Eagles fire HC Doug Pederson

.Buzz

I seriously implore anybody that is interested in this news or surprised by it like I’ve seen a lot of comments saying to check out the latest Kist and Solak podcast. They do an amazing job hitting the nail on the head with pretty much everything giving the Eagles front office a good ol’ wake up call.

Plus, this isn’t hyperbole, but not only is it one of the the best team podcast, but it’s probably been one of the best NFL/football pods in general and as an Eagles fan I’m gonna be sad to see it go, especially for moments like these as this is probably their last or second to last podcast they’ll do as Kist got a promotion recently.

For anyone who wants to listen they get right to the ****s, so it’s really not that long, especially when you fast forward commercials.

Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5u1cuXjvFgaOFWLwnGebF3?si=uYJ33FM0QaCqSpMBGoqvMw&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A6kLubboUPSinfnMesa8xhj

Apple:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-kist-solak-show-221-doug-pederson-fired-emergency-pod/id1424518763?i=1000505010382

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

Eagles fans:

Do you think the focus for a new HC is going to be fixing Wentz? If so, gotta think Daboll is the first guy you look at.

Hard to say. I think Lurie will want a visionary guy from the Offensive side of the ball.
It's always been his MO. I think he saw how susceptible you are to regression when that guy isn't your HC when Frank left.

Dabool would be great for it for sure. Reports are they already reached out to Lincoln Riley.
Joe Brady potentially there too. I think Pep Hamilton is of some interest after his year with Herbert.

I’m not sure where all the Reich praise is coming from. He was average to below average as an OC and play caller for the Chargers in 2014-2015. If anything, a lot of Pederson rubbed off on Reich especially his aggressiveness based on analytics.

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I’m not sure where all the Reich praise is coming from. He was average to below average as an OC and play caller for the Chargers in 2014-2015. If anything, a lot of Pederson rubbed off on Reich especially his aggressiveness based on analytics.

Thats going to be a hard sell to Eagles fans. The combo of Deflippo/Reich did everything for that offense. All Pederson did was call plays.... unless Reich told him to run a different play. 

Man this is just funny, people not knowing who to attribute the success of a team or player to. Lol it’s OK to not know. When it comes to HC, coordinating, play calling etc. we really don’t have a clue yet people still feel as though as if they do. The only real concrete and uniform measure we can go by is wins and losses (for as flawed as that can be).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Man this is just funny, people not knowing who to attribute the success of a team or player to. Lol it’s OK to not know. When it comes to HC, coordinating, play calling etc. we really don’t have a clue yet people still feel as though as if they do. The only real concrete and uniform measure we can go by is wins and losses (for as flawed as that can be).

Or maybe there’s not one main person. They all play a part. Though some may deserve more praise than others. I put Pederson in that category compared to Reich.

Edited by Xenos

17 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Pretty much everyone is in agreement. The offense and play calling is good with Reich, the offense and play calling got way worse once he left.

21 hours ago, SkippyX said:

2017 Eagles playoff TDs

• Blount (FA signed by Howie)
  • Patrick Robinson (FA signed by Howie)
  • Blount (FA signed by Howie)
  • Jeffrey (FA signed by Howie)
  • Torey Smith (UFA signed by Howie)
  • Blount (FA signed by Howie)
  • Foles (Drafted by Howie, traded by Chump, FA by Howie)
  • Clement (Undrafted FA by Howie)
  • Ertz (drafted by 75% Howie 25% Kelly (2013 settings))
    • Kelly moved to about 50/50 in 2014 and shoved Howie out in 2015

Yeah, Howie is such a joke! 😄

I mean...yeah, but this can be said about every TD scored in every game by every team who's ever won a Super Bowl lol. Typically that's how sports work...a general manager signs and drafts players, and those players subsequently play said sport. Kind've an oddly empty and general point to make...I don't think anyone was under the impression that Chip Kelly the GM was responsible for that 2017 SB lol

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

Or maybe there’s not one main person. They all play a part. Though some may deserve more praise than others. I put Pederson in that category compared to Reich.

That’s my point. Obviously its all collaborative. I’m saying we really don’t know who deserves more praise than others. 

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm an outsider trying to interpret this.

