Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

So we had a back and forth for a while and I made a quip “must be hard to see stats under that quad chin.”

He goes “always comes back to fat”

So I responded with “I’m no skinny b myself but at least I’m trying.” 

James Harrison DMed us offering a prize to the first of us for who could lose 10% of their weight first. Well I should say me, because I think Madden has JH blocked too. 

Nice!   

Another reason not to like Madden is that, despite all the trash he talks, he has to block people from hurting his fragile ego.   Not against blocking trolls, but Madden is a greasy troll himself.

Glanced over the FA list of guys available today and there are still a lot of interesting 1 year type rentals available. My thought is that a lot of teams, us included, may be waiting until post draft to make some of the moves in order to maintain their comp picks for 1 year rentals. 

Also, every day Steven Nelson stays on this list makes the move look pretty justified. 

Also, Also -- how is Ross Cockrell ONLY 30? I feel like he was a Steeler 10 years ago...

Edited by Dcash4

On 4/1/2021 at 6:16 AM, warfelg said:

Literally 2 months ago when he said TJ skipped his exit interview. 

How do you know that wasnt true?  I'm not saying youre wrong I just want to know what you heard.

16 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Tulsa had it's pro day today. I thought Zaven Collins put up some pretty good numbers. Not blazing for a 40, but good for that size. Good Vert too. We'll see if TomBert was there. 

Sure hope we dont draft him.  We got far bigger needs.

You can honestly go back quite a few pages and read about it. It’s not even worth rehashing a story and narrative a shock jock tried to push. Kolby, Bouchette, Dulac, heck even national reporters like Rapaport, Schefter, and Glazer said there wasn’t anything there. 

Hell I stopped reading or listening to any “news” he reported since the day he admitted being a heel and being like Skip Bayless was better for his brand than trying to actually report and win a Pulitzer. As far as I’m concerned he’s a failed C-level wrestling commentator trolling his was to D-level talk radio celebrity. 

Here is my newest mock:
1. Travis Etienne, RB Clemson
2. Creed Humphrey, Center Oklahoma
3. Levi Onwuzurike, NT Washington
4a. Chris Rumph II, EDGE, Duke
4b. Cary Angeline, TE North Carolina
6a. Camryn Bynum, CB California 
7a. Dicaprio Bootle, CB Nebraska
7b. Osirus Mitchell, WR Mississippi State

3 hours ago, DR43 said:

Sure hope we dont draft him.  We got far bigger needs.

Tomlin and Colbert weren’t at his pro day which I’m pretty sure basically eliminates him from being the pick and in my opinion eliminates LB from being the first considered in the first. If they were seriously targeting a LB in the first you would think they would have been there.

At this point I would be surprised if this draft doesn’t fall

1. RB/OL

2. RB/OL

3. ILB/EDGE/TE

4. ILB/EDGE/TE

4. ILB/EDGE/TE

21 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Tomlin and Colbert weren’t at his pro day which I’m pretty sure basically eliminates him from being the pick and in my opinion eliminates LB from being the first considered in the first. If they were seriously targeting a LB in the first you would think they would have been there.

At this point I would be surprised if this draft doesn’t fall

1. RB/OL

2. RB/OL

3. ILB/EDGE/TE

4. ILB/EDGE/TE

4. ILB/EDGE/TE

I honestly wouldn’t be too shocked with a CB in the 1st. 

56 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I honestly wouldn’t be too shocked with a CB in the 1st. 

Yea Tombert has been at a few 1st rd CB possible pro days(Ga and FSU)...personally Samuel is my dark horse pick in the 1st.

Thryve been on a numbers of ILBs though...I think they’re adding one in the 1st 4 rounds the more I look at things.

10 minutes ago, AFF said:

Yea Tombert has been at a few 1st rd CB possible pro days(Ga and FSU)...personally Samuel is my dark horse pick in the 1st.

Thryve been on a numbers of ILBs though...I think they’re adding one in the 1st 4 rounds the more I look at things.

I’m mostly against drafting defense in the first but I could definitely live with ASJ. One thing to note on him is FSU mostly had a non-existent pass rush his entire career. He’s undersized but is a dog and he could play in the slot until Haden retires. Not afraid to hit and very very sticky in coverage. He had 3 picks in the first 3 games last year and then teams just started completely avoiding him.