Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The hard part I have that is a lot of significant snaps to replace and so far I'm only comfortable with 2.5 of those replacement snaps (Sutton in a grown role, Dotson, Spillaine to an extent).

I’m confident in Highsmiths trajectory too.

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Zach Ertz has been granted permission to seek a trade. I’d take him here in a heartbeat. Very solid all around guy. Reminds me so much of Heath Miller. And would be a great complement to Ebron. 

Anyway they got the cap room? 

Without extending Nelson and decastro yet I don't think there anyway they could afford it

9 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Anyway they got the cap room? 

Without extending Nelson and decastro yet I don't think there anyway they could afford it

He's about $5mil going out.  About $4.3mil with roster displacement.  Tuitt can still get restructured.  Nelson deal can be done.  Boswell can be restructured.

40 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Zach Ertz has been granted permission to seek a trade. I’d take him here in a heartbeat. Very solid all around guy. Reminds me so much of Heath Miller. And would be a great complement to Ebron. 

No thank you. Ertz provides literally 0 YAC at this point in his career. He looked pretty washed last year. Giving up draft picks AND having to pay him? Plus I heard they are looking for a 3rd or 4th. Yea I’ll pass.

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

No thank you. Ertz provides literally 0 YAC at this point in his career. He looked pretty washed last year. Giving up draft picks AND having to pay him? Plus I heard they are looking for a 3rd or 4th. Yea I’ll pass.

Actually he’s ok not getting a new contract. And I’d give up a 4th for it. Without Juju we lack a sure handed possession pass catcher. Additionally he’s a good blocker at TE which we are sorely missing. 

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Yeah if that's the case give me JJ for the #2 role for cheaper and keep our picks 

And JJ was cut so wouldn't impact the comp pick game

Hilton signs for 4 years at $24M.....so $6M per......

.......that's extremely affordable....

I'm very pro-Sutton, but man that's a tough pill to swallow that Hilton's cost was only $6M per....

I was okay with bringing back Ben and making moves necessary to win, provided it was signing guys for the present that also had a future that we could afford. Hilton is a guy with a 4 year future, I just wasn't sure he would be affordable. That's affordable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

Hilton signs for 4 years at $24M.....so $6M per......

.......that's extremely affordable....

I'm very pro-Sutton, but man that's a tough pill to swallow that Hilton's cost was only $6M per....

I was okay with bringing back Ben and making moves necessary to win, provided it was signing guys for the present that also had a future that we could afford. Hilton is a guy with a 4 year future, I just wasn't sure he would be affordable. That's affordable. 

I think it's front loaded like 8 mil the 1st year 

And honestly I'd rather Sutton always thought he should get more time ... Give me the cover guy every time over the blitzer 

Now I may eat my words if Sutton doesn't do well this year but I'd take Sutton for 2 mill less every day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

There goes John Brown to the Raiders. That’s someone I was hoping we could get for cheap on the 2nd wave of signings.

I'm ok leave Juju on the market for longer , drives his price down for a return here

I think a lot of fans are going to be disappointed come draft time ... most fans expect like first 3 or 4 picks on RB and oline

They are going to take an edge either 1 or 2 

My guess is 

RB / Edge 

Edge / RB  

Sprinkle ILB in there somewhere