2020 Divisional: #6 Cleveland Browns vs. #1 KC Chiefs

MWil23

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Browns are playing with house money and have nothing to lose.

Chiefs weren't looking very good going into the playoffs and Mahomes wasn't playing all that well, BUT Andy Reid with a bye week is basically Superman.

This is going to be either a fun game or a KC blowout.

Welp, Ward and Kevin Johnson are both back this week so at least we wont be playing with UDFA practice squad CBs this week like we were against the Steelers

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I disagree, I think the Browns have more to lose. Winning this game would really help change the direction of this team for the rest of the playoffs and the future. If they lose no one will say man, KC really played great and beat a great team. The discussion will be how its the Browns blah blah blah. But if the Browns win it really solidifies how much this team has grown this year and they have enough talent to win it all. 

Just now, JDD said:

I disagree, I think the Browns have more to lose. Winning this game would really help change the direction of this team for the rest of the playoffs and the future. If they lose no one will say man, KC really played great and beat a great team. The discussion will be how its the Browns blah blah blah. But if the Browns win it really solidifies how much this team has grown this year and they have enough talent to win it all. 

I don't think so at all. I think if the Browns lose it'll be "Oh well, they lost to the KC buzzsaw"

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Joel Bitonio is also expected to come off the covid list tomorrow and play too.

Just need Jack Conklin to be healthy. I’ve read the coaches are being cautious with him.

TBH, I'd baby Conklin. We just need him ready to go Sunday. Let him ride a bike, get treatment, and hopefully come 3:05 Sunday he's good to go.

59 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Chiefs weren't looking very good going into the playoffs and Mahomes wasn't playing all that well, BUT Andy Reid with a bye week is basically Superman.

This is going to be either a fun game or a KC blowout.

I could see Andy Reid having come up with a buzzsaw of a gameplan and destroying Cleveland, while putting whoever wins in the Buffalo/Baltimore game on high alert, having finally found that "on" switch come playoff time.

I could also see KC come out just a little bit sloppy/rusty with having rested a lot of guys Week 17 too.

That "rest vs. rust" argument is always an interesting one.

I see it probably something like 45-28 KC...but if it's within a possession in the 3rd Quarter, then that'll be very interesting indeed!

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I could see Andy Reid having come up with a buzzsaw of a gameplan and destroying Cleveland, while putting whoever wins in the Buffalo/Baltimore game on high alert, having finally found that "on" switch come playoff time.

I could also see KC come out just a little bit sloppy/rusty with having rested a lot of guys Week 17 too.

That "rest vs. rust" argument is always an interesting one.

I see it probably something like 45-28 KC...but if it's within a possession in the 3rd Quarter, then that'll be very interesting indeed!

I think I speak for us both when I say anything less than Poop Game v2 is a disappointment.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think I speak for us both when I say anything less than Poop Game v2 is a disappointment.

LOL

Well, the odds of a Covid outbreak on either team after the last 6-8 weeks would be the least likely scenario if that were to present itself.

Roger Goodell playing the long game by forcing the Browns and Ravens to play through Covid outbreaks.

200.gif

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah, but this time it'll be Baker who's gotta poop and comes back to lead us to the Super Bowl! 😎

On 1/12/2021 at 11:08 AM, onejayhawk said:

I call BS.

There may be an argument to made that the Ravens are not the #1 rushing team. Fine. They are still a noticeably better rushing team than the Browns. If the Chiefs merely held them to their average at the time, then they held a better rushing unit than the Browns to their average. If the best you can say is that the opponent held a better team to their average, what does that suggest about your chances?

If an example is interchangeable with several others, then it isn't cherry picking, it's exemplifying. Rewatch the Super Bowl. Mostert was coming off a 200 yard game. There is the AFC championship against Tennessee. Earlier in the season it was Minnesota when Cook was leading the league in rushing. This season it's Baltimore, New England and New Orleans.  Baltimore is just the highest ranked. 

The Chiefs have been prone to giving up yards on the ground when they hold a lead, which is a lot of the time. That is a choice by the DC and Spagnuolo has done it consistently his whole time in KC. When the game plan needed to be oriented toward controlling the running game, they have been able to do that.

J

Did you miss the part where the Chiefs were giving up major yards on the ground BEFORE they went up?

Or did you miss the part where their YPC numbers weren’t average? They were well below average?

So cherry picking the YPG numbers make little sense. Other stats provided a clearer picture than the YPG number. The only reason the Ravens YPG number was that low, in that game, was because they were down by 3 scores and abandoned the run for like 1 1/2 quarters. Not because “the Chiefs were up and they didn’t care to stop the run”. 

If the Browns don’t turn the ball over (like we did) and can execute a quality 3rd down offense, they can continue to run the ball all game... if your Ravens game comparison were to hold some level of merit.
——

And before a Chiefs fan claims I’m saying you can’t stop the run, nope, I’m claiming the Browns rushing attack isn’t the same as the Titans or even the Vikings. They don’t rely on just one RB to carry the attack. They have different RB styles they can go to which keeps a defense on its feet. Their RBs also are more versatile as pass catchers than the Titans with Henry.

Point is, the Browns offer more variance in how they can either run the ball or use their RBs in other ways to use their short passing/screen attack as an extension of their running game.

Will they slow down the Browns rushing attack? Possibly. But that will depend on Baker’s ability to elevate the pass game. If Baker can continue to find ways to get the RBs involved in the passing attack and spread the love to the other guys, keying in on the Browns rushing attack becomes a more difficult challenge. Suddenly run blitzes can torch you if Baker is exposing the areas you vacate.

If the rushing attack gets 3.8 YPC that’s still good enough to get Baker into 3rd and very manageable situations. And the more he can keep the Chiefs defense on the field, the more difficult it will be to stop TWO powerful running backs in the second half.
——

Though all that might not even matter because Mahomes might torch that secondary and build a quick 21 point cushion if the Browns aren’t firing on all cylinders from the jump.