Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

On 3/30/2021 at 5:13 AM, 43M said:

Because he is arrogant and acts like he knows more than he does.   I cant count how many times he has been wrong over the past.    Im not saying he doesnt have inside sources, but he cant stand when other beat writers and insiders have info he doesnt have and seems to make stuff up.

Beyond that, he used to have chats (maybe he still does) or respond to fans/readers in his comments sections and he would insult them if they questioned him or called him out.

EDIT....derp, just realized you were asking about Madden.   Sorry.

The easy answer is....what ISNT there to hate about Mark Madden?

Mark Madden is one of the most unlikable people out there IMO.    He is essentially everything I said about Douchette x100, plus he has laughable double standards and is a hypocrite of the highest order.      He selectively chooses who to attack without having all the facts, but will defend certain people/players for pretty much the exact same things.  He has made tasteless comments about numerous athletes.  He says things just to get a rise, and while I realize he is trying to be a shock jock type, shock jocks are successful when they are entertaining.   Madden isnt entertaining....he is just a fat, loud slob who thinks he knows everything and will lie about everyone who calls out his BS.

If you really want to get a good idea of what makes Madden so awful, listen to numerous wrestling insiders, especially Jim Cornette.   I dont agree with Cornette on everything, but I right on board with him when it comes to Madden the Hutt. 

I couldnt disagree more about the Jim Cornette/Mark Madden feud.  Cornette called Madden's house and got his mother.  When she informed him Madden wasnt there Cornette said, "See if you can take the blank's blank out of your mouth and take a message for me."  The first blank is a racial slur.   I was afraid of even providing a censored version of those two words in order to avoid being banned.

28 minutes ago, DR43 said:

I couldnt disagree more about the Jim Cornette/Mark Madden feud.  Cornette called Madden's house and got his mother.  When she informed him Madden wasnt there Cornette said, "See if you can take the blank's blank out of your mouth and take a message for me."  The first blank is a racial slur.   I was afraid of even providing a censored version of those two words in order to avoid being banned.

Is there audio evidence of that, or is that just a claim Madden made?   

Not really trying to defend Cornette...he is a loud mouthed idiot too, but regardless, Madden is insufferable and I still agree with most of Cornettes assessment, even if he is garbage himself.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 43M said:

Is there audio evidence of that, or is that just a claim Madden made?   

Not really trying to defend Cornette...he is a loud mouthed idiot too, but regardless, Madden is insufferable and I still agree with most of Cornettes assessment, even if he is garbage himself.

How would there be audio evidence?  

Do you feel Madden's claim is fabricated?  

42 minutes ago, DR43 said:

How would there be audio evidence?  

Do you feel Madden's claim is fabricated?  

I was just asking if there was.   People have recorded phone calls before, so I didnt know if there was a recording or something.

Im not saying if it is or isnt fabricated.  I have no proof one way or the other.  Its Madden's word vs Cornette.   I wouldnt be shocked either way TBH.

I dont like either guy.    The biggest difference is that, occasionally, Cornette is entertaining is his loud mouthed rants.    Ive never found Madden remotely entertaining.    Not saying that makes Cornette a better person or anything....just that I can listen to him for more than a few minutes without wanting to gauge my eyes out.

Regardless of Cornette....Ive listened to and read garbage Madden has said for years, and alot of my feelings have been echoed by others, both regular people like me and people who actually knew him at one point.

I have no issue if people like or follow Madden.    I dont get it....but to each their own. 

Edited by 43M

9 hours ago, 43M said:

I was just asking if there was.   People have recorded phone calls before, so I didnt know if there was a recording or something.

Im not saying if it is or isnt fabricated.  I have no proof one way or the other.  Its Madden's word vs Cornette.   I wouldnt be shocked either way TBH.

I dont like either guy.    The biggest difference is that, occasionally, Cornette is entertaining is his loud mouthed rants.    Ive never found Madden remotely entertaining.    Not saying that makes Cornette a better person or anything....just that I can listen to him for more than a few minutes without wanting to gauge my eyes out.

Regardless of Cornette....Ive listened to and read garbage Madden has said for years, and alot of my feelings have been echoed by others, both regular people like me and people who actually knew him at one point.

I have no issue if people like or follow Madden.    I dont get it....but to each their own. 

To my knowledge, there is no other side to it.  Cornette never denied it.

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

To my knowledge, there is no other side to it.  Cornette never denied it.

The fact that Cornette never denied it doesnt really mean anything.

Again, I dont know if it happened or not.      No way of knowing how true it is unless there is evidence or Cornette CONFIRMS it.    All I will say is that Mark Madden isnt someone who I would take at just his word.

The bottom line is I cant stand anything about Mark Madden, and even if you take Jim Cornette and anyone else's opinions about him out of the conversation, I feel the exact same way for reasons I have already mentioned.  

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

If you want me too, I can tell you about the time he clapped back with a “all you got is fat” as a comeback and a Steeler offered to pay for a bet. 

Ha....for sure.

Madden targeting someone due to their weight seems like an...odd decision.

28 minutes ago, 43M said:

Ha....for sure.

Madden targeting someone due to their weight seems like an...odd decision.

So we had a back and forth for a while and I made a quip “must be hard to see stats under that quad chin.”

He goes “always comes back to fat”

So I responded with “I’m no skinny b myself but at least I’m trying.” 

James Harrison DMed us offering a prize to the first of us for who could lose 10% of their weight first. Well I should say me, because I think Madden has JH blocked too. 

• Like 1