2020 Divisional: #6 Cleveland Browns vs. #1 KC Chiefs

MWil23

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Wanted to post this here. Baker would surpass lebron in Cleveland if he won a super bowl. I’m being 100% serious.

The Steelers game was more watched than our NBA Finals win and game 7 of our World Series against the Cubs (in Cleveland). That was a freaking wild card game.

26 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

Fortunately our first team all pro DB is pretty versatile and can be both 'in the box' or outside it on the same play. Also we have 2nd team all pro defensive tackle that allows us to be more diverse with what our (returning) LBs have to do. 

Ya'll make it sound like KC's defense is an all time dud

no just if they try to sell out on the run they can and will probably get burnt in the pass game.

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

There's a lot wrong with this post

(1) it's not paywalled

(2) just because we've always done something doesn't mean we always should. I think cars are better at getting around than horses.

(3) using yards to, as a standalone, to rank ANYTHING in the NFL is just...bad

(4) you should read up more on DVOA and become part of the solution and advocate for it rather than denigrate it. You'll feel better about it lol

And this is a lot of you missing the point. I'm not saying that yards is better than DVOA. Or anything, really. Just that you're being deliberately unclear using a stat as a ranking that isn't commonly accepted as the default, without specifying. Maybe someday DVOA rankings will be, but until then, for simple clarity and transparency, if referring to DVOA, one should say so. Dont say the #6 team in the league, say the 6th best team per DVOA. It is not a complicated or controversial ask.

12 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

And this is a lot of you missing the point. I'm not saying that yards is better than DVOA. Or anything, really. Just that you're being deliberately unclear using a stat as a ranking that isn't commonly accepted as the default, without specifying. Maybe someday DVOA rankings will be, but until then, for simple clarity and transparency, if referring to DVOA, one should say so. Dont say the #6 team in the league, say the 6th best team per DVOA. It is not a complicated or controversial ask.

I'm not being deliberately unclear. DVOA has been used and discussed on here in depth for like a decade...maybe you need to venture out more!

Never experienced any pushback like this about DVOA since I joined the site in 2007 lol. It's the gold standard.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not being deliberately unclear. DVOA has been used and discussed on here in depth for like a decade...maybe you need to venture out more!

Never experienced any pushback like this about DVOA since I joined the site in 2007 lol. It's the gold standard.

Or you could maybe down the snark level a couple notches. Just a thought. I recall @onejayhawk asking you for a link regarding you're vague DVOA statement and you told him to "Google it you lazy bum" or something to that effect. Maybe don't be a snob about it? 🤷

37 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Or you could maybe down the snark level a couple notches. Just a thought. I recall @onejayhawk asking you for a link regarding you're vague DVOA statement and you told him to "Google it you lazy bum" or something to that effect. Maybe don't be a snob about it? 🤷

he's a troll

i've linked DVOA already in this thread (I think). I do it so often it's hard to remember. Anyone who is genuinely curious I have good discussions with.

On 1/12/2021 at 6:34 AM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Works for me.  Last night, I thought we were playing with house money.  

Next Sunday, I think we're playing with neighborhood money.  

dating app GIF

We may not win, but we're there, and Pittsburgh isn't on their way to Buffalo.  

i'll take it tv land GIF by YoungerTV

I literally are playing with house money. Put $10 on us to beat the Steelers. The $30 I won is going on us again!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Fortunately our first team all pro DB is pretty versatile and can be both 'in the box' or outside it on the same play. Also we have 2nd team all pro defensive tackle that allows us to be more diverse with what our (returning) LBs have to do. 

Ya'll make it sound like KC's defense is an all time dud

Which one? KC has all pro DBs at like 6 different positions.

• Like 2

KC with ease.

Browns COULD make it a game if they can run the ball with the best RB in the league in Nick Chubb and sprinkle in Kareem Hunt now and again. But its hard to do that for 4 quarters against the best team in the league, Oh ya and Patty Cakes on the other side of the ball makes things a tad harder too.

It doesn't matter how good KC's offence is relative to the Browns defence. They can only score a maximum of eight points per drive.

We just have to do the same. Mahomes has more turnover worthy plays than Baker over the last couple of months. That's our win condition if the Chiefs are truly taking us seriously.

Really looking forward to an actual challenge as we certainly didn't get one last week.

• Like 1