Divisional Round GDT: Ravens at Bills

SalvadorsDeli

Man, I really wanted us to be the ones to smack the taste out of Pittsburgh's mouth as part of #revengetour2021. Alas, it was not meant to be. I actually like the Bills and Allen, similar makeup/story as us/Lamar; consistently proving haters wrong. Only thing I dislike about this match-up is that there is seemingly no added motivation or a chip on our shoulders going into this like there would be vs PITT/KC. Hopefully one of the Bills can say something stupid during the week and we can use it as bulletin board material. 😁

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Man, I really wanted us to be the ones to smack the taste out of Pittsburgh's mouth as part of #revengetour2021. Alas, it was not meant to be. I actually like the Bills and Allen, similar makeup/story as us/Lamar; consistently proving haters wrong. Only thing I dislike about this match-up is that their is seemingly no added motivation or a chip on our shoulders going into this like their would be vs PITT/KC. Hopefully one of the Bills can say something stupid during the week and we can use it as bulletin board material. 😁

Would be uncharacteristic of this team. But maybe we'll see you guys at midfield ;)

I hope the winner of this game represents the AFC in the Superbowl. Like you said, these teams have a similar story and it would be great to see Lamar or Allen win a SB and prove many people wrong. 

Cheers to no injuries!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Would be uncharacteristic of this team. But maybe we'll see you guys at midfield ;)

I hope the winner of this game represents the AFC in the Superbowl. Like you said, these teams have a similar story and it would be great to see Lamar or Allen win a SB and prove many people wrong. 

Cheers to no injuries!

Agreed. I ❤️ the Ravens. I wanted this match-up so bad. Not because I thought it was an easy win for my Bills. Far from it, actually. It's purely entertainment value for me.

Lamar is a stud. Allen is a stud. It should be an amazing game. Win or lose- let's just enjoy watching two incredibly talented teams firing on all cylinders going to war in the cold & snowy habitat of Buffalo, NY! 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Agreed. I ❤️ the Ravens. I wanted this match-up so bad. Not because I thought it was an easy win for my Bills. Far from it, actually. It's purely entertainment value for me.

Lamar is a stud. Allen is a stud. It should be an amazing game. Win or lose- let's just enjoy watching two incredibly talented teams firing on all cylinders going to war in the cold & snowy habitat of Buffalo, NY! 

Yup. If the Ravens can't win the Super Bowl this year, I'd definitely want it to be the Bills. The Titans, Chiefs, Steelers, and Browns. All of those teams have a nasty history with us. Losing at all obviously isn't fun, but if we have to go down the Bills beating us would sting the least.

It's like you say, this game is just pure fun and an enjoyable matchup. I don't have to wake up early, it might be a snow game, there's just nothing to complain about lol. This one could be a classic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Just like this past week was vindication for EDC for building a wall to stop Henry this offseason, we need this Saturday to be the moment Yannick shows us why he should be our franchise edge rusher. 

Yup, I think last game was ideal for McPhee, Ward, and Judon on the edge to stop Henry. 

Now Yannick and Bowser really need to show up, Yannick rushing and Bowser in coverage. Judon too.

Even though people talk up our secondary, I'm a bit worried about our safeties. We never really replaced Earl Thomas and a passing attack like Buffalo can look to exploit that.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Yup, I think last game was ideal for McPhee, Ward, and Judon on the edge to stop Henry. 

Now Yannick and Bowser really need to show up, Yannick rushing and Bowser in coverage. Judon too.

Even though people talk up our secondary, I'm a bit worried about our safeties. We never really replaced Earl Thomas and a passing attack like Buffalo can look to exploit that.  

Oh yeah you can already bank on Deshon Elliot getting put in the turn cycle by Diggs and giving up a deep TD. Our corners will depend on him to help bracket and their hopes will fall desperately in vain.

On the other side of it though, if Allen isn’t careful while scrambling, Elliot might deliver a knock out blow.

Elliot as the 3rd safety would be a great player, but we need a legitimate FS to take this defense to a whole other level.

I’m so annoyed at having to play this game in Buffalo. Precipitation and Wind estimates have already doubled since when I looked at the forecast yesterday. Was estimating only 4 mph winds during game time, now they’re up to 9 mph winds. Which isn’t bad, but at this rate, they’ll be 18 mph winds by actual game day. Smh.

Precipitation probability in the 2nd half of the game jumps from 6% to 18% in the second half. Only good thing is perhaps it’ll be cold enough that not of that precipitation will cause the ground to become wet and reduce foot traction on the field.

I don’t want corners slipping trying to cover Diggs and giving up easy scores or Lamar slipping as he’s making a crazy juke that could go for 6, but instead goes for only 6... yards.

EDIT: Or Bowser/Yannick slipping when trying to rush the passer like (was it against the Pats?) some weeks back.

Edited by diamondbull424

Lol not exactly what you want to hear but I guess there's always a first time for everything. Throw the kitchen sink at him this week in terms of simulating weather prep however possible. 

As of now the weather doesn't seem too crazy I guess. I'd take scattered snowshowers over torrential rain along the lines of what we saw at the end of the Pats game. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Lol not exactly what you want to hear but I guess there's always a first time for everything. Throw the kitchen sink at him this week in terms of simulating weather prep however possible. 

As of now the weather doesn't seem too crazy I guess. I'd take scattered snowshowers over torrential rain along the lines of what we saw at the end of the Pats game. 

That's... not great to hear. But I agree I'd prefer snow over rain, I think a wet ball affects Lamar's throwing more than other QBs. 

I've found it is extremely difficult to predict how teams perform in snow, there isn't a lot of logic to it. I remember Lesean McCoy was an elite snow game runner, so maybe Lamar would be too since they have similar speed/agility/acceleration. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

4 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

That's... not great to hear. But I agree I'd prefer snow over rain, I think a wet ball affects Lamar's throwing more than other QBs. 

I've found it is extremely difficult to predict how teams perform in snow, there isn't a lot of logic to it. I remember Lesean McCoy was an elite snow game runner, so maybe Lamar would be too since they have similar speed/agility/acceleration. 

This is just the media making something out of nothing. I finally got around to listening to this and he basically just said he’s never played in snow. Then corrected himself and said at Louisville him and the guys got into a snowball fight- it was his first time seeing snow at that point in his life, but that wasn’t football, so he said that didnt count. He laughs and just says Saturday would be his first time playing in snow, corrects and says “if it snows” and then corrects again while laughing and says, “though hopefully it doesn’t”.

The whole exchange takes place at 4:20-4:40 in the video.

Edited by diamondbull424

11 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

If it makes y'all feel any better- it's been a very mild winter here in WNY. We haven't had one snow storm yet, which is unheard of. Normally we'll have a crazy storm in November, then a few more scattered in every month or so. 

• Like 1