2020 Divisional: #6 Cleveland Browns vs. #1 KC Chiefs

MWil23

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

25 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I think the difference from the Chiefs perspective, is Kareem was not up front about what happened.  He lied, and when the footage came out it looked worse.   As opposed to Hill who was up front, with the Front Office, about what happened,   And what was being said that did not happen.   

Not trying to get into this ordeal,  but the lying about it initially is what got him released.  I am happy Kareem has continued to roll and stay out of trouble though.  

That's it exactly. Hill owned it and Hunt tried to lie his way out of it. 

J

12 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

That's it exactly. Hill owned it and Hunt tried to lie his way out of it. 

J

If there was a video of Hill doing what is “claimed” there’s absolutely no way he’d be in the NFL...

Ray Rice was a two game suspension before video evidence. 

Videos make the public want blood.

• Like 2

ok guys 

some stats

Cleveland is 9 wins1 loss when Mayfield has a 90 qb ranking I will call it right now

Mayfield will have a 135 qb Ranking against KC

Point 2 Kansas city is dead last in stopping the run.

Hill this game if Ward is healthy this will be the first game that we will have

Phillips,Ward,Harrison, and Mitchell in the game at the same time.

Cleveland has scored 40 plus points against Pittsburgh and Baltimore

Furthermore they rushed for 200 plus yards against those 2 teams.

Prediction Browns will have 300 yards rushing against KC

3 Mayfield sense October 31 is everybody bit as good as Mahomes

also KC has surrendered 38 and 40points to 2 none playoff teams.

prediction Browns roll 48 to 38

best bet take Cleveland plus the 10

Edited by mtmmike
misspelled

7 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The Chiefs controlled Tennessee's running game last year, so it's a tall order. I don't expect them to hand over three TD like Pittsburgh did or like the Chiefs gave to Houston last year. 

Difference IMO is the Browns RBs have more versatility and are more difficult to take down behind the LOS. Henry might be better than both backs once he’s past the LOS, he doesn’t have the same contact balance and wiggle they have behind the LOS.

With the Titans rushing attack, if you stop Henry in the backfield, you stop their run game. With the Browns they have both Chubb, who is on Henry’s level and Hunt who is still a top 10-12 talent. You run blitz too often and both RBs are very good in the screen game. So they’re more capable of being used in the short passing attack to be an extension of their run game.

Plus the Chiefs run defense is worse than last years iteration as well. Perhaps them being rested will help early and it’ll allow them to build a lead that removes the rushing threat some, but if not... the Browns offer too much. IMO they’re the more difficult run game to stop because of all they can throw at you.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

2020- 31st run DVOA, +2.6%
2019- 26th run DVOA, -0.07%

Fewer YPA, fewer yards allowed.

I'm going to be honest, I'm getting tired of people acting like DVOA is a default, universally accepted best stat for everything. When someone says a run D got worse, I'm not thinking DVOA. I'm thinking oh, we must have allowed more yards or more yards per play or more touchdowns or something.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

If there was a video of Hill doing what is “claimed” there’s absolutely no way he’d be in the NFL...

Ray Rice was a two game suspension before video evidence. 

Videos make the public want blood.

Reasonable, but Hunt could have survived what was on the video if he was the one bringing it forward. You're right that videos get public impact, but the one in Hunt's case was relatively tame.  

19 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Difference IMO is the Browns RBs have more versatility and are more difficult to take down behind the LOS. Henry might be better than both backs once he’s past the LOS, he doesn’t have the same contact balance and wiggle they have behind the LOS.

With the Titans rushing attack, if you stop Henry in the backfield, you stop their run game. With the Browns they have both Chubb, who is on Henry’s level and Hunt who is still a top 10-12 talent. You run blitz too often and both RBs are very good in the screen game. So they’re more capable of being used in the short passing attack to be an extension of their run game.

Plus the Chiefs run defense is worse than last years iteration as well. Perhaps them being rested will help early and it’ll allow them to build a lead that removes the rushing threat some, but if not... the Browns offer too much. IMO they’re the more difficult run game to stop because of all they can throw at you.

Cleveland's two headed rushing attack is potent, but its 50 yards per game shy of Baltimore, who the Chiefs played. The Ravens had 158 yards, 33 short of their average, and 97 yards were by Lamar Jackson. Don't kid yourself that Chubb is on Henry's level. He's good but not that good. The Chiefs defense improved six positions in Y/G rankings compared to last season. It's hard to make the case that it is similar to last year, much less that it is worse. I see that you argue DVOA, but that's weak. 

The bottom line is that the Chiefs defense and the Browns offense are both right in the middle of the league. it will be interesting how things go when Cleveland has the ball. The Browns defense very comparable to their offense, but the Chiefs offense is a bit better. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Fewer YPA, fewer yards allowed.

I'm going to be honest, I'm getting tired of people acting like DVOA is a default, universally accepted best stat for everything. When someone says a run D got worse, I'm not thinking DVOA. I'm thinking oh, we must have allowed more yards or more yards per play or more touchdowns or something.

Are we back to KC can’t stop the run?  It’s like deja vu from last year, yet we stopped it last year. 

I don’t really pay attention to DVOA,  but I highly doubt it takes into account the amount of times we are playing with a lead and don’t care as much about the run. 

Edited by samsel23
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

2020- 31st run DVOA, +2.6%
2019- 26th run DVOA, -0.07%

DVOA doesn’t talk about a decimated LB Corp to end the year, I think at one point we were playing a DT at LB week 17.

They should theoretically all be healthy and good to go on Sunday. Which Should help the run defense a little bit 

Edited by Chiefer

31 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm going to be honest, I'm getting tired of people acting like DVOA is a default, universally accepted best stat for everything.

It should be. It accounts for every stat you can possibly bring and then adjusts for quality of opponent and normalized relative to every other team.

• Like 2