Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

Fichtner had to go, feel a little bad for Sarrett though. I thought he probably did a decent job, but is going to get dragged down with a sinking ship of an OC. 

My personal hope is an outside hire. Kinda forces Ben's hand too. Its the new OC's offense, get on board or thanks for the memories. Aaron Rogers didn't like PA either, but ended this year with 21 PA TD's (let's just ignore than Aaron is 10x the athlete Ben is at this stage). 

I dont think analytics are the be all end all, but I want a new OC who does ultimately use it to help drive decision making. Tomlin's "gut" calling is so old school and has haunted us as of late. Would just really like some new eyes and ideas moving forward. 

3 hours ago, kurgan said:

Adapt or die, fellas.

just retire, no need to die 🦕

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

I can see us being interested

better make sure it's ok with ben, we don't want to hear him whining about retiring after he gets his new deal 

seems like some  of our coaches are wanting to move on, I don't blame them. 

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

I will add one more to my OC list Bill Callahan - OL Coach - Cleveland Browns.  Kills 2 birds with one stone.

Of course, but why would they let him go and why would he leave , especially to be here? Am I missing some information , because I wouldn't leave a team on the rise to go to a sinking ship captained by a QB that has to have his way that can't/won't throw downfield, go under center and will whine if he doesn't get his way.

53 minutes ago, jebrick said:

To move up to OC

could he be OC and find a good OL coach  that  is comparable to him as OL ?  Like you said, sign him away from the browns, it helps break them down too. The Browns could be a playoff team for years, may as well do something about it?

Coaches leave winning teams all the time for losers.  Look at Saleh leaving SF for the Jets.  Any of the NE coaches during their run.  Happens all the time.  There are only 32 OC positions available and when one comes open and you get an offer, I would be stunned if they turned it down

I dont want Anthony Lynn.   Wasnt a good head coach and was never even a particularly good OC.    Rather have Pep Hamilton....much more upside.

Bill Callahan is a nice option.   OC, OL coach and hurts the Browns...trifecta!