Divisional Round GDT: Ravens at Bills

SalvadorsDeli

From here on out, all eyes are on Harbaugh and DeCosta. Culley and Roman are just children doing what their parents tell them. If they're failing within their roles because of a lack of ability and/or lack of resources, it's the parents duty to remove them from the task/job, identify someone more qualified, and make sure they have the resources to succeed. 

Also, we're now at the stage where Lamar was removed from a game due to health/injury concerns. Getting a stronger line isn't just about raising the floor and ceiling of our offense, it's about keeping Lamar healthy and protecting him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Are we gonna pretend you actually still root for the ravens 

just because I dont view jackson as the almighty savior like other do, does not mean im not a ravens fan. Its frustrating having zero confidence in a team in the playoffs. Its not the ravens way

2 minutes ago, paraven said:

just because I dont view jackson as the almighty savior like other do, does not mean im not a ravens fan. Its frustrating having zero confidence in a team in the playoffs. Its not the ravens way

You show up when you do. Nobody has to pretend to not to understand why or act like any of this is in good faith. We actually have a good time disagreeing and covering it from all angles anyhow. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

Just now, paraven said:

ust because I dont view jackson as the almighty savior like other do, does not mean im not a ravens fan. Its frustrating having zero confidence in a team in the playoffs. Its not the ravens way

You have to understand why coming in and posting only when the team is at very low points, often in a mocking or biting fashion, is going to build up more than a little bad faith.

Just now, SalvadorsDeli said:

You show up when you do. Nobody has to pretend to understand why it is or act like any of this is in good faith. 

im just not as active on this site anymore, as there are plenty other ravens forums where people can talk without the fear of bans. But sure I will go for good on this forum, its dying a slow death anyways... 

7 minutes ago, paraven said:

im just not as active on this site anymore, as there are plenty other ravens forums where people can talk without the fear of bans. But sure I will go for good on this forum, its dying a slow death anyways... 

K yeah we're good without you and have fun talking football without your weird and dumb points, so godspeed. The fact that you think you're in fear of a ban and feel some weird sense of victimhood makes it clear we are all very better off without you. Best of luck on Reddit or wherever else welcomes that sort of whining. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 2

@paraven Surely Lamar isn't the first Ravens' player you've felt had shortcomings. Did you obsess on those players and only show up during big losses to complain about them? Or did you function as a normal poster and participate in a regular way? I know it's the latter.

Why not drop the bit and just go back to how things were. There's nothing wrong with you having issues with Lamar as a player, but why go so hard with the shtick?

We're now in the draft phase of the football year. How about looking at some prospects and sharing your opinions on them like you used to? I don't see why you can't drop the troll act and just *exist* once again as a routine member of the Ravens sub.

However if you don't think the site offers you the kind of environment you want, then that's fair and I wish you good fortune on other boards. 

9 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Where do we go from here? We have holes all over the offensive line and could really use receiver help. We also have no returning edge defenders, need an inside linebacker, and could really use some athleticism at safety. 

Big offseason for the Ravens here. 

I think based on the scheme we don't really need to invest that much in OLBs. I'm not sure how much value Judon or Ngakoue bring in this defense, even though on the open market they will likely get a nice deal. 

We can probably resign Bowser, McPhee, and Ward for pretty cheap to go along with Ferguson. 

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Lamar made one bad play ater carrying a crappy scheme, horrible blockers, and incompetent receivers beforehand. Then his offensive line got him killed.

It matters that ppl recognize that he has been completely screwed. Otherwise we will get another off-season of EDC beefing up at nose guard with universal acclaim. 

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

This is it

Right here.. 

Agreed. I missed these posts earlier. But yup. Lamar saved us countless times in this game. If he tosses a TD to Hollywood the play before the pick, the narrative looks a lot different. When Allen couldn’t trust his OL last year and when Baker didn’t trust his OL last year, they threw plenty of dumb interceptions as well. Lamar will likely learn from that play.

The biggest problem is we need a competent offensive coordinator that can SHOW him what to look for and really develop his mind. How can Lamar grow as a QB when the guys guiding him along can’t even competently construct a logical passing attack?

Allen has/had Dabole, Lamar has... Roman. This team and Lamar will never develop past where they/he is now with Greg Roman as our offensive coordinator. Roman didn’t look good against the Titans and he definitely didn’t look good in this game. I’ll easily sacrifice 500 rushing yards/season and drop down to 2500-2600 rushing yards in hopes that a better passing mind can develop Lamar.

Harbaugh is a loser if he keeps Roman. And I like Harbaugh, but if he chooses to run it back with Roman, fire him. Call it reactionary or whatever you want. But the Ravens had a Joe Flacco who while not Josh Allen possessed some of the traits Allen has, yet he never developed as a QB under Harbaugh. When there was a spark with Jim Zorn, Harbaugh fired him to appease Cam Cameron. There were years where Joe CLEARLY needed offensive guidance and Harbaugh’s solution was never to look towards innovation. Well we’re at a critical precipice IMO. If we play one more season under Roman, I’m not going to say Lamar will be ruined, but he won’t have the rookie contact years to cushion his mental development as he progresses.

So if Harbaugh is willing to gamble with the franchise QB who saved him from being fired, then I feel little recourse. He’ll be an All-Time Ravens great, but little recourse. The time for Lamar to develop as a QB isn’t when he’s being paid $40m, it’s now. Yet this punk Roman is sinking him down.

I’m not upset about losing this game, I’m upset because barring something completely unforeseen, I see us losing another franchise QB’s ultimate potential. That hurts far worse than losing a playoff game. We once again lose in the divisional round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavensDefense3 said:

defense was absolutely phenomenal, we might have the best defense in the league when fully healthy.

Only knock on it is obviously some sort of pass rusher that can legitimately get home as well as a deep cover 1 corner that can clean up any mistakes from corners, allowing them to be even more aggressive underneath.

But every defense has a flaw. If Campbell comes back, with Williams back at his most natural spot, and with possible ascensions from Madubuike and HOPEFULLY Queen (who seemed to be much improved in zone coverage this game), this could be an even better defense next season. Let alone if Tavon Young can actually stay healthy.