2020 Divisional: #6 Cleveland Browns vs. #1 KC Chiefs

MWil23

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

I'm still not sure that helmet to helmet was a foul. I looks like the initial contact may have been with the side of the helmet. It needs to be the crown for a penalty. Maybe there is another view that makes it more clear, it was close at the least, but I can certainly see why it wasn't called in real time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

If kicking rules should be applied then why not kickoff and get the ball out at the 10 yard line for example and maintain possession? Why does one kicking rule translate and not the other?

Because kickoffs have specific rules associated with them. Most notably, if you don't kick at least 10 yards forward, it's a penalty and change of possession. The definition of touchback is simple and static. If a ball goes out of bounds in an endzone of the team that didn't have possession at the start of the play, it's a touchback.

I personally prefer keeping rules and definitions simple.

• Like 2

Just now, BigTrav said:

I feel like we are scoring slowly, but making these drives count. Holding Cleveland to 3 in a half too, not many saw that coming. 

This is great from Reid, spags and co. 

DVOA stated the Run Defense was the worst, so by the numbers it’s quite shocking the low totals were holding the Browns offense .

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Rest of the NFL just really hoping the salary cap catches up to the chiefs once we are officially past the mahomes rookie deal

I personally don't mind seeing them becoming the next dynasty. At least it's not the Patriots anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

just pointing out that what you actually mean is you want some sort of conditional rule added to change the definition of touchback in certain situations :)

No

I 100% support the rule that the ball being downed or going out of bounds on a change of possession results in a touchback

I reject the concept that fumbling oob in the ez should be a change of possession

Just now, Chiefer said:

Because it went OOB in the end zone 

So? Again, anywhere else on the field the ball is brought back to the spot of the fumble if the ball goes forward and out of bounds. Just because it's the end zone doesn't mean the ball can't be brought back to the 1 yard line, the spot of the fumble in this situation.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

This is a situational rule completely separate from the entire rest of the field when it comes to fumbles.

Not really. It's handled by the over-arching safety/touchback rule...

Ball goes out of bounds in an endzone... Was it the endzone of the team with possession at play start? Safety. Is it the endzone of the team without? Touchback.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

DVOA stated the Run Defense was the worst, so by the numbers it’s quite shocking the low totals were holding the Browns offense .

You saying DVOA isn't gospel?! 

Oh dear. Not what I heard earlier in this thread