2020 Divisional: #6 Cleveland Browns vs. #1 KC Chiefs

MWil23

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

On 1/12/2021 at 2:14 AM, samsel23 said:

Are we back to KC can’t stop the run?  It’s like deja vu from last year, yet we stopped it last year. 

I don’t really pay attention to DVOA,  but I highly doubt it takes into account the amount of times we are playing with a lead and don’t care as much about the run. 

Going well so far. 

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm calling it now, this would do more bad than good. Odds are, they'd make it reviewable like PI was reviewable. Or, if they call it on review by the letter of the law, you're going to see tons of big plays challenged for helmet to helmet contact. Every big run or catch that ends with a runner or receiver lowering their helmet into the tackle is getting brought back.

College manages to do a somewhat decent job of it limiting it to obvious cases. NFL refs should be able to do the same with the help of booth replay.

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

Yeah I don't like the Chiefs but Idk what he's supposed to do there other than let him have the TD? Feel like intention should matter and he's not looking to hurt someone there

Higgins could've stepped out. It's not like this situation hasn't happened before. Until it changes players should be aware of it and hold onto the ball

I guess some people don't believe in physics

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

again, its the same rule. you'd need to change the touchback rule itself, changing it so that fumbling oob in the endzone results in something different.

What would you suggest, anyway?

You're acting like "out of bounds in the endzone" is the impetus for a touchback. it's not

It's "change of possession in the endzone" that is the impetus for a touchback. And it makes NO sense that a non recovered fumble qualifies

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

oh yes, nothing more simple than how fumbles work

Fumbles out of bounds remain with the fumbling team

The ball is spotted at the point where the ball was fumbled, UNLESS it goes out behind the line of scrimmage

If the fumbling team recovers the ball they get the ball at the spot where they recover it. UNLESS it is 4th down, then its the spot of the fumble. It also can't be moved forward at all in that scenario

And sometimes when its late in the game and you are near the endzone then the rules are completely different AGAIN

And oh yeah, if the ball crosses the goal line before going out of bounds its a turnover, even though in no other situation is a fumble out of bounds a turnover

You know.. fumbles.. simple rules and definitions

Fumbles are indeed a mess.