Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

Honestly the thing I liked about Dupree is he kept improving. He rightfully got criticized his first couple years but he turned it around. Remember when some were crying because we picked up his 5th year option? Good times. Hope he actually amounts to something for the Titans. Be a shame if he went the way of LaMarr Woodley.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AFF said:

Nelson officially cut...saves $8 mill....what’s left on FA market?

Ultimately there’s enough there to fill the void, but now the problem becomes if you did make this move for cost cutting....what the hell did you plan on paying to replace it? 

do you really believe in Layne and Pierre? Was Hilton really too expensive? 

I’ll be honest, I haven’t really cared about any of the individual loses to this point...but this one makes no sense. The timing, the player, the cost...none of it. 

10 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Ultimately there’s enough there to fill the void, but now the problem becomes if you did make this move for cost cutting....what the hell did you plan on paying to replace it? 

do you really believe in Layne and Pierre? Was Hilton really too expensive? 

I’ll be honest, I haven’t really cared about any of the individual loses to this point...but this one makes no sense. The timing, the player, the cost...none of it. 

Yea I’m not understanding the timing either the more I think about it.

If it was just a straight cap move, why not do it before FA?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

How good is he?

He had an incredible 2019 season. Play fell off a tad last year but was still very very solid for a #2 CB. Always rated very well by PFF. But he’s a good #2, I don’t know how well he would fare as a #1 CB. He also benefitted greatly from playing behind a stacked front 7 and a secondary that included Joe Haden and Minkah Fitzpatrick. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

He had an incredible 2019 season. Play fell off a tad last year but was still very very solid for a #2 CB. Always rated very well by PFF. But he’s a good #2, I don’t know how well he would fare as a #1 CB. He also benefitted greatly from playing behind a stacked front 7 and a secondary that included Joe Haden and Minkah Fitzpatrick. 

Beat ya, old man

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AFF said:

Yea I’m not understanding the timing either the more I think about it.

If it was just a straight cap move, why not do it before FA?

Exactly. If you wanted to trade him, why wait until a week into free agency when teams have already made commitments. The Giants didn’t know Adoree would be available 2 weeks ago, why not offer then? 

Im expecting some sort of move now. There almost had to be. There’s no other team specific reason for this. If there isn’t a signing in a day or so or we use that money to bring back Al...I will be very pissed. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AFF said:

Nelson officially cut...saves $8 mill....what’s left on FA market?

My wishlist: Jesse James, Austin Reiter, Nickel Roby-Coleman, K’waun Williams

There’s a ton of vet CBs I wouldn’t mind kicking the tires on.

I just really really hope we aren’t planning on bringing back AV or Conner but I have a bad feeling both may end up brought back on cheap deals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

My wishlist: Jesse James, Austin Reiter, Nickel Roby-Coleman, K’waun Williams

There’s a ton of vet CBs I wouldn’t mind kicking the tires on.

I just really really hope we aren’t planning on bringing back AV or Conner but I have a bad feeling both may end up brought back on cheap deals.

I would’ve really liked mike davis for the 2/$5.5 mill he just signed with Atlanta