34 making way more than we should have paid. 

Guys.....we are jumping off bridges yet. Im not saying we are better with out them, but you can pretty much argue we are not giant leaps worse....

Edited by Dcash4
Added names for clarity. Didn't want someone to think I was saying Highsmith was better than Bud
  • Like 1

Just now, Cbrunn said:

Damien Williams is intriguing

As long as it wouldn't prevent us from taking Etienne or Harris in the first and it was very very very cheap I could be for that. He's sort of a one-trick pony but he is a really good pass catching RB. Might be the best wheel-route RB in the league. 

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

As long as it wouldn't prevent us from taking Etienne or Harris in the first and it was very very very cheap I could be for that. He's sort of a one-trick pony but he is a really good pass catching RB. Might be the best wheel-route RB in the league. 

I’d sign him and take RB off the list. Williams was the starter for the Chiefs his last year wasn’t he? I think he’d do well with a starter workload. He reminds me of Etienne actually.

52 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’d sign him and take RB off the list. Williams was the starter for the Chiefs his last year wasn’t he? I think he’d do well with a starter workload. He reminds me of Etienne actually.

Yea if the Steelers sign Damien Williams to be the answer at RB I would be extremely disappointed to say the least. I’m sorry to break it to you but Damien Williams is absolutely no where even close to Etienne’s level man...

Check out this 72 yard TD run again The U at 00:35. Turns what should be a 22 yard run into a 72 yard house call. That’s the type of player we are missing in our offense.

1 hour ago, Cbrunn said:

I wonder why adore Jackson was realeased ... I thought he was real good? 

The CB market looks loaded with talent some good players are going to be signed to some good deals

Overrated and the Titans were fine without him. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think he split in 2019 but can't think of with who 

Sat out in 2020 ... I'd see what he did do with an increased role. At worst he'd be a nice compliment to have