2020 Divisional: #6 Cleveland Browns vs. #1 KC Chiefs

MWil23

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

What it feels like getting everybody back after COVID nuked our team last month.

I haven’t watched this full scene since the movie came out (I like to wait a couple years before rewatching) and like in the theaters, this brought a tear to my eye. Such a powerful scene.

But yes, it’ll be interesting to see if getting guys back from covid will deliver the Browns an additional boost as it has done for all the other teams who have experience such.

Could help, in part, to negate “some” of the advantage KC has coming off of a bye.

Honestly, I find this game to be incredibly exciting. Just as exciting as the Bills/Ravens game... because we really haven’t seen the Browns on all cylinders yet this season. Even with the Ravens game, MG was still dealing with aftereffects from COVID-19. I’m intrigued to see what they can accomplish. I would’ve predicted them to beat the Steelers had Stefanski not went out. The fact they did anyway and the fact that they’re likely to be a heavy underdog (where Baker thrives) makes me think they’ve got about a 30-33% chance of pulling off this monumental upset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I could see Andy Reid having come up with a buzzsaw of a gameplan and destroying Cleveland, while putting whoever wins in the Buffalo/Baltimore game on high alert, having finally found that "on" switch come playoff time.

I could also see KC come out just a little bit sloppy/rusty with having rested a lot of guys Week 17 too.

That "rest vs. rust" argument is always an interesting one.

I see it probably something like 45-28 KC...but if it's within a possession in the 3rd Quarter, then that'll be very interesting indeed!

Yup. This is roughly how I see the game as well. I think the Browns will have enough firepower to be very capable and give KC a run for their money, but in the end their overall firepower just won’t be enough to get it done.

Though I think the path to victor is if they can win the turnover battle by 3 as well as dominate with their run game at the POA. I know that sounds like a lot, but a Mahomes interception and a MG forced fumble, I find as reasonable possibilities (not ‘likely’ but reasonable). So in such a scenario forcing a special teams turnover or something and I think it could get it done. Just need to steal some more possessions to drown the clock and put/keep KC in a funk.

13 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I haven’t watched this full scene since the movie came out (I like to wait a couple years before rewatching) and like in the theaters, this brought a tear to my eye. Such a powerful scene.

But yes, it’ll be interesting to see if getting guys back from covid will deliver the Browns an additional boost as it has done for all the other teams who have experience such.

Could help, in part, to negate “some” of the advantage KC has coming off of a bye.

Honestly, I find this game to be incredibly exciting. Just as exciting as the Bills/Ravens game... because we really haven’t seen the Browns on all cylinders yet this season. Even with the Ravens game, MG was still dealing with aftereffects from COVID-19. I’m intrigued to see what they can accomplish. I would’ve predicted them to beat the Steelers had Stefanski not went out. The fact they did anyway and the fact that they’re likely to be a heavy underdog (where Baker thrives) makes me think they’ve got about a 30-33% chance of pulling off this monumental upset.

Unfortunately, it seems like he still is. He's still been good, but not nearly as dangerous as he was before COVID. That's why losing Vernon sucks, as he had been playing very well ever since Myles went out and returned.

shocked that many here think the Browns will win. It wouldn't shock me though, their oL and run game is legit, not sold on their defence though.  Browns might score at will on the ground, Chiefs through the air. A rematch of Oklahoma and Tech in the works. I'm looking forward to this, not sure who to pick . 

On 1/11/2021 at 10:56 AM, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Logic tells me the Chiefs win big but I’m never counting CHUNT and a stacked oline out in any game. There’s potential here for a good game. 

might be a home game for him, expect some seriously violent runs and broken tackles in this game, 

On 1/11/2021 at 11:15 AM, berlin calling said:

will Ward play for CLE?

I thought so, has anything changed?

13 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

shocked that many here think the Browns will win. It wouldn't shock me though, their oL and run game is legit, not sold on their defence though.  Browns might score at will on the ground, Chiefs through the air. A rematch of Oklahoma and Tech in the works. I'm looking forward to this, not sure who to pick . 

might be a home game for him, expect some seriously violent runs and broken tackles in this game, 

I thought so, has anything changed?

Nor should you be. The defense is putrid.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not being deliberately unclear. DVOA has been used and discussed on here in depth for like a decade...maybe you need to venture out more!

Never experienced any pushback like this about DVOA since I joined the site in 2007 lol. It's the gold standard.

Well, there was last week when you said the Browns didn't deserve to be a playoff team because they were the 18th best team and that was supported by DVOA. It didn't matter that they were the only AFC wildcard team that had a winning record against playoff teams. They were clearly behind 17 other teams, some who were below .500 and no matter what argument anyone made you said DVOA says it so it's true.

You don't need to use DVOA to find out which team is better when you already have the results. How many weeks in a row would the Browns have to beat the Steelers to actually be graded as a better team? 2 more? 3? Clearly doing it in back to back weeks didn't matter.

Stats give an indication of tendencies but they can't say team A is better than team B so you can't use it to back you. It can show that statistically the Broncos pass better on 3rd and long than the 1982 49ers but you still wouldn't take Lock over Montana just because Data says he performs better in that situation.

Just like DVOA data can't be counted on to be correct when it said there 17 better teams than the Browns heading into the postseason even though several of those teams were beaten by the Browns and some with losing records while the Browns were 11-5. No reason to double down and say it is right when it's obviously wrong, there are many factors that can't be accounted for in sports like grit and determination.

But anyway, yeah there has been pushback. Moreso how you use it than what it actually does.

• Like 3

I picked the Browns in the poll because why not.

Obviously the Chiefs are likely to win which is why they are a double digit favorite.

If the Browns were playing the Bills or Ravens this week they would probably be 5 or 6 point dogs.

However, if the Browns do win this Sunday everything changes. They may not be favored next week but you'll see a small road dog like maybe 3 points and maybe lower depending on how they won.

Also as a Browns fan this week is going to be enjoyed as a Browns fan. Sure the game will be intense but we've had a successful year.

If we get by the Chiefs the fun and games are over. The AFCCG is must win at all cost. Too hard to get to that game to not demand a win by your team and be soul crushed if they lose.

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well, there was last week when you said the Browns didn't deserve to be a playoff team because they were the 18th best team and that was supported by DVOA

This never happened. I never said anything about the Browns "deserving" (or not deserving) to be a playoff team.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

You don't need to use DVOA to find out which team is better when you already have the results. How many weeks in a row would the Browns have to beat the Steelers to actually be graded as a better team? 2 more? 3?

Ah. So we base it all on h2h matchups? Jets are better than the Rams, too I suppose? PIT was descending and CLE was ascending to end the year (as reflected in Weighted DVOA). Your question about beating them x times in a row is...kinda nonsense. Nobody knows because DVOA isn't a regurgitation of the final score. So it's sort of a nonsense question with no answer.

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

But anyway, yeah there has been pushback. Moreso how you use it than what it actually does.

You seem to be inventing ways that I've used it. I've never once use DVOA as evidence to suggest that team A will beat team B in any single game. It's not made to be used that way, and I certainly don't. It seems you have a misunderstanding here.