Did he want to stay with Wentz or did he want to bench him sooner for Hurts?

Im not sure it was Wentz at all. The Eagles owner (Laurie) and GM (Roseman) did things like hire his staff for him. He probably just wanted more control in general. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats going to be a hard sell to Eagles fans. The combo of Deflippo/Reich did everything for that offense. All Pederson did was call plays.... unless Reich told him to run a different play. 

This isn't exactly accurate and at this point I think you're just a bit of a Pederson hater Matts. I have my qualms with him as a fan, but not gonna let you or the Eagles throw him under the bus. I don't think you can say DeFilippo and Reich did everything lol. I do think the collaborative approach between Pederson and them really helped a lot though. We never replaced them when they left after the SB with good offensive coaches. That's on Roseman more than Pederson I think, but both should take some blame there. Pederson didn't have all the connections that a more tenured coach that had been around the league would have, so Roseman probably could've helped there like bringing Schwartz in to team up with him when he was first hired. I'm sure Pederson still needed to sign off though and I think he liked his coaches too much and was loyal to them to a fault, even if they weren't getting the development out of a position group or unit like they should be.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I seriously implore anybody that is interested in this news or surprised by it like I’ve seen a lot of comments saying to check out the latest Kist and Solak podcast. They do an amazing job hitting the nail on the head with pretty much everything giving the Eagles front office a good ol’ wake up call.

Plus, this isn’t hyperbole, but not only is it one of the the best team podcast, but it’s probably been one of the best NFL/football pods in general and as an Eagles fan I’m gonna be sad to see it go, especially for moments like these as this is probably their last or second to last podcast they’ll do as Kist got a promotion recently.

For anyone who wants to listen they get right to the ****s, so it’s really not that long, especially when you fast forward commercials.

Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5u1cuXjvFgaOFWLwnGebF3?si=uYJ33FM0QaCqSpMBGoqvMw&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A6kLubboUPSinfnMesa8xhj

Apple:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-kist-solak-show-221-doug-pederson-fired-emergency-pod/id1424518763?i=1000505010382

Thanks for that. I’ve enjoyed listening to 94WIP after Eagles losses because it was a total headhunt fest! Now this?!  I so wish that “105.3TheFan” out of Dallas had the cajones to call out our known problem (Jerry Jones the Meddling Owner/GM) but they’re afraid of getting shut-down.  Sure, they’ll infer it here and there, but they mostly just call out players, coaches or just poor-mouth the weekly situation.  

Very refreshing to hear some common sense criticism of a team   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Im not sure it was Wentz at all. The Eagles owner (Laurie) and GM (Roseman) did things like hire his staff for him. He probably just wanted more control in general. 

Lurie* and.... Matts just listen to the Kist & Solak pod that I posted about above on this page.

I swear some of you guys would really benefit from listening to it lol.

Just now, ///mcompact said:

Thanks for that. I’ve enjoyed listening to 94WIP after Eagles losses because it was a total headhunt fest! Now this?!  I so wish that “105.3TheFan” out of Dallas had the cajones to call out our known problem (Jerry Jones the Meddling Owner/GM) but they’re afraid of getting shut-down.  Sure, they’ll infer it here and there, but they mostly just call out players, coaches or just poor-mouth the weekly situation.  

Very refreshing to hear some common sense criticism of a team   

Yep.... as much as I hated how down Kist & Solak were on the Eagles even coming into the season. Their fair and balanced approach always brought me back down to earth when I was letting the homer in me get carried away. They are what all team podcasts should aspire to be which is fair, humorous/entertaining, and insightful. Gonna miss it. 

Can't say I've heard much at all of 105.3, besides the NFL Draft Show which was really good. Listened to it for years with Brugler before he left and funnily enough is now on the Eagles Draft Show which is also a great listen for a fan of any team, cause they don't overly focus on the Eagles on there at all. Kind of like 105.3's Draft Show was geared towards the Cowboys, but mainly spent their time just focusing on the prospects and what they thought of their game.

Good sports podcasts/journalism is out there. Our phones and the internet is just littered with content from tons of different places. The struggle is parsing through and finding which are worthy of subscribing to.

• Like 1