Divisional Round GDT: Ravens at Bills

SalvadorsDeli

A raven is one of several larger-bodied species of the genus Corvus. These species do not form a single taxonomic group within the genus.

There is no consistent distinction between "crows" and "ravens", and these appellations have been assigned to different species chiefly on the basis of their size, crows generally being smaller than ravens.

The largest raven species are the common raven and the thick-billed raven.

Bubalina is a subtribe of wild cattle that includes the various species of true buffalo. Species include the African buffalo, the anoas, and the wild water buffalo (including the domesticated variant water buffalo). Currently, buffalos can be found naturally in sub-Saharan Africa and southeast Asia, and domestic and feral populations have been introduced to Europe, the Americas, and Australia.[2] In addition to the living species, bubalinans have an extensive fossil record where remains have been found in much of Afro-Eurasia.[3]

Despite being sometimes referred to as buffaloes, bison are not members of the Bubalina, but are instead classified in the subtribe Bovina.

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

A raven is one of several larger-bodied species of the genus Corvus. These species do not form a single taxonomic group within the genus.

There is no consistent distinction between "crows" and "ravens", and these appellations have been assigned to different species chiefly on the basis of their size, crows generally being smaller than ravens.

The largest raven species are the common raven and the thick-billed raven.

Bubalina is a subtribe of wild cattle that includes the various species of true buffalo. Species include the African buffalo, the anoas, and the wild water buffalo (including the domesticated variant water buffalo). Currently, buffalos can be found naturally in sub-Saharan Africa and southeast Asia, and domestic and feral populations have been introduced to Europe, the Americas, and Australia.[2] In addition to the living species, bubalinans have an extensive fossil record where remains have been found in much of Afro-Eurasia.[3]

Despite being sometimes referred to as buffaloes, bison are not members of the Bubalina, but are instead classified in the subtribe Bovina.

A group of Ravens is referred to as an unkindness; a group of buffalo is referred to as a gang, obstinancy, or herd

• Like 1

pass-chart_JAC323395_2020-POST-18_161031

Really interesting passing chart for Lamar yesterday. TEN is certainly not the first team to sell out to clog the middle and force Lamar to throw outside, but I don't know that i've ever seen it quite this pronounced. Roman did a great job adjusting to creating looks in the flats, and Lamar hit some deep and intermediate throws to Hollywood that he absolutely had to make.

I'd expect Buffalo to do something similar, but it's going to be trickier given Hollywood is going to draw a much tougher assignment this week with Tredavious White as opposed to getting to have his way with Adoree Jackson. I feel like this is going to have to be a big Mark Andrews game if we want to win. 

34 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I feel like this is going to have to be a big Mark Andrews game if we want to win.

To your point, Hayden Hurst's game breaking TD was key during our close 2019 matchup with the Bills. From what I've seen the Bills aren't great at defending TEs in general. So that's an area Roman and co probably will look to key in on.

Some Devin Duvernay gadgetry could be good for this game as well. 

• Like 1

Containing Josh Allen is very similar to containing Ryan Tannehill, they're both similar in skillsets with the pass/run. However, containing Cole Beasley, Smokey Brown and Stefon "Should Have Been A Raven" Diggs is VERY different than Corey Davis and AJ Brown. We're going from big, physical guys to small dudes with speed/acceleration. How well we match up with that remains to be seen but if we want to win it's not complicated, it's all of the usual stuff - don't turn the ball over, limit explosive plays, contain JFA.

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I think we’re gonna ***** slap them all over the place tbh. Their offense is too one dimensional.

Especially with Zack Moss out for the remainder of the playoffs. We should be able to play DB-heavier looks more comfortably as a result.

Basically I think we'll be able to sit in nickel/dime almost all day

Edited by sp6488

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I think we’re gonna ***** slap them all over the place tbh. Their offense is too one dimensional.

🤣🤣

We’ve been “one dimensional” all season long and finished 1st in the AFC in points and 2nd in yards. Good luck out there with that plan. 
Allen’s 5-0, 17 TDs-3 INTs, and averaging 30 ppg against top 10 Defenses this year. 
Well see who gets slapped

1 minute ago, The BILLievers said:

🤣🤣

We’ve been “one dimensional” all season long and finished 1st in the AFC in points and 2nd in yards. Good luck out there with that plan. 
Allen’s 5-0, 17 TDs-3 INTs, and averaging 30 ppg against top 10 Defenses this year. 
Well see who gets slapped

Are you talking about the Bills this year or the Ravens last year?

😜