Divisional Round GDT: Ravens at Bills

SalvadorsDeli

On 1/18/2021 at 8:46 PM, baltimoreRebel said:

Just awesome stuff

Lamar has a lot of love around WNY. People seem to like him even if they don't fully believe in him (I do, btw).

Of course, the critics come out of their shadows after Saturday night's performance which, might I add- was in a f***ing tsunami. The deep ball was made completely irrelevant due to the weather. Even the short-to-intermediate passes seemed to be influenced by the wind causing some uncharacteristic drops by both squads. Lamar has his flaws, but I wouldn't judge either QB too harshly in that game.

Still, Buffalo has some really athletic LBs which allows them to matchup pretty well with mobile QBs, and they played admirably on Sat night. It's too bad the weather had such an impact on the game but- perhaps it's the old geezer in me who's walked many cold, snowy, and windy journeys from the tailgating lots scattered throughout a 2 mile radius of the stadium to the Ralph where we'd battle a harsh climate for the duration of the game- but I love crazy weather games, and while many would say this game wasn't entertaining due to the low scoring- I thought this was a very gritty and hard fought game where each side had to claw for every inch. 

Great game, y'all. I'm sure with that defense and Lamar at the helm on offense- we'll meet again in the playoffs. May both teams prosper in the years to come, but not at the expense of each other, of course. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Lamar has a lot of love around WNY. People seem to like him even if they don't fully believe in him (I do, btw).

Of course, the critics come out of their shadows after Saturday night's performance which, might I add- was in a f***ing tsunami. The deep ball was made completely irrelevant due to the weather. Even the short-to-intermediate passes seemed to be influenced by the wind causing some uncharacteristic drops by both squads. Lamar has his flaws, but I wouldn't judge either QB too harshly in that game.

Still, Buffalo has some really athletic LBs which allows them to matchup pretty well with mobile QBs, and they played admirably on Sat night. It's too bad the weather had such an impact on the game but- perhaps it's the old geezer in me who's walked many cold, snowy, and windy journeys from the tailgating lots scattered throughout a 2 mile radius of the stadium to the Ralph where we'd battle a harsh climate for the duration of the game- but I love crazy weather games, and while many would say this game wasn't entertaining due to the low scoring- I thought this was a very gritty and hard fought game where each side had to claw for every inch. 

Great game, y'all. I'm sure with that defense and Lamar at the helm on offense- we'll meet again in the playoffs. May both teams prosper in the years to come, but not at the expense of each other, of course. 

I said all along that the two teams that scared me most in these playoffs were the Indy Colts and your squad because both teams have such athletic defenses and both were playing near elite ball down the stretch.

KC, I felt were sort of sleepwalking through every body and with the narrative around that game would have been and with the Ravens being clear cut underdogs, I thought that was our best route to the AFCCG.

I had a bad feeling the entire week of this game and it never relented. Good luck with injuries on your squad moving forward.

• Like 1