Divisional Round GDT: Ravens at Bills

SalvadorsDeli

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

oh no

This gives me confidence. Old guards time is over, time for the next generation to take hold of the kingdom. Sadly Ray Ray’s time as the leader of this kingdom is up.

Lets get it Lamar! NextGenStats powered by AWS! 😎

”... belee dat!”

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I hope our defence bullies the Bills. The Josh Allen love fest is getting way, way too cutesy. I like the Bills fans but I hope we punch this team in the mouth and make everyone watching take notice

I agree to a certain extent but Allen deserves the love if you look at his numbers that past 10 weeks + how many people made fun of him and ragged on him since before he was drafted. Allen's 5-0 and averages 30 ppg against top 10 defenses this year so I'd be very impressed if the Ravens do come out and bullies us and holds us under 24 points. Def could happen though its a nasty defense.

16 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

I agree to a certain extent but Allen deserves the love if you look at his numbers that past 10 weeks + how many people made fun of him and ragged on him since before he was drafted. Allen's 5-0 and averages 30 ppg against top 10 defenses this year so I'd be very impressed if the Ravens do come out and bullies us and holds us under 24 points. Def could happen though its a nasty defense.

Lol damn Bills fans, y'all are too chill. I hope we bring out the spankings but it's not because of anything you guys and your players have done hahaha! - we've been dealing with a media hate train this year so I want to ride the dark horse villain vibe and come out violent. I think we have drawn a great opponent I just really want my boys to serve FF some crow to eat because right now we are picked as winners at the same rate as the Browns over the Chiefs in the NFL Gen which seems odd to me. 

See you guys tomorrow in the battle of the best 2018 QBs ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Lol damn Bills fans, y'all are too chill. I hope we bring out the spankings but it's not because of anything you guys and your players have done hahaha! - we've been dealing with a media hate train this year so I want to ride the dark horse villain vibe and come out violent. I think we have drawn a great opponent I just really want my boys to serve FF some crow to eat because right now we are picked as winners at the same rate as the Browns over the Chiefs in the NFL Gen which seems odd to me. 

See you guys tomorrow in the battle of the best 2018 QBs ;)

Haha tbh it just feels nice to actually have a QB, be in the playoffs, and get the monkey off the back with a playoff W. I'm sure this could develop into more of a rivalry down the road if Allen and Lamar keep ascending but for now this is a fun match.

I think both fan bases respect each other because it's been kind of a similar deal/situation. Both QB's got beat up by the media and doubters; and for the most part have proven critics 100% wrong. 

I obviously hope we win but also for a clean, injury free, entertaining game. If we're taken out i wouldn't mind you guys taking out the Chiefs to go to the SB.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

20 MPH winds today...dammit

Yeah, I’ve been annoyed at the weather all week. Would’ve much preferred they gave us the midday time slot. That said, I just checked all between Accuweather, Weather.com, the NOAA, and NFLWeather... of the four; two projects winds in the 20s, while the other two are projecting winds at about 15 mph.

NFL Weather has the winds as being 5 mph less than what we played Buffalo last year... I can’t compare the other sites on the front. So the wind will certainly be a challenge, but depending on which source, the challenge differs. NFLWeather’s 12-14mph estimates would be low-mid difficult for Lamar and our receivers. The Weather Channels projections of 15-17 mph would be firmly mid difficulty. Accuweathers projections of 18-21 mph (25 mph gusts) would be firmly mid-high difficulty (like last year), and NOAA’s 20 mph with 31 mph gusts would be boss level difficulty.

Hopefully if there is some sort of advantage to the winds, it would be if this becomes a kicking game, rookie Tyler Bass (from GA Southern) vs Justin Tucker. Kicking will be difficult for either squad, but you hope a veteran with years of cold game and windy game experience might have an advantage in this one... especially with an All Pro LS and veteran holder at his disposal.

Though the Bills likely have the 4th ranked ST in the NFL for a reason and we’ll see how this goes.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Wish they would’ve panned upwards. Would’ve liked to see the flags on the crossbar, but yeah... not looking good. Only supposed to get worse as the night goes on.

I finally think maybe I get why they put our game 1st. With how quick our game against the Titans went, perhaps the NFL put us as the late game because they were somewhat worried about our game ending early and there being an extra long wait prior to the start of the next game on the docket, whereas with the current setup, the games should have nearly the same spread (though with how often both the Packers and Rams run it, maybe this is a bad take... just ruminating here.)