2020 Divisional: #6 Cleveland Browns vs. #1 KC Chiefs

MWil23

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

KC's run defense will be heavily challenged. Stefanski called a good game against them last year with Minnesota, but couldn't finish it out.

This could be a very interesting game. No bad time management Andy!

Chiefs were also without Mahomes in that game if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

Tried-and-true formula for beating a high-powered offense...keep them standing on the sidelines. 

Occasionally it works and it's beautiful. Giants vs Bills is one of my fave Super Bowls ever. 

True, keep him on the sideline. The good part is that hopefully Bitonio and Conklin are back healthy because the Browns certainly have the horses on the ground to make that happen.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Is it weird to blame the Steelers for these matchups this week. I think this will be a cake walk for the Chiefs going in to the AFCC and likely the Superbowl. Both Bills and Ravens will have had 2 hard fought games that will come down to the wire while KC gets the bye and then a Browns team that won based on the Steelers beating themselves. Yes the Browns had some adversity with out a coach and they managed to win last night not because they were the better team but rather they were there at the right time with a crumbling steelers team. I am sure people will root for the underdog in Browns and as a Bills fan I can relate but to me there is in no way Browns hang with this team. Mahomes wont be giving up 4 turnovers, Andy Reid wont be punting the ball on 4th and 1 or punting on the opponents 40. Browns arent facing a better tik tok dancer then wr corps, they will have a legit te to defend, and an overall run game. Steelers made up the mind of resting players instead of playing starters to knock out a divisional rival in week 17 and tomlin should catch more heat then Pederson just got for benching hurts then being let go for what he did. Week 17 had divisional games as their are meaning to them more so then a non-divisional/conference game for a reason. So not only did you rest players week 17 allowing the browns to get in to the playoffs but you got outplayed and outcoached on your own field a week later by the same team you could have prevented from making the playoffs.

No, it's normal. Personally, I blame the Steelers.

Really happy for Browns fans and that the pummelled the Steelers. I think this weekend is going to be very difficult though, but it should be an entertaining game. Probably the highest scoring of the weekend.

• All year long people have been saying this narrative about keeping Mahomes on the sidelines, multi-play, long clock-draining drives. However the Chiefs can score so quickly that none of that stuff matters. The most important thing is not settling for field goals and converting on 4th down when your pushed to go for it.
  • I think the Browns put up 21-27 points, however the Browns secondary is not very good and Mahomes is the best QB in the league (or the 2nd/3rd best this season if you want to be pendantic about it). Browns fan convince me otherwise; I just don't see how the Chiefs don't put up 30+ on Sunday.
  • The Falcons game was a bit of an abberation, even in their "slow last 6 weeks", the Chiefs put up  35 (Jets), 27 (Bucs), 22 (Broncos), 33 (Dolphins), 32 (Saints) and 17 (Falcons). I'm ignoring the Chargers game in Week 17. Browns are gonna need plays made by individuals again much like the Falcons, because their defence is probably better only than the Jets and Falcons of that list. The Saints and Dolphins defences played amazing and ended up giving up 33 and 32 respectively.
  • The last thing the Browns can afford is to go down 14 and have to veer away from the run game. Need Chubb/Hunt to be a factor as long as possible.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I don’t mean this as a dig in anyway.   

But how is this personal lol,  he did kind of do it to himself.  

If I were Hunt and I'd been fired for a comparatively tame piece of CCTV footage, whilst Tyreek Hill get's to stay on the team, I'd be pretty annoyed.

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

If I were Hunt and I'd been fired for a comparatively tame piece of CCTV footage, whilst Tyreek Hill get's to stay on the team, I'd be pretty annoyed.

I think the difference from the Chiefs perspective, is Kareem was not up front about what happened.  He lied, and when the footage came out it looked worse.   As opposed to Hill who was up front, with the Front Office, about what happened,   And what was being said that did not happen.   

Not trying to get into this ordeal,  but the lying about it initially is what got him released.  I am happy Kareem has continued to roll and stay out of trouble though.  

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

KC's run defense will be heavily challenged. Stefanski called a good game against them last year with Minnesota, but couldn't finish it out.

This could be a very interesting game. No bad time management Andy!

Since you bring it up, the Chiefs played Minnesota in 2019. Dalvin Cook was 21 carries for 71 yards and a 3.38 Y/C average. Do you think the Browns running game is better than the Vikings?

• Like 1