Playoffs - Divisional Round

Leader

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

For all of the rule changes the NFL has been willing to make, why that fumble/touch back rule remains unchanged I'll never understand.  More than just the NFL, It may be the worst rule in all of sports.  I truly do not understand the thought process behind giving the ball to the defense in that scenario.

I’ll never understand the hatred for this rule. Why should a team be rewarded for losing possession of the ball into/out of the endzone?  Hold onto the ball and it’s a TD. You shouldn’t get a 2nd chance after fumbling away the ball and get it back. There’s a reason the endzone is the prime real estate on the field. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

I’ll never understand the hatred for this rule. Why should a team be rewarded for losing possession of the ball into/out of the endzone?  Hold onto the ball and it’s a TD. You shouldn’t get a 2nd chance after fumbling away the ball and get it back. There’s a reason the endzone is the prime real estate on the field. 

Why isn't the ball awarded to the defense when the ball is fumbled out of bounds at midfield?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Personally I'd change it so it goes to the 20 but the offense keeps the ball. Basically a 20 yard penalty, but the defense shouldn't get the ball if they don't recover the fumble.

I agree with that change. Would that be a loss of down too, or just the 20 yard penalty? 

Edited by Toddfather