Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

Okay, now someones gotta talk to me about Nelson? I gotta imagine he was in their pipeline to extend. My guess is they don't think he is worth the money he was asking for?

If he wants top money, good luck succeeding on that contract. I have really liked Nelson, and want him long term, but he is an improved sum of the parts.....not a standalone stud. If he wanted $16M+, I guess take the picks and run....

But this conversation had to happen NOW?

Edited by Dcash4

Just now, Dcash4 said:

Okay, not someones gotta talk to me about Nelson? I gotta imagine he was in their pipeline to extend. My guess is they don't think he is worth the money he was asking for?

If he wants top money, good luck succeeding on that contract. I have really liked Nelson, and want him long term, but he is an improved sum of the parts.....not a standalone stud. If he wanted $16M+, I guess take the picks and run....

But this conversation had to happen NOW?

Yea it’s kinda weird....1st the news of Nelson abs then boom Juju back at literally the same $$$ trading or cutting Nelson saves.

Not a fan unless they thought Nelson wanted stupid $$$ and thought it best to get assets for this upcoming year.

Tuitt restructure woulda got them $4 mill abs I’m sure they coulda found another $4 mill somehow...maybe Nelson was a big distraction behind the scenes? IDK.

Yeah, Im sorry if the choice came down to Nelson or Haden -- we made the wrong freaking choice. Haden better BALLLLLLLL. 

If they made the decision because Nelson wanted to 5 money (and after reposting a PFF tweet stating of where they had him ranked, that could ver much be it)....then we will have to wait and see. 

Did the contract breakdown come out for JuJu? I would be incredibly surprised if they just are planning an $8M for $8M swap of Nelson and JuJu. Losing Nelson means having to do something more. We need his cash. 

Joe Haden is about to be 32 in April.

Steven Nelson is 28.

You've sucked at drafting CB's. You've excelled at drafting WR's.

Of course you shop or cut the younger guy to make room for one more year of the possession receiver.

Dumbest decision by the team since, well, it's been a while.

2 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Joe Haden is about to be 32 in April.

Steven Nelson is 28.

You've sucked at drafting CB's. You've excelled at drafting WR's.

Of course you shop or cut the younger guy to make room for one more year of the possession receiver.

Dumbest decision by the team since, well, it's been a while.

